GranTurismo 5

Join Discord

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Haven't played it in a while, but will be downloading the update!

WIll have to drag myself away from Fifa / Orcs Must Die! first though ><

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Got it on release day, played it and then not played it since.

Although I loved it when I did play it, just didn't seem to make me want to play it?

I do get bored of playing games easily though, only FIFA really gets a lot of play from me.

Was really enjoying Infamous untill FIFA came out!

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Woohoo, finally the update I have been waiting for. :P

Yeah iJam it was silly without a save race option, atleast GT4 you could have a B-Spec driver do a 24 hour race in 8 hours. Mind you, my mate burned out his 4th PS3 doing a B-Spec endurance race. He's got his 5th one now lol.

But this update looks good :)

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
sucks ;p

Woohoo, finally the update I have been waiting for. :P

Yeah iJam it was silly without a save race option, atleast GT4 you could have a B-Spec driver do a 24 hour race in 8 hours. Mind you, my mate burned out his 4th PS3 doing a B-Spec endurance race. He's got his 5th one now lol.

But this update looks good :)

Yeah i don't like leaving ps3 on for so long my old one burnt out
yellow light >< fixed it but then few days later died on me again

Got it on release day, played it and then not played it since.

Although I loved it when I did play it, just didn't seem to make me want to play it?

I do get bored of playing games easily though, only FIFA really gets a lot of play from me.

Was really enjoying Infamous untill FIFA came out!

yeah was amazing when it first got released but i only play
online now mainly for drifting lol

Last edited:

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Yeah i don't like leaving ps3 on for so long my old one burnt out
yellow light >< fixed it but then few days later died on me again

Thankfully am still on my first PS3, only got it around March of this year but it was pre-owned aswell. I can't play B-Spec mode either, I figure it would just speed up the death of my console without me actually playing the game.

On another note, Sesonal Events have changed and theres a special to celebrate Vettel's World Championship victory. It's pretty simple to beat the time and you win 5,500,000 credits... For 1 lap... I could be wrong but thats good right? Took me about 10 attempts to set a 1:19:??? and the target for gold is 1:25:00.

Also if you wait 5 days logging in to GT5 each day you could earn 11,000,000 credits from that lap.

Thank you Polyphony Digital, GT5 is now the game it should be. :D

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
When I have the money I may purchase that DLC. Some new cars would be fun to mess around with.

Little hint : Everyone has a "Gift" waiting for them in the community section of GT 5. A car to celebrate S. Vettels World Championship victory.

I only found out the car was there after a mate pointed it out, I had been doing B-Spec races to get level 35 and win the car that way. (I know I said I would never do B-Spec but I gave it a go and well am close to 35 B-Spec now and having two of the best cars in the game.) :P

I gotta say tho, the in car view for the standard cars is utter ballocks. Most cars just have a shadowed outline and thats it, no attempt at detail at all. In car view just makes you look through a letter box in some racers and just can't be used.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Inside my Mk2 Golf GTI (Forza)

tLtEI.jpg

Just sayin' :P

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Tai, take your heavy-breathing console outta here... This is for GT 5 which correct me if am wrong is for PS3 only. As an Admin you have some wildly off-topic posts sometimes...

...lol am taking the piss, the inside of the GTI looks good. But in GT 5 with 1000+ cars over 200 of them are premium and therefore have awesome in-car views its just the standard cars have crap in-car views.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/forza-4-vs-gran-turismo-5/722164[/video]

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/forza-4-vs-gran-turismo-5/722164[/video]

Seeing them side by side was a bad thing for Forza and the power (or lack of) of the 360. GT 5's tracks, scenery, stadiums and even the safety barriers and sand traps looked better in GT. Forza seems more "childish" with its bright, bold colours of the rumble strips and barriers.

Once again I don't regret getting a PS3 after ma 360 died. :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think Forza looks better there lol. And in complete disagreement with you on the safety barriers and stuff, funny. Really though with a BD there's no excuse for their lacking content

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
I think Forza looks better there lol. And in complete disagreement with you on the safety barriers and stuff, funny. Really though with a BD there's no excuse for their lacking content

The saftey barriers look more weathered and show signs of maybe an impact here and there in GT 5 but Forzas look brand new... Maybe even too new.

I dunno, we all see things differently. Look up Horizon - Do you see what I see? It's well intresting.