EULA the truth

MotOl

EULA is basically a way in which legend of mir europe can avoid any legal complications from players via lawsuit or say threats.

Basically by creating an account you have agreed that legend of mir may access your account at any given time, allowed to remove items, delevel, ban or even just take your money. I mean by taking your money that you can pay for your account and have it de activated without any given reason. IE... taking your money.

You are all screwed.

MotOl

they say private servers are illegal, what classes them as private? way i see it, its a server and should be classed as server, from this day forward!! no1 uses the phrase 'Private server' ! And Illegal? pff, , my ass!

[ade]

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 30, 2003
I hope you're not being entirely serious with that reply Mr Mental

Warrior85

LOMCN Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2003
mental is correct , wemade cant do **** when we are using the 1.4 client. Its just lomcn were making 1.5 files , thats why wemade got scared and started to get involved -

KEEP TO MIR 1.4 AND WE WILL BE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MotOl

whatever version you run on you will be fine, its just minor edits and edits count for nothing.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
i agree, paymir is a BIG CONSPIRACY, AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!! ( £6.50 a month ones)

from now on Private Servers are called Advanced Servers!

(cos they are more advanced than 1.5 in imagination and inovation)

peace ;)

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
heh, only advantage to EMir over PMir is 1.5 and the new areas / abilities

All we need is an experienced hacker / cracker / sommat to find a way to add them into 1.4 :P

<|~Stonehelm~|>

Yeh bunch of Conmen have they ever taking actiaon against ne 1 ?? i doubt it cos they aint got a leg to stand on ;D

fastwind

LOMCN Leecher
May 1, 2003
Just sitting here thinking about this issue.

Has anyone ever looked into the point that we made have a copyright for mir in the uk as every country in europe has different laws concerning this.

And another point WHO made the server files avail for download if i remeber correctly wasnt it wemade who allowed them for public release if so they havent a leg to stand on.

If i am wrong about this i stand corrected.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Ah, MentaL talk of teh **** and people praise. How.. pathetic.

MentaL, you are only feeding them false security. Lets get into the technicals that you yourself seem to not even have thought of.

A.) The client software used is derived of the European / Italy Legend of Mir 2 - The Three Heroes client. This means, that executable file everyone uses is bound under the same pretences that European players are, no matter how you try to twist it. Not that I support many of European Mir's EULA agreements, but the simple fact is you are even NOW still bound to them. Technically using their client allows them to invest time into suing you.

B.) No matter how you look at it, the server software is property of WEMADE Entertainment. I come here and see kids trying to defy the copyright laws with all this 'it was found!' and 'they gave it away free because it was on an anonymous ftp!'. Simple, If I leave my car out in the middle of the road, doors open, with me sitting on the back, does that allow you to get into my car and drive off? I think not. I mean, the doors were open, but who said you could take it? Edit: answering the post above, they were not 'provide for public release', they were placed there while being moved from a test server.

C.) The simple fact MentaL is here implies this network supports use of copyrighted software. Even if they didn't get you for distributing it, they would get you for supporting it.

How some people spout bull**** makes me wonder where this world will be in another 200 years.

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England
about the car...... if u sat on the back with doors open, im sure theres ppl in the world who wud jump in an go off lol

DeathShadow

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2003
South Wales
about the car...... if u sat on the back with doors open, im sure theres ppl in the world who wud jump in an go off lol

And tht has wot 2 do wiv this subject? lol he was using it as an example, 2 prove a point :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
'if u sat on the back with doors open, im sure theres ppl in the world who wud jump in an go off'

yeah and thats what unity is saying, it doesnt give you the right to take the car, but ppl still will.
I cant stand to say that either of you are 100% right, but i can say that what mental has told you is b/s.
Example
From what mental said about taking items, and MONEY.

If you opened a bank account, does that give you bank rights to steal your money whenever they want to?...no.
When you give your credit card to someone when your buying something, does that give them the right to take £100 more? no.

Nick_D

I think, no matter how you sugar-coat it, private servers fall under software piracy. thers a new law being processed, cracking down on all forms on piracy.

"LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is poised to adopt a European Union copyright law designed to stop music, film and software piracy, which could carry heavy penalties for people who download pirated files." - Penalties = Up to 2 years in jail and a fine.

Basicaly if WEMADE can prove you run a private server, your liable. that goes for kazaa and winmx as well, pretty soon.

I dont kno nething bout the EULA agreements, so mayb im talkin outa my ass but thats how i see it.