wireless Mouse and Keyboard
Microsoft Windows XP Profession install disk
Firewire
USB2
Free Posting and packaging

£959
inc VAT:
£1126.82

thats somewhere close to $2100 USD which is a horrible price for what ur getting. Where r u buying this stuff? Are you confortable enough to build your own pc and d u have any experience?

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
urbanfox said:
thats somewhere close to $2100 USD which is a horrible price for what ur getting. Where r u buying this stuff? Are you confortable enough to build your own pc and d u have any experience?

all my pcs are home made lol, its not that im buying it, btw, for a pc with lower specs than that to buy from say PC world, is £1,599excluding VAT, but things are always more expensive in the UK than over in the US

For example
3400+ AMD ATHLON XP PROCESSOR
512 MB DDR RAM
240 GB HARD DRIVE
DVD REWRITER DRIVE
256MB GEFORCE FX5700 GRAPHICS
BUILT IN TV CARD
802.11G WIRELESS CAPABILITY
WINDOWS XP HOME,
1 YEAR FREE ONSITE WARRANTY

= £1,399

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
ssj4songohan said:
all my pcs are home made lol, its not that im buying it, btw, for a pc with lower specs than that to buy from say PC world, is £1,599excluding VAT, but things are always more expensive in the UK than over in the US

For example
3400+ AMD ATHLON XP PROCESSOR
512 MB DDR RAM
240 GB HARD DRIVE
DVD REWRITER DRIVE
256MB GEFORCE FX5700 GRAPHICS
BUILT IN TV CARD
802.11G WIRELESS CAPABILITY
WINDOWS XP HOME,
1 YEAR FREE ONSITE WARRANTY

= £1,399

i know a guy in Uk ill talk to him and get back to u

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
how does this sound?

AMD A64 3200+
MSI K8T NEO FIS2R motherboard
1GB of Corsair 2-2-2-5 Ram
8x DVD writer
floppy
ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
Creative 5.1 speaker system
160GB SATA HDD
Chieftec case w/ 360w power supply
Samsung 19" monitor

910 pounds (not inlcuding vat)

20 pounds (including vat) for 3-4 day shipping

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
urbanfox said:

I may be wrong but last time i checked, wasnt it roughly £1 = $3/4 ?
so if its $2100 it would be roughly £1500

again i say roughly i havent checked this in a while i just thought your estimation sounds a little high.

im probs wrong but hey.

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
urbanfox said:
how does this sound?

AMD A64 3200+
MSI K8T NEO FIS2R motherboard
1GB of Corsair 2-2-2-5 Ram
8x DVD writer
floppy
ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
Creative 5.1 speaker system
160GB SATA HDD
Chieftec case w/ 360w power supply
Samsung 19" monitor

910 pounds (not inlcuding vat)

20 pounds (including vat) for 3-4 day shipping

firstly, my specs i stated are for a family pc lol, that seems to be more into the range of music and video editing, but not much use for gaming or most family use, for starters how good is a 5.1 surround sound with out a 5.1 surround sound card?
plus what does power have to do with it? mine uses a
500W P3/P4/AMD quiet PSU with PFC ,
aswell as coming with things that are often helpful with pcs such as a mouse keyboard an OS,
it uses MSI KT6 Delta-FISR DDR400 KT600 Gbit Lan+USB2+SATA150+6CH Sound+ Firewire Motherboard.

i dont want to controdict what you said, it was wuite helpful, just dont forget to add things in that would be helpful to running a pc

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
NewBlood said:
I may be wrong but last time i checked, wasnt it roughly £1 = $3/4 ?
so if its $2100 it would be roughly £1500

again i say roughly i havent checked this in a while i just thought your estimation sounds a little high.

im probs wrong but hey.

