EvilMir 2.3 Server.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
Server Not Longer Allowed to Advertise - LOMCN Administrative Team. Please see below for details.

Last edited:

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
The Sad Truth

Once again another Server which disappoints.

As most people who play the server know the server is hosted by Jayz (who is Daydie's brother, and coincidently is also the highest level on the server).

There have been various rumours flying around recently that Daydie and Jayz have been corrupt, but since I thought that they were both decent guys I didn't think anything of them.

When I logged on today however, one of the players on the server sent me a pm asking me to @info Jayz and see if his MP was going down.

I did this and frankly I was both shocked and appalled by what I found :-

images68so9.png

As you can see from the screenshot above Jayz was using "Superman Mode" which made him invincible to any attack, and hence impossible to kill, and was attacking 2 other people.

I'm sure that you will agree with me that this is inappropriate behavior for any Server host, and after I found out about it I de-leveled him to level 1 and kicked him (as I don't have the ability to ban). I then announced to the server that he had been abusing his hosting powers, and after a couple of minutes found that both my GM and my normal character had been deleted by Jayz.

I made a new character, and questioned Jayz as to why he did it, and he told me that he used Superman because he lagged when he teleported somewhere. I'm sorry but if you think then that is an adequate reason to abuse your host powers then there is something significantly wrong with you.

Although I think that EvilMir had great potential, I very much doubt that it will be realised as unless Daydie gives me a damned good excuse why I should allow him to advertise his server, from now on EvilMir is not allowed to be advertised, and anyone who does so will be IP banned for good.

Daydie (the owner) may have had no idea that this was going on (although I don't think that's likely) and if he didn't then I'm sorry about what was going on, and you should have a talk with your brother about morals.

I'm sorry to everyone who has been affected by this, but the Server was corrupt (Jayz wouldn't have got to be level 78 without cheating in some way - e.g. using Superman to kill as many monsters as he wants to without dieing / being hurt), and hence it really isn't that big of a loss.

I will leave the thread open for reply's, but as far as I'm concerned this is the end of EvilMir.

Regards
/Miles - LOMCN Administrator
/Numinator - EvilMir Gamemaster

Last edited by a moderator:

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
100% behind you Miles, the server was fun but as usual with most servers the host takes the game into their own hands and ruins it for the rest of us.

Shame really.

Last edited:

PeeKay

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2006
day announced new ip and hes sorry or summat

madmanmc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2006
Though jayz was a good man, What a asshole tbh. Waste of a good server.

R.I.P EvilMir ;)

PeeKay

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2006
obv not here.. but i wanna know so i can change all pass on my accounts as jayz can hack ppl

madmanmc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2006
How are we ment to find out the new I.P then lolerz?

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Miles will have words with Daydie and he may be aloud to have his advertisment back.

Its down to what Miles says.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Its now all up to Miles and daydie to decide the server future regarding LOMCN.

Other than that, EvilMir has its own forums, please discuss it there.

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been a problem with the server and now is not allowed to be advertised on lomcn. i have Messaged miles what i am about to say here.

i knew jay used superman mode.

i knew jay plays off the host PC and his PC aint that good (GFX card)
When he teleports into a map he gets mass load lad off the gfx Pixels since most of its been used. So i allowed him ( to be fair since he hosting, and if not he cant relli play so that aint fair.) to use superman mode just to teleport into the maps. then take it off, the only reason he was fighting on the screenie beucase he never had chance to take it off when he teleported. they were there and started killing him st8 away.

I am recieving the files now and then deleting them from his Harddrive.

I am going to host untill i can afford a Dedicated PC Box.
Thats y i was ina rush of buying one.

Sorry about all of this. i will post IP (on ********* when its up.) if miles dont allow this.

/daydie

----------------Edited by Lyncus----------------

Link removed untill permission is given by Miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It's a bit of a shame, however I knew something was wrong by the 2nd day of playing the server, I was banned by DayDie (for swearing at his brother), and then he black mailed me to make me post an appology on lomcn to get my account back, which obviously I did not do.

The sheer terrible administration of the server is what caused me to create my own mir2 server, to provide a decent DM2 alternative, which before playing EvilMir I would have never dreamed of doing again.

Anyhow, it seems neglect to respect the powers given to you by hosting a server has caused the death of another popular mir2 server.

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
ii am Sorry bowt that was ages ago when was doing alot of work by me self and was Very Stressed.

No1 has been IP banned for ages since i removed the IP's.

wanabee

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 10, 2004
newbury
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been a problem with the server and now is not allowed to be advertised on lomcn. i have Messaged miles what i am about to say here.

i knew jay used superman mode.

i knew jay plays off the host PC and his PC aint that good (GFX card)
When he teleports into a map he gets mass load lad off the gfx Pixels since most of its been used. So i allowed him ( to be fair since he hosting, and if not he cant relli play so that aint fair.) to use superman mode just to teleport into the maps. then take it off, the only reason he was fighting on the screenie beucase he never had chance to take it off when he teleported. they were there and started killing him st8 away.

I am recieving the files now and then deleting them from his Harddrive.

I am going to host untill i can afford a Dedicated PC Box.
Thats y i was ina rush of buying one.

Sorry about all of this. i will post IP (on ********* when its up.) if miles dont allow this.

/daydie

----------------Edited by Lyncus----------------

Link removed untill permission is given by Miles.

how can you justify him haveing superman powers even if playing on the host pc ?

if he was temp host he new he had one pc to use then he should have just not used the pc to play the game simple.

im sorry if im speaking out of line but that is just wrong in all counts.
anyways good luck what ever you do. but i think you need to think hard on what you do on the server which could affect you in many ways.

im not saying im perfect in running a server but you have things you can and cant do.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
how can you justify him haveing superman powers even if playing on the host pc ?

if he was temp host he new he had one pc to use then he should have just not used the pc to play the game simple.

im sorry if im speaking out of line but that is just wrong in all counts.
anyways good luck what ever you do. but i think you need to think hard on what you do on the server which could affect you in many ways.

im not saying im perfect in running a server but you have things you can and cant do.

Your not speaking out of line, the thread was kept open for people to voice their opinions on what happened. So no worries.

/Lyncus - LOMCN Mir2 Moderator

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
Server Down.... Not going back up. i Cant be arsed With the little fags no more.

People who did donate a little, thanks for it and im sure ill make something of it. Sorry about going down cant be arsed with lots of little rarfs naggin at me for **** all. End of the day i made this for yas to play and done my best and tryed.

Close Thread.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
I'm sorry you feel that way Daydie, but at the end of the day I think that it may have been the right thing to do.

I'm also sorry that you had to take the blame for what your brother did, and I hope that nobody blames you for what happened - it really wasn't your fault.

EvilMir was a fun server, and had good potential, and it may have gone far, but I guess we will never know.

Sorry to everyone who was affected by this, but there really isn't anything left to do.

If anyone has any questions then please PM me.

Regards
/Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.