Dual proc discussion

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
Re: Host Needed for Oasis server

urbanfox said:
Unless you have dual procs you would lag the server.

i dont know how you figure you would need dual processors or it would lagg because even if you do have dual processors they still work as one cos as of yet windows isnt coded to allow the use of 2 different processors at one given time you unless they are working in series together n00b :S,

P.S. Whos using my account? and ill host it for you :P (A64 3000+ 512mb ddr 400 ram 512kb/s BB :P)

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary

ssj4songohan said:
i dont know how you figure you would need dual processors

or it would lagg because even if you do have dual processors they still work as one cos as of yet windows isnt coded to allow the use of 2 different processors at one given time you unless they are working in series together n00b :S,

Well, I figure this based on the fact that the mirserver taxes the system enough that using another resource intense program would therefore make both programs incredibly slow.

Congratulations, you gave me the 'wtf?!' face.

First of all, quite the contrary mr bill gates. Dual procs only work as one if the program in question is programmed for multi threading.

Two, don't call me 'noob', because then I in return make you look like a noob. Windows can't handle 2 procs with multiplen programs? Who is feeding you this BS? That's friggin hilarious.

noob :S

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003

urbanfox said:
Well, I figure this based on the fact that the mirserver taxes the system enough that using another resource intense program would therefore make both programs incredibly slow.

Congratulations, you gave me the 'wtf?!' face.

First of all, quite the contrary mr bill gates. Dual procs only work as one if the program in question is programmed for multi threading.

Two, don't call me 'noob', because then I in return make you look like a noob. Windows can't handle 2 procs with multiplen programs? Who is feeding you this BS? That's friggin hilarious.

noob :S

i didn't mean working together like that i was meaning that when one processors resources are fully used the resource usuage then goes onto the other 1 :P

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary

ssj4songohan said:
i didn't mean working together like that i was meaning that when one processors resources are fully used the resource usuage then goes onto the other 1 :P

No. The first physical cpu does not have to be full.

Rebel said:
When talking about computers, it is a mistake to call urban a 'n00b'.

I'm no master but I'm definitely not some 'n00b'

1. noob
Shortened form of "newbie," the most hilarious insult ever invented, in which a person who uses a computer game too much is ridiculing one who does not, for being "new" at the game, which of course they once were. Generally speaking, the speaker of this "insult" is one who should be on the receiving end of most insults.

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003

as ive said ill probably end up hosting it, i hosted it before mutant did, and he's my bro, plus i know mystics and Dante in real life so im a bit more trust worthy then alot of you people :drobot: plus i only use my comp for the odd game of HL2 / msn :P

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003

urbanfox said:
Did your post have any technical background or was it something you pulled out of a rabit's hat.

my rabbit lost it's hat : :slicendic

DarkDevil

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2005
England (UK)

urbanfox said:
Did your post have any technical background or was it something you pulled out of a rabit's hat.

did ur post have any meaning or was it just to spam him :bthrust:

DarkDevil

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2005
England (UK)

p.s the point in my reply was to state that urbanfox was actually spamming ^_^

OMG im double posting spam :announcme :argh:

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003

urbanfox said:
I wasn't spamming, it was a rebuttle to an important fact about dual proc setups that all celeron lomcn users must know.

Now go away xena.

why doesnt we all stop spammin and let them get there host :P cos this is gettin old

p.s. u still spammin ere? ;)

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003

urbanfox said:
You still questioning what I said?

erm and the NOT spamming this thread thing was to EVERYONE yes that means you too so stop spamming :P

END SPAM HERE! :P

P.S.
Specs: 3000+ AMD Athlon 64bit Newcastle @ 2.0ghz
with Corsair 512mb DDR 400mhz ram
80gb Maxtor HDD + 30GB Maxtor HDD + 40gb Maxtor HDD
512/256 D/U BroadBand line
uptime: 38 and a half days :S
talk to ya at school tbh :P.