Suggestion GM Toolbox-Map Editor v5.2.0

sddzrxh

LOMCN Member
Mar 2, 2024
The most powerful legendary map editor in the world, no one is more powerful than him. Unfortunately, it comes with a fee. People who have the ability can use it to delete updates and delete verifications. After deletion, I hope to come back and share it for everyone to use. He wrote the 64-bit protection himself.

In China, you can use WeChat to scan the code to try it out, but I couldn't try it again. It seems that the machine code is detected and the new trial qualification is obtained in time, and the computer cannot be used.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i53kuljsgebo20x/GM_Toolbox-Map_Editor_v5.2.0.rar/file[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Reactions: mir2pion and Martyn

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Was in this post.

Sometimes you can repeat trial period if you set PC clock back, I think running in virtual machine might allow repeated trial use when the VM is reset to the original saved state.
I recall there is some 'kiosk windows' installation for use in public which after use or on demand or every day gets reset back to the original pristine condition. I think it was a program running in widows that did the resetting.

I had my Chinese buddy @elementmicro look into the buying or licensing conditions (it is somewhat confusing in google translation) and he confirmed it is way too restrictive.
element micro
He does not have a permanent card, only an annual card, a half-year card, a season card, a monthly card, and a weekly card. They are 599.00, 499.00, 399.00, 299.00, 199.00. But I don't think it makes a lot of sense, I remember when I was working on Legend 3 a few years ago, there was a map editor, and I looked it up
Yes, I think he locked the machine just to make money continuously, and I think someone should be able to crack it and remove its machine code binding restrictions

Another program from gmgjx, the resource editor, is 'free' but some of its features are locked and you can unlock them by mentioning (or reviewing) his GMGJX site on Chinese QQ groups and emailing him proof of it... luckily you can get by without unlocking those features since they seem to be bulk operations from the program's context menu which can be done in other ways.

But the map editor even if you paid for it, doesn't have English translation and the subscription model just kills it. It might only be worthwhile if you can read Chinese and if you are active in making maps for putting up a server that you expect to make loads of money from it.

I hope to come back and share it for everyone to use.
Lets hope (y)

Upvote 0

sddzrxh

LOMCN Member
Mar 2, 2024
I'm from China. I also found someone to crack it, but it was too expensive. It cost 800 US dollars.
Post automatically merged:

We’ve seen this tool before, I’ve tried to decompile it with no luck. Maybe someone else could give it a go
I am going to localize the next set of MIR2 source code, and then complete the items according to the Chinese database. I see that your item database only has more than 1,000, while ours has more than 3,000. But I found that your recent source code generated an error...

Upvote 0

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
found someone to crack it, but it was too expensive. It cost 800 US dollars

You would need to trust that someone.

Probably might be worth it trying some English crackers who have cracking in their job description (those groups that supply the various websites with cracked programs). Program like this editor is too specialized to attract their attention, would need to interest them by paying something, no idea if they would be cheaper.
For example, that csv program I uploaded above is the only one cracked in csv program category since it is not very popular with mass use out there. Crackers usually work on programs that have large user base demand.

Mind you I don't have an idea if a Chinese cracker has better chance to do the job or if when it comes to cracking it doesn't matter that you don't know Chinese.

I suppose there are two cracking ways, one is to remove restrictions (that's what those cracking groups I mention above do), the other is to recover source code (I guess that's a different cracking league). For us here, the second option is really the only option. From watching several tutorial video from gmgjx, he does not strike me as exactly user friendly presenter and very likely also a programmer. That editor probably has a steep learning curve (the editor GUI looks knocked together just so it works), likely not user friendly or intuitive, which again limits the editor usability for us, even if the trial limitation was removed.

Did you try launching in Sandboxie?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOnlyOne and Jev
Upvote 0

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I know two features of this editor that would be nice to have and both could be coded into our editor - the markup of flat map image to make character appear behind it and the freehand, lasso like tile selection. Don't know if there are other features worthwhile having since it is a pain to watch the demo videos.

That feature of making chars appear behind some map image parts actually should be simpler to code (while also being more on the wish list of many pple) than the lasso style selection, at least if you weren't too picky and made it to work on whole tiles, not parts of them. You wouldn't need to code those detail 'waypoints', markups around the object, which is likely the only coding challenge of this feature. Marking up whole tiles would result in imprecise object contours but most times this shouldn't be a problem.

The other feature, the lasso like area selection would be handy for those diagonally running walls in your typical dungeon which (given the current rectangular selection mode) cannot be selected in appreciable length without including tons of other map elements. But you can always put that selection on an empty map area and delete what you don't want to include, it just slows you down. Its not like the lasso selection would enable you to do something new, just make you more efficient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0