$2,094.8105

that is... unless you want to argue with the current exchange rate?

firstly, my specs i stated are for a family pc lol, that seems to be more into the range of music and video editing, but not much use for gaming or most family use, for starters how good is a 5.1 surround sound with out a 5.1 surround sound card?

aswell as coming with things that are often helpful with pcs such as a mouse keyboard an OS,
it uses MSI KT6 Delta-FISR DDR400 KT600 Gbit Lan+USB2+SATA150+6CH Sound+ Firewire Motherboard.

i dont want to controdict what you said, it was wuite helpful, just dont forget to add things in that would be helpful to running a pc

lol, that system i showed u will destroy the system u showed me in ANYTHING, not to mention it is way better at gaming...

i wouldnt know, becus the motherboard has onboard RealTek ALC655 6 channel sound.

i added the watts to give a more detailed summary, and just to let u know ive never even heard of a power supply company called pfc...

the motherboard i picked not only has better features than urs, but it completely owns it in performance not even adding the fact its a way better platform to start with... as for mouse and keyboard i didnt think i had to add those or do u want me to hold ur hand with that too?

BOTTOM LINE

The system i showed u beats the living crap outa the system u showed me in: every area of performance i can think of gaming whatever. I don't mean to be rude... but this is my area of expertise and ud be wise not to question it considering you think an ahtlon xp system can even compete with an a64 system of way better components...

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
urbanfox said:
BOTTOM LINE

The system i showed u beats the living crap outa the system u showed me in: every area of performance i can think of gaming whatever. I don't mean to be rude... but this is my area of expertise and ud be wise not to question it considering you think an ahtlon xp system can even compete with an a64 system of way better components...

lol, u show him wot ur made of :P

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
ssj4songohan said:

Never doubt urbanfox's knowladge of the personal computer :P Go with him.

AlphaTrace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Newcastle'ish
ssj4songohan said:
is this a good or bad price for a pc with these specs:

256 ATI RADEON 9600 graphics card
1gb DDR400 SDRAM
160gb Hard drive space
AMD Athlon XP 3200 (400MHz side bus speed) Retail Barton core inc. fan
5.1 1800w Surroundsound speakers
5.1 sound card
Case fans
19" Hyundai CTR monitor
CD/DVD writer combo driver
wireless Mouse and Keyboard
Microsoft Windows XP Profession install disk
Firewire
USB2
Free Posting and packaging

£959
inc VAT:
£1126.82

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51144&item=5114690686&rd=1 = £500 and is very close to the spec you provided, aswell as being a lot damm cheaper. Speakers, and a nice lcd/crt won't add more than £300 to that price. Always remember to look on eBay... brand new systems are always cheaper on there than in *real* shops.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary

AlphaTrace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Newcastle'ish
Because its a waste of hard earned cash? Think about it urban, now I know as much as your egotistical patriotic mind is going to argue this to the bitter bone... but a 32bit CPU is better value for money than a A64 because there isn't a signifficant 64bit applciation base as of yet. WHEN such a base becomes a reality, then he can upgrade to the best model of the future time, which will be faster than current models... therefore spending less in the long term. Doesn't take a genius to figure out really does it.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
AlphaTrace said:
Because its a waste of hard earned cash? Think about it urban, now I know as much as your egotistical patriotic mind is going to argue this to the bitter bone... but a 32bit CPU is better value for money than a A64 because there isn't a signifficant 64bit applciation base as of yet. WHEN such a base becomes a reality, then he can upgrade to the best model of the future time, which will be faster than current models... therefore spending less in the long term. Doesn't take a genius to figure out really does it.

Let me tell you something firstoff, u ever make fun of my country on this particular part of the forum and i will make sure u no longer see it. I don't go around bs'in g about u so don't do the same to me.

Next, let me give u a little insight... i have both the axp and a64 platform and i know the differences, and the a64 destroys the axp platform in any 32bit application.

For example:

axp mobile @ 3200+ speeds+ati x800pro
vs
a64 3200+ stock + x800pro

the axp got roughly 18.5k in 3dmark2001
the a64 got roughly 23.5k in 3dmark2001

thats just a sample.

I would advise you not to try to tell me about performance issues between the axp and a64 because unliuke you i can back up all my claims with benchmarks.

Doesn't take a genius to see your wrong.

