Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2005
What did you expect? The server IS located in Korea afterall... :eek:

wargod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2006
Jesus mother of a holy god, the lag is unbearable.

Level 4 after 1 hr, can't move around much due to 2 step lag. Great idea hosting servers in korea, especiall seeing as its a world server.

US can connect no lag - Not surprised, korea is only over the back.
UK can connect laggs to hell.

They should have hosted servers centrally not way over there, can't see many euro players staying long if it stays like this.

about god damn time i had to play for years lagging while euro people had better connections you didnt see any threads complaining, at first i thought it was funny that all of uk lagged but now its just annoying to here amg it lagz.... ffs im lagging i had to put up with it for years with out complaining, you have been playing on it for 2weeks and already .... tst tst lol

anyways i am having a great time with out lag

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Lagg has got a little better past couple of days i noticed, yer still pretty bad lagg in town but once out hunting can hardly notice it tbh, Brother said there thinking of moving hosts too France, not sure if this is true or who told him tho.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
about god damn time i had to play for years lagging while euro people had better connections you didnt see any threads complaining, at first i thought it was funny that all of uk lagged but now its just annoying to here amg it lagz.... ffs im lagging i had to put up with it for years with out complaining, you have been playing on it for 2weeks and already .... tst tst lol

anyways i am having a great time with out lag

but when YOU lagged you was the miniority, the european players are the majority here.

YOU were also playing a EURO server when u lagged, this is advertised as a WORLDWIDE server.

I dont see ur point in rubbing it in that u dont lag

and before u say it - I DONT LAG.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
i think you know the lag is stupid when your a noob trying to kill one of those deer that runs from you.... and you cant catch up with it -.- really annoying but then again at that time in the mornin i found it strangely amusing

MrElusive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2008
tbh the 2 step lag is playable for me. its not that i die all the time because of lag, infact, it makes it a little easier because im that little more wary

however, what i cant stand is the 20second lag spikes and mob lag, especially over the last 2-3 days of CBT.

Lets hope they fix it

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
I always lag like 0.3s each step and that's not a problem. The real headache is that I get those 5+ second lag once I start luring a bunch (10+) of mobs.

It's just annoying...

Natural

LOMCN Leecher
May 1, 2009
Mine works fine no problems from US. Honestly its about the same distance for me as it is from uk to korea lol i live pretty close to east coast. Bout time you uk fkers realize what lag is being privileged by having so many priv servers/off servers in uk/eu

Same here. I live on the East Coast of the US and work for one of the major telecommunication companies as a Senior Network Engineer and I have a few questions.

(1) Does anyone know how up-to-date the ISPs in the UK are?
(2) Are the pathways fiber or copper (coax) from the ISPs to the customers (you guys)?
(3) Has anyone pinged or traced the path to their ISP and then to another IP somewhere else in the world or even different point along the path?

From experience with Mir (dating back to May 2000) it has always been a bit laggy, but mainly for the people in UK. I'm merely trying to think of any possible issue that would cause this.

mir3kr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2009
Same here. I live on the East Coast of the US and work for one of the major telecommunication companies as a Senior Network Engineer and I have a few questions.

(1) Does anyone know how up-to-date the ISPs in the UK are?
(2) Are the pathways fiber or copper (coax) from the ISPs to the customers (you guys)?
(3) Has anyone pinged or traced the path to their ISP and then to another IP somewhere else in the world or even different point along the path?

From experience with Mir (dating back to May 2000) it has always been a bit laggy, but mainly for the people in UK. I'm merely trying to think of any possible issue that would cause this.

I live on the East Coast as well, and I lag like hell, worse than UK players...