EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
🙌🏻 a legend returns. This post will make a lot of people happy!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
🙌🏻 a legend returns. This post will make a lot of people happy!
did he ever go
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I posted this in my discord but felt it would be good for players to see it here:

---- Understanding Experience ----

Experience on this server is calculated unlike any other server. On this server experience is directly influenced by your level vs the monsters level (except subs and bosses) Below are some examples of solo and group hunt experience calculations

Monster Level = 30
Monster Exp = 1000

--------

-- SOLO --
Your Level = 10 (difference of 20)
ANYTHING over 10 levels difference will result in a 90% loss of experience. you will get 100 FlatExp for that kill.
If you were 10+ levels HIGHER than the mob you will receive 60% of its value so you will get FlatExp of 600.

Your level = 27,28,29,30,31,32,33 (any range +/- 3 levels of the mob)
You will receive a bonus of 5% Experience for being in "level range" of the monster you kill.
You will get 1050 FlatExp

There is a range of levels that affect exp that range from +10 through to -10 levels.

A good rule for gaining the best experience from levelling is to make sure your within 3 levels of your mob, 5 levels higher you will lose only 10% of the original, but 5 levels lower and you lose 20% of the exp

-- Groups --
Group levels are calculated on an average of those in your group and in range of the kill to gain exp.

Member 1 Level = 10
Member 2 Level = 12
Member 3 Level = 10
Member 4 Level = 22
Member 5 Level = 18
Member 6 Level = 35
Member 7 Level = 6
Member 8 Level = 10

I will assume these players are all in range of the mob kill, the groups average level is ((10+12+10+22+18+35+6+10) / 8) which is a GROUP LEVEL of 15

The same Level differences will apply for mobs now based on your groups level. The group dialog will display you GROUPS LEVEL.
Lets make the group level 30.

Member 1 Level = 30
Member 2 Level = 30
Member 3 Level = 30

((30+30+30) / 3) = 30

Monster Level = 30
Monster Exp = 1000

Parties/Groups gain a bonus to exp kills in the form of a party rate, based on how many members are close enough to get experience.
a party of 3 people will get a x2 bonus.

so 3 people share 2000 FlatExp = 667 FlatExp each.

-- What is FlatExp? --
FlatExp is what i call it BEFORE any additional calculations are made to the experience amount.

TotalExp is unique to each player based on buffs/relationships/mapunlocks/catchup/rested/veteran/timeofday

Lets take the 3 man party as an example

Member 1 hasn't unlocked the map hes on, doesn't have any buff and isn't rested, BUT the highest level on the server is 40.
Member 1 receives 667 + 20% (10 levels difference at 2% exp per level) + TimeOfDay bonus(lets say its night time = 30%)
Member 1 Experience calculation = 667 + 133 + 200 = 1000 TotalExp.

Member 2 has unlocked the map so a 10% bonus, has a 20% exp potion he crafted from alchemy so an extra 20%, but also has a level 40 on his account so a veteran bonus of 100%
Member 2 Experience calculation = 667 + 133 + 200 + 67 + 133 + 667 = 1867

Experience is a complicated system thats been designed to stop players just boosting in high level areas and forces players to be in level appropriate content.

BUT that doesn't stop a group of people going to a high level cave for good drops! Drops are not affected by level at all.

Reactions: PoPcOrN and Jev

OuYangPlane

LOMCN Member
Jun 24, 2020
I posted this in my discord but felt it would be good for players to see it here:

---- Understanding Experience ----

Experience on this server is calculated unlike any other server. On this server experience is directly influenced by your level vs the monsters level (except subs and bosses) Below are some examples of solo and group hunt experience calculations

Monster Level = 30
Monster Exp = 1000

--------

-- SOLO --
Your Level = 10 (difference of 20)
ANYTHING over 10 levels difference will result in a 90% loss of experience. you will get 100 FlatExp for that kill.
If you were 10+ levels HIGHER than the mob you will receive 60% of its value so you will get FlatExp of 600.

