EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Just let lower lvls dash/repulse higher levels so they have a chance to escape, ur being carebear on one side of the spectrum and being a typical rule abiding donut on the other.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
back to progress ive now fixed the issue of BladeAvalanche and CrescentSlash being instant damage on cast

it now properly animates the damage after the attacks have landed rather than being triggered instantly, little things that bugged me.

Also BladeAvalanche damage is scaled depending on distance to target (further away mobs take more damage) where as CrescentSlash is a flat damage applied to all mobs. both spells are level 3 and scale off DC so you can see the advantage to leveling a spell and its damage output is considerable based on the little DC i have

oh and protectionfield has had its graphics updated. i will be doing the same/similar with rage and the graphic for it is terrible

heres a video for you to enjoy (and its not 20 minutes long with me showing of a potion icon...🤷)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Why you quoting me lol, i aint digging at sanj i always give him respect, it's a fact though. Subscription based play / Pk Protection is something the majority don't want it Mir xD Although im sure he's scrapped the Subscription thing for a better ingame GS.

Oh it wasn't having a go at you, it was just that point in general, you can't ever please everyone :) haha

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Personally if you really wanna punish griefers/pk'ers.. punished them after the deed. 1 Kill = Instant red, add a higher tax onto all pots, etc, make it run down real slowly, atleast then if somebody is out to kill they need to makesure they got the funds.

Only allow players to buy goods off NPC's and block Sales of items, heck even block dura repair, many other forms of punishment than level restriction.
Post automatically merged:

As someone who ran around provinces during events on Apoc twatting hundreds of people from afar on my OP archer while they innocently killed reindeer and ****, this wouldn't work either. ALL the time in Penal was worth the lols and drops 😂 😂 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Hercules and zedina

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
70% of these ideas are dam right stupid. Sorry great sever by looks of it sanj but some of your ideas are ridiculous I get that you want a server for you.. But i dont see what your trying to accomplish with it?

Most of the things that have been brought up pk wise 80% of people are disagreeing with inc me. i get you dont like pking maybe cause you got farmed or pked on a previous server. But this is what most of us play for. Also on that note. i read a apart were you stated you dont care if it has massive users and if its only 30 you be happy. Again im sorry but that mindset will ruin your server all most instantly off the 1st week. People want a decent user count not some one who is stuck with there own ideas that much is drastically effects the number of users.

This comment is also aimed at your subscription based option ( i would personally) but again that attitude of if people dont they wont play is more harmful thinking than you will initially have thought. over all some cool ideas / maps ect but i think you should reevaluate certain aspects of the game.. Good luck tho fella

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
70% of these ideas are dam right stupid. Sorry great sever by looks of it sanj but some of your ideas are ridiculous I get that you want a server for you.. But i dont see what your trying to accomplish with it?

Most of the things that have been brought up pk wise 80% of people are disagreeing with inc me. i get you dont like pking maybe cause you got farmed or pked on a previous server. But this is what most of us play for. Also on that note. i read a apart were you stated you dont care if it has massive users and if its only 30 you be happy. Again im sorry but that mindset will ruin your server all most instantly off the 1st week. People want a decent user count not some one who is stuck with there own ideas that much is drastically effects the number of users.

This comment is also aimed at your subscription based option ( i would personally) but again that attitude of if people dont they wont play is more harmful thinking than you will initially have thought. over all some cool ideas / maps ect but i think you should reevaluate certain aspects of the game.. Good luck tho fella
i wish you had read the whole thread, then you would have realised that the subscription idea has been scrapped, and has been scrapped for about a week >.<
80% of 5 people disagreeing isnt that great a number imo....

if 80% of 100 people disagreed, maybe i would listen more...

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
One should defo be listening to the main mouths on the forum, most of them are dedicated players who dont want to see a server ruined.

A good owner would appreciate the input, the my way the high way attitude is a Jamie special and his servers die with his attitude and not 100% thought out ideas.

Reactions: astrix

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
This is the cost of working on something new.
Sanjian got overwhelmed by the avalanche of feedback regarding the system he works on.

But in the end, its only one "bad" thing he tried to experiment, the rest are nicely done 🧙‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
One should defo be listening to the main mouths on the forum, most of them are dedicated players who dont want to see a server ruined.

