Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
So what do people think about it? personally im a bit disapointed with the menu interface, much preferred morrowinds. Cant get decent graphics on it atm till i get a new card so i havent played much.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Im liking it, alot, I wasn't too familiar with Morrowind so the interface doesn't really bother me, the only thing that does is that I can't play it in windowed mode properly :( The whole cursor speed difference, and the fact that windowed mode doesnt letyou do anything else apart from play the game, that was a bit dissapointing, other than that, it's all good

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
This is morrowind (ignore the stupid stats lol, this was my mess around account)

Attachments

• ScreenShot 0.JPG
    ScreenShot 0.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 85

AGuyWithAThing

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2003
The Elder Scrolls 3 pwned, shame it wasn't a MMORPG i'm gonna have to wait for my new RAM before i get Oblivion

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
how come ur screenshot looks so poor graphics? the graphics look pwnage on the screens on the website.

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Screenshots are bmp format by default, i changed it to JPG so i could upload it.

Just checked and the screenshot in bmp format is 2.25 mb

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
I'm deffinitely going to get it when i get a new computer (hopefully in a couple of weeks) - i hope that it's as good as i think it will be. I'm not sure but isn't stones screenshot from morrowind rather than oblivion? (if it is then Farril might've got mixed up). If i'm wrong then *shrugs*, but hopefully it's good.

/Miles

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Thought so =), anyway i was just wondering if anyone has got any good, high quality, screenshots of Oblivion that they can post here?

/Miles

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London

I'll post better screenshots later.

And I see what you mean Stoney, Morrowind UI definitely looks more user friendly

Vannaroth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2004
London/Aberystwyth
Couple of gripes with oblivion:

1) the only landscape is grassland and woodland
2) the level scaling. in morrowind you could walk round like a demi god punching everyone up and killing anyone who looks at you funny, pillaging entire camps and cities, raiding treasuries and stealing ordinator helmets to put on display in your stronghold. You could potentially gain the best items in the game while still at low levels, which was cool, its what freedom is all about. You would go around treasure hunting and finding awesome high level items.

in oblivion the game adjusts so that everything is constantly at your current level (including items and weapons) so those things are made practicaly impossible. Theres no real point in going treasure hunting because all youre going to find is average items for your level. it seemed that there was alot more to discover in morrowind.

other than that its a great game

Last edited:

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Yeh i completely agree van, just ordered some new computer gear so my comp will be able to run it, will see what its like then.

But yeh, the exploring and treasure hunting made morrowind and i think oblivion will struggle to live up to it.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Should my PC run the game?
1GB DDRam
GeForce 6600GT PCI-E
A64 3000+ @2,25Ghz

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

You have 6600 series, it'll run, but not so smoothly

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Meh, think i'll invest in a new graphics card soon enough.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
This is one of the reasons I am going to buy the X800 off of Urban. Should I invest in a better card, or will the x800xl do me good with this game/others?

Whilst I wait for some feedback, I'll get off my lazy ass and do some research... or just type something in google, brb :P

Turin