Your level = 27,28,29,30,31,32,33 (any range +/- 3 levels of the mob)
You will receive a bonus of 5% Experience for being in "level range" of the monster you kill.
You will get 1050 FlatExp

There is a range of levels that affect exp that range from +10 through to -10 levels.

A good rule for gaining the best experience from levelling is to make sure your within 3 levels of your mob, 5 levels higher you will lose only 10% of the original, but 5 levels lower and you lose 20% of the exp

-- Groups --
Group levels are calculated on an average of those in your group and in range of the kill to gain exp.

Member 1 Level = 10
Member 2 Level = 12
Member 3 Level = 10
Member 4 Level = 22
Member 5 Level = 18
Member 6 Level = 35
Member 7 Level = 6
Member 8 Level = 10

I will assume these players are all in range of the mob kill, the groups average level is ((10+12+10+22+18+35+6+10) / 8) which is a GROUP LEVEL of 15

The same Level differences will apply for mobs now based on your groups level. The group dialog will display you GROUPS LEVEL.
Lets make the group level 30.

Member 1 Level = 30
Member 2 Level = 30
Member 3 Level = 30

((30+30+30) / 3) = 30

Monster Level = 30
Monster Exp = 1000

Parties/Groups gain a bonus to exp kills in the form of a party rate, based on how many members are close enough to get experience.
a party of 3 people will get a x2 bonus.

so 3 people share 2000 FlatExp = 667 FlatExp each.

-- What is FlatExp? --
FlatExp is what i call it BEFORE any additional calculations are made to the experience amount.

TotalExp is unique to each player based on buffs/relationships/mapunlocks/catchup/rested/veteran/timeofday

Lets take the 3 man party as an example

Member 1 hasn't unlocked the map hes on, doesn't have any buff and isn't rested, BUT the highest level on the server is 40.
Member 1 receives 667 + 20% (10 levels difference at 2% exp per level) + TimeOfDay bonus(lets say its night time = 30%)
Member 1 Experience calculation = 667 + 133 + 200 = 1000 TotalExp.

Member 2 has unlocked the map so a 10% bonus, has a 20% exp potion he crafted from alchemy so an extra 20%, but also has a level 40 on his account so a veteran bonus of 100%
Member 2 Experience calculation = 667 + 133 + 200 + 67 + 133 + 667 = 1867

Experience is a complicated system thats been designed to stop players just boosting in high level areas and forces players to be in level appropriate content.

BUT that doesn't stop a group of people going to a high level cave for good drops! Drops are not affected by level at all.
Could you please share these UI images, I like them very much 1694275577748.png

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I have decided a live date for the server.

December 15th 2023

please see the below advert as i cant make an advert for a server that isnt live yet.

ADVERT.jpg

YouTube Tutorial Video Links

EDIT: Open Beta will cease on 31st November 2023 at 23:59

Last edited:

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Can you please elaborate on the 'Subscription Based access'.

The files look great, you've evidently put in a **** load of work but I cant help feeling this is potentially capping the upside of the server usercount. You certainly won't have an easy time converting non-mir familiar users.

I'm not onboard with P2W either just for clarity, but there are other ways to monetize. I'd be interested to understand your rationale / what we can actually expect.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Can you please elaborate on the 'Subscription Based access'.

The files look great, you've evidently put in a **** load of work but I cant help feeling this is potentially capping the upside of the server usercount. You certainly won't have an easy time converting non-mir familiar users.

I'm not onboard with P2W either just for clarity, but there are other ways to monetize. I'd be interested to understand your rationale / what we can actually expect.
Certainly, i will be using Patreon which is coded to use patreons API to automatically determine account status so i dont have to do anything and players dont have to "message me to get your stuff" rubbish that these cheap ass cash cows are attempting.

I know going subscription based will lower my user count but im not after a lot of players, im after players who want to enjoy a fair server for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER

1696672684172.png

This is the unpublished patreon players MUST subscribe to for access to the servers features listed in it. linking your patreon to your discord will also give you access to a special section on discord that only patreons can talk in and interact with.