EDIT

I don't know anyone who bought a A64 because of 64bit applications (including me), but instead because of it's performance in the 32bit world.

Last edited:

AlphaTrace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Newcastle'ish
How come you always manage to fall into the same argument, even though it hasn't been mentioned. Your like those kids that go around the NeoWin forums enforcing what they think on everyone else. 'Well WIN2K3 isnt a workstation therefore YOU SHALL NOT USE IT AS ONE' - fools.

a) I didn't mention your country once, so dont go around telling me what to do... or do you believe that being a single forum moderator gives you powers to restrict free speech now? Wouldn't be the first time now would it :). If you believe I'm out of step, then feel free to report me to a more senior member of staff.

b) Did I mention performance once... NO. Unlike you I don't believe the world revolves around how many calculations a cpu can do per second, but rather how many it can do per 'buck' it cost. I have no doubt the A64 is better for memory intensive apps like games due to the intergrated memory controller, but that wasn't the... wait for it..... topic.

c) I gave the person who asked if the spec he supplied was a good price a link, which he could of followed to systems containing A64 CPU's IF he wanted too and didn't mind the tiny but not insignifficant price difference. In no way did I give him hints about performance, just COST. Even the postee gave no indication about performance woes in the quoted post, just COST. Are you getting the point yet, I know you dont but I thought id ask anyway.

STOP TARGETTING ME, for whatever reason you are doing it. Such abuse is in violation of the global forum rules, you do know that right?

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
AlphaTrace said:
How come you always manage to fall into the same argument, even though it hasn't been mentioned. Your like those kids that go around the NeoWin forums enforcing what they think on everyone else. 'Well WIN2K3 isnt a workstation therefore YOU SHALL NOT USE IT AS ONE' - fools.

a) I didn't mention your country once, so dont go around telling me what to do... or do you believe that being a single forum moderator gives you powers to restrict free speech now? Wouldn't be the first time now would it :). If you believe I'm out of step, then feel free to report me to a more senior member of staff.

b) Did I mention performance once... NO. Unlike you I don't believe the world revolves around how many calculations a cpu can do per second, but rather how many it can do per 'buck' it cost. I have no doubt the A64 is better for memory intensive apps like games due to the intergrated memory controller, but that wasn't the... wait for it..... topic.

c) I gave the person who asked if the spec he supplied was a good price a link, which he could of followed to systems containing A64 CPU's IF he wanted too and didn't mind the tiny but not insignifficant price difference. In no way did I give him hints about performance, just COST. Even the postee gave no indication about performance woes in the quoted post, just COST. Are you getting the point yet, I know you dont but I thought id ask anyway.

STOP TARGETTING ME, for whatever reason you are doing it. Such abuse is in violation of the global forum rules, you do know that right?

and i quote
your egotistical patriotic mind
in case u didnt know "patriotic" is inspired by patriotism which is
love for or devotion to one's country
so u did mention my country with that word, might want to get ur facts straight. And i only restrict free speach to those who abuse it.

I believe he said his budget was 1000 pounds, if and u say ur link was about cost why not recommend a axp 2100+? believe he wants performance too. And im not just talking about games, im talking about EVERYTHING the a64 owns the AXP period and i don't care if you believe me or not. If you doubt i can give anyone that wants them benchmarks fo anything they want.

I believe your link was to ebay... not exacty the greatest place to buy a new pc...

And im not targeting you regardless of whatever you think i am doing, and if you feel your being unfairly, then please go ahead and report this thread to anyone you wish.

EDIT

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about enforcing what i think on everyone else unless you mean my stating of fact that the A64 makes cake out of the axp, and if you want proof i will gladly provide.

Last edited:

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
ok ok guys chill i asked a question about pricing i didnt want an all out sl agging match, urban the pc you stated for £910 its specs are good but its motherboard sucks, i would have choses a Asus motherboard myself, but if you gimmie a bit of time i an match and beat the specs you posted before for a reasonable price, thanks for the help, and stop spamming both of you's :)

and urban who said i had a budget? O_o