EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i may well do once im closer to being ready, i just wanted to get some feedback and reactions to gauge how players feel about it

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Go with whatever your happy with tbh, if u don’t mind losing a few to go with your gut then trust it 👍🏻

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
advice is put the subscription to start once you hit 25.

but sometimes not everyone is in a position to be able to donate even if it just seems like only £3 to you and me.

Regards

brcarter1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2013
Kent
tbh i think its a brilliant idea, id happily pay a monthly sub, me and the misses played your previous server loved it, (just not the fishing part tho :P) its only £3-5/month which is easily affordable for all if not most and still better then servers with a gameshop where its £20 a mount for example. just my feedback anyway me and the misses would happily sub for a server we know would be worth the time playing. G/L! :)

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
i may well do once im closer to being ready, i just wanted to get some feedback and reactions to gauge how players feel about it

Sub based will put a lot of people off unfortunately everyone wants to play for free, and unfortunately in mir low user counts put people off..

On ours we went with a cosmetic only system and a few pigpots/items. The cosmetics have generated enough to cover our server costs, and I believe mir2 has a much more varied selection of equipment that can be used in such a system

Reactions: Tai and Sanjian

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Good idea.
Bad idea.

It's one that you'll never win either way.

I'd happily pay it - After playing LOF I know how much effort you put into the server and how you actually listen to the players when it's genuine feedback.

My question to you though -

Lets say you get 30 people willing and do pay the £3 a month.
What happens if 15 of those players after a month decide not to continue? Thus making you out of pocket on the hosting etc?

Reactions: Sanjian

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Good idea.
Bad idea.

It's one that you'll never win either way.

I'd happily pay it - After playing LOF I know how much effort you put into the server and how you actually listen to the players when it's genuine feedback.

What happens if 15 of those players after a month decide not to continue? Thus making you out of pocket on the hosting etc?

Mir2 doesnt have Transmog? i remember last time checking Crystal it was options to be turned into a Female holding an umbrella lol

Edit: ignis guy from mir3 tried the same, with a subscription and he failed. we live on a community where servers are poping up more than usual and nobody would pay for it.

However... Sanjian is good on what he doing and i wish him good luck with this project :)

Last edited:

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
Very much go with what you think is best but I don’t think you gain much (if anything) from a subscription but lose plenty. if It’s a decent server, even the most watered down game shop will cover your costs of approx. 90 quid. You’ll lose a lot of the shitty people but I think you’ll lose too many other players along with them.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
When i find a server that i like playing and i can tell some effort has gone into making it i always throw a few
££ here n there as it is well deserved. I would happily pay a monthly subscription but as others have said a lot of people will be put off

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I think it would be a shame to add a Sub as it wouldn't reach it's full potential in Numbers imo, could always trial it for a few months to see how it goes but it would be a shame to see this not get attention because of the Subscription, i think with just knowledge torchs and crap you'd easily make the Host cost's back per month, i'd honestly just chuck some 10% exp pots in and you'd make a fair bit.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I think it would be a shame to add a Sub as it wouldn't reach it's full potential in Numbers imo, could always trial it for a few months to see how it goes but it would be a shame to see this not get attention because of the Subscription, i think with just knowledge torchs and crap you'd easily make the Host cost's back per month, i'd honestly just chuck some 10% exp pots in and you'd make a fair bit.

Or maybe make a subscription in game only?

How Chronicles had and so do RoTa... 10$ monthly and you get x1 exp pot 20% and such... ?

Also the fact he said he will have HuntGold, will stop the discussions regarding P2W :)
Be active and get HG for that monthly subscription or simple buy instantly with GG :)

Reactions: Sanjian and Emzie

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
I play a private server (Not mir) that has a subscription cost and seems to work well. They don't have a level cap before you have to pay just a time limit (something like 20 hours free play), works off a buff timer. Gets more casuals joining/playing. They do the game token thing WoW does too so people can sell gametime for ingame stuff/currency. This caters for the people who chuck the £££ around but also the people who play a lot and don't want to pay RLC.

Reactions: Sanjian and zedina

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Arcadia aka scorpion has subscription items 1month 3 month 1 year you buy ingame from gameshop using game gold. Game gold can be earned by selling items or buy using irl cash. The subscriptions offer increased light, drop rate, gold find, magic find, exp rate.

I think you should try it if its what you want do it nothing stopping you re running server later down line if it doesnt take on as well money as it needs to sustain its running.

Good luck i think with your effort and changes its well worth paying for.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
While I understand the reasons for going behind a Subscription access system, I very much doubt Mir as a whole has the User count willing to subscribe on blind faith.
Maybe having a free mode which has limited features, locations, etc

AquaLungs

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2013
long time lurking and not posting, following Sanjs work. I'd be happy to pay £3 a month.. not even a pint down in Kent these days however Daneo has a good point, maybe half store for non subs or less 10% exp.. something like that, just spitballing ideas.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Why dont you have like a month sub for a small exp benefit or something, ppl wud pay £5-10 easy for a 5% exp buff for the full month, leaving it free to play for everyone else.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

As long as i can afford the hosting i dont see a reason to take the server down, LOF was hosted from home, sharing a connection with 3 pcs, 2 laptops, a ps4 an xbox, 4 phones, 3 tablets, tv, sky, firestick.... wow actually 1st world problems >.<

point being i was having to leave my pc online all the time i wanted the server online. i dont want to do this anymore and i want to do dedicated hosting.

im going to have a shop around and if i can snap up a bargain (someone gave me some great server advise) ill grab it asap.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
point being i was having to leave my pc online all the time i wanted the server online.
For what hosting externally apparently costs, and given your connection is good enough to host a mir server, would it not be much cheaper to host from home (buying a small server hardware used only for hosting) even if that meant some initial investment?

Hosting from PC that you also use in other ways is, as you found, very limiting in many ways.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
For what hosting externally apparently costs, and given your connection is good enough to host a mir server, would it not be much cheaper to host from home (buying a small server hardware used only for hosting) even if that meant some initial investment?

Hosting from PC that you also use in other ways is, as you found, very limiting in many ways.

One of problems this community suffers is that some people among will attempt to ddos and attack new servers that look like they will be successful which could be a problem hosting from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.