Players may play in free mode but wont have access to the above and are limited to 1 character per account.

EDIT: Open Beta is available now unrestricted to everyone

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Certainly, i will be using Patreon which is coded to use patreons API to automatically determine account status so i dont have to do anything and players dont have to "message me to get your stuff" rubbish that these cheap ass cash cows are attempting.

I know going subscription based will lower my user count but im not after a lot of players, im after players who want to enjoy a fair server for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER

View attachment 32857

This is the unpublished patreon players MUST subscribe to for access to the servers features listed in it. linking your patreon to your discord will also give you access to a special section on discord that only patreons can talk in and interact with.

Players may play in free mode but wont have access to the above and are limited to 1 character per account.

EDIT: Open Beta is available now unrestricted to everyone

Ironically mate I think you've inadvertently gone with a model that is more P2W than cosmetics or minor XP/Drop buffs.

Again I think what you've created is amazing, you deserve to reap rewards for what you've done & I respect that you care more about a happy small player base. That said from my POV (which I appreciate may be completely irrelevant to you & many others in the LOMCN community), this is an error.

I don't think this is the most optimal way for you to monetize your efforts, neither is it optimal for the satisfaction and contentment of your player base. All of that said, you made it and you can do with it as you will.

I still wish you the best of luck, I'll definitely log in as a free user but with the limits placed and the functions required to make Mir an enjoyable game locked behind payment I just won't play the game.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lee and a3dam

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Ironically mate I think you've inadvertently gone with a model that is more P2W than cosmetics or minor XP/Drop buffs.
i appreciate your response thank you... but how is it in anyway P2W? a single XP pot in a gameshop is pay2win.... i think you may be confused what p2w means?

Reactions: Lee

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
i appreciate your response thank you... but how is it in anyway P2W? a single XP pot in a gameshop is pay2win.... i think you may be confused what p2w means?
To be honest I can't make a fair assessment as I've not played the beta, however I can't imagine that as a free user the inability to access storage, refining, TM, gemming, companion, instances etc would not put me at a significant disadvantage against those players that pay for the sub. A disadvantage that I would argue is more significant than the ability for players to spend for cosmetics or even a typical Mir cash cow like XP/Drop pots.

I wonder what the appetite in the community is for a sub system but I would definitely stick a 10er on people being less receptive to monthly sub over a reasonable gameshop. Again none of this matters if ultimately a subscription model is what you'd prefer & I'm not criticizing you outside of my desire to see a great set of files have the usercount and gameplay that'll throw me right back into being a kid running around the mines.

'Reasonable' is the operative word when I imagine a gameshop, and that would have to be a model that aligns with your goals for the server and your values as the creator.

P2W is not necessarily the right term but I'd hope you can appreciate the point I'm trying to make.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
To be honest I can't make a fair assessment as I've not played the beta, however I can't imagine that as a free user the inability to access storage, refining, TM, gemming, companion, instances etc would not put me at a significant disadvantage against those players that pay for the sub. A disadvantage that I would argue is more significant than the ability for players to spend for cosmetics or even a typical Mir cash cow like XP/Drop pots.

I wonder what the appetite in the community is for a sub system but I would definitely stick a 10er on people being less receptive to monthly sub over a reasonable gameshop. Again none of this matters if ultimately a subscription model is what you'd prefer & I'm not criticizing you outside of my desire to see a great set of files have the usercount and gameplay that'll throw me right back into being a kid running around the mines.

'Reasonable' is the operative word when I imagine a gameshop, and that would have to be a model that aligns with your goals for the server and your values as the creator.

P2W is not necessarily the right term but I'd hope you can appreciate the point I'm trying to make.
100% i do mate and i hope you dont think i was attackingn your points

EDIT: Open Beta is available for everyone so now is the time to check it out if its something you think you migh want to play

Reactions: Jev