A good owner would appreciate the input, the my way the high way attitude is a Jamie special and his servers die with his attitude and not 100% thought out ideas.
i will always listen to input, i dont discard it on a whim...

i have though about many a persons insight, ive even changed things purely because of a person input. skylines lvl 40+ removal was one, without reading 25 pages to double check im sure there have been others.

but if i dont agree with a persons input then im well within my right to discard it. if players gave me viable reasons for changing something i will change it.

and the flames over the last few hours have not been from " dedicated players who dont want to see a server ruined."

if i was half the person Jamie was i wouldnt need to consider a subscription.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
i wish you had read the whole thread, then you would have realised that the subscription idea has been scrapped, and has been scrapped for about a week >.<
80% of 5 people disagreeing isnt that great a number imo....

if 80% of 100 people disagreed, maybe i would listen more...

Im fairy certain 80 out of 100 would disagree with your pk protection lol :D

Reactions: Wond

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Jamie had a lot more problems than being a top harvester...

I gave you a good reason, for some reason you don't like skills working for newbies....it is a problem if ur sticking to ancient mechanics from the early 2000s as people see this as a potential mmo experience, not a nostalgia trip.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Actually don’t think anyone is arguing it’s just feedback, and ppl say it in different ways, if they think an idea is dumb they say “dumb”

Think the reason ppl are going on about it tbh is because you get well defensive on just the feedback of “1 particular thing” ... like your taking it to heart, like why ask in the first place, just go with your gut it will save the ag.
If you know deep down your going to not change something what answers are you actually searching for.

Your server looks good btw, just the general “my way or the high way” and calling ppl that like to Pk “idiots” just puts me off

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Actually don’t think anyone is arguing it’s just feedback, and ppl say it in different ways, if they think an idea is dumb they say “dumb”

Think the reason ppl are going on about it tbh is because you get well defensive on just the feedback of “1 particular thing” ... like your taking it to heart, like why ask in the first place, just go with your gut it will save the ag.
If you know deep down your going to not change something what answers are you actually searching for.

Your server looks good btw, just the general “my way or the high way” and calling ppl that like to Pk “idiots” just puts me off
maybe i am coming across like that but its not intentional.

i have put in place plenty of options for players to pk, i have no issue with pk its a part of the game and i encourage it for a given situation pk is healthy and a good source of banter

what i dont agree with, is being able to run up to anyone you like and just decimate them for the "fun of it" there is no fun in that for anyone who just wants to play, so again ive put in place measures to stop it... people dont agree thats fine, it doesnt make it a carebear server, it makes it a server where in some situations its a safe place to play which is quite a nice feeling (imo)

its a 5/7 level limit... its not massive, its not "if your lower than me by 1 level i cant hurt you" its a system designed for noobs and as it happens, its designed to protect casuals who wont level as fast as the hardcores.

tbh you could just RT.... ive kind of argued against my own stand point here..... :/

Reactions: sweetfa

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I think you like to be clever with your server and ideas and I admire it, but I think your missing the fact that grief players are mostly noobs, ie just off the top of my head another situation..your a lvled wiz luring a nice lure on floor 1 or 2 etc “not a Kingsroom” and a noob comes along and keeps griefing you be stuffing up your lure, or luring more on you that you can handle and being a general dick...you cant even wipe him out as you cant hurt coz he’s to low.
I’m sure there’s more situations like this if I thought harder

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
ive gone outside and has a smoke and just thought about it....

i thought i was creating a clever alternative to being ganked......... i didnt stop to think i could just RT, if i dont want grief, get out if the situation. so instead of looking at the obvious i was looking to punish the griefers, which isnt actually needed.

im gutted tbh because i had thought of a decent system, when in reality, it wasnt needed and thats abit of a kick in the teeth for me....

so meh..

and to all those i spat at and argued with lol.. sorry... just RT :/ thats the best grief protection :(

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i see that now... didnt before, i was protecting my system and not actually looking at it from a neutral perspective...

i dont even know why i put it in place now... ******* gutted lol

Improvements to SlashingBurst

Because SlashingBurst was never on euro i have no idea how it works... so ive seen what it does and wanted it to do more so ive altered it.

How it will work:

each level increases the distance you can move. you damage everything in a line you move through or if you cant move through you will damage everything infront of you increased by spell level. each attack on each target is its own attack so you can miss/block/crit targets, slashing through a target from behind triggers back attack and so damage is 50% more than what it would normally be.

its hard to explain so heres another video!

for a quick look skip to 1:55 where i set the spell to level 3 and just slash targets.

EDIT: PK Protection has been completely removed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.