Everythings black apart from text

Ekins

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 6, 2004
I can't seem to find an answer for this problem after searching so, I downloaded the most recent euro mir3 client and have got it to connect to the server i play. When i get to the login screen everything is black apart from i can see the text box outline and the text i type in it. I managed to make a char without being able to see anything and go ingame. Same thing was happening all i could see was the text in the interface and no char, maps or the interface graphics.

So far ive tried reinstalling mir3, changing my resolution, changing the colour depth to 16bit from 32bit and even playing in windowed but nothing works. I have had no problems with a previous mir3 server I was able to play normally.

PC Spec:
CPU: Quad Core 3GHZ
GCARD: Nvidia 8800 Ultra
RAM: 2GB

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Alot of my players have had same problem with Euro client, for some reason it changes the data folder or something but best way to solve this is download the US client ... www.lom3.com its worked for all that had the problem so should sort your problem

Ekins

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 6, 2004
Okay I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks

Though I believe i get an error message: Insufficient space on C:\ when i try install the US client. Even though i have 300gb of space left on my hard drive.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Okay I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks

Though I believe i get an error message: Insufficient space on C:\ when i try install the US client. Even though i have 300gb of space left on my hard drive.
lol very weird never had that before

Ekins

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 6, 2004
Yup tried to install the US Client again and same error about no disc space on C drive.

Ekins

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 6, 2004
A friend of mine managed to fix the original problem. Turns out I had to disable DirectDraw for it to work.