Graphic Request - Paid

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
Hey all, was wondering if anybody would be able to produce a professional looking logo for a website I am developing at the moment. I am offering payment (negotiable) if I decide to use the logo.

Do's

The logo must include the words "mir-mart" in any style the artist likes. I prefer vector style graphics, however all styles work will be considered as long as they are original. Bright and colourful is best, nothing too dark or sinister. Image size limit is not really an issue at the moment, however it must be re-sizeable without any loss of detail or shape.

Don'ts

For the love of god please dont offer existing mir artwork with filters applied, if anything I would prefer not to have mir art implemented into the logo.

Example

http://www.dbki.de/gallery/other/shinyigl.jpg

In this logo, I like the font style and the way it is merged into the background image. The angle of the text and its 3-dimensional apperance are also eye-candy in my opinion, however it is really un-colourful and in case you need telling, I do not want a cogwheel in the logo lol :)

- Nick

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
thanks for the reply, sorry i missed you on msn, college all day.

good work, they are really nice and you are on the right track.

im sorry if i mislead you, but i dont want actual 3d objects in the image. i want a 3d appearance, like raised text or a loop going around the text from front to back etc. i also want a more simplistic colour scheme, the eBay logo is a good example.

the logo is to appear on the top of this image on the 'enter' page of my website. kind of like a splash screen. hope this helps you get a better idea of what style im looking for.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8159/main2wh.jpg

Kadαj

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 16, 2005
Long Island, NY.
ahh thanks for the elaboration, will get back on it. Blown off my copy of truespace hard graft begins now.

Last edited:

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
disapointed in the lack of interest in this lol if i had posted "sig request please" would i have gotten more responses? don't be intimidated because i am offering cash, its merely an incentive.

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
Had a lil go but i diddnt realy put alot of effort into it. (no affence i just couldnt be assed)

Attachments

• logo.PNG
    logo.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 122

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
anygoodmirmart5xa.png

Give me a propper colour scheme to go buy too plz.

happy to make ammends + its free

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
Take a look at the LOMCN logo in the top left corner. Simple font, and I like the faded image behind it. Nothing over the top, and the colour scheme compliments the style of the forums.

I know alot of you are handy with photoshop etc and I really didnt think it would be much of a challenge lol maybe my specification was shat? Anyway, something similar to the LOMCN logo (similar size as well), only brighter colours that go well together. A think light reds/pink would be good for the background image, however am not specifying a colour scheme as thats up to the artist. Just make sure the background is white as it will be applied to a white background.

Please put your copies of trueSpace away lol I don't want a 3d logo! I did specify a "3-dimensional appearance", but not actual 3-d objects. I think the term is perspective imagery?

Last edited:

Version 1.3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2005
hows this?

mirmart3hv.gif

or the second attemp, this one i like ...

mirmart24hc.gif

or the third this one has just got a little thing edited, dunno if u can notice it lol
mart32nr.gif

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
I have an idea for a 2D image. Strictly 2D. I won't have time to do it until the weekend though. Let me know if you're interested.

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
I like the style 1.3 but the font looks very MS Word Art. Im interested Grim, what did you have in mind?

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
Much better! I like the second one, however the 2 coloured things kinda dominate the image. Could you make the text larger or the things smaller? also, experiment with different font colours, textured fills etc(not gradiants, unless its from start to finish rather than in each letter) as the second one looks a little bit pixelated.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Mmm.. bevel-tastic.

Nick, I will PM you with a brief description later when I'm not at work.

NickDawes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2004
yay @ getting somewhere lol

i especially like Stonehelm's, the colours are exactly what i was looking for. could you possible do something with the text? maybe have it so there is a black outline rather than filled in black?

also, 1.3 the second 1 looks very nice, but could you brighten it up abit?

thanks to every1, payment as promised when i see one i really want lol

(p.s. sorry if i threw you all off with the 3d examples, i do want a simple 2d logo. also, did nobody notice that 3d image was based on mir? hes runnin away from black maggots, i thought it would at least get mentioned lol)