Graphics card

smoochy boys on tour

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Basicly as i got my bros desktop i decided to start upgrading it abit as i got abit extra money, so i'm going to buy a
Sapphire
Radeon HD3650
512MB AGP Graphics Card

as its got a AGP slot is this a alright card for playing games such as WAR? as i can't find any half decent games out so might aswel re subscribe to this :)

its around 80quid but im also going to buy another 2gb ram wharlst i'm at it.

do u think i should be able to play WAR no problem?
-Dan

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
Should be , i don't think it would be great on high graphics though i have an 3470 that cant even play cod4, so it might be able to handle that, i generally prefer nvidia though

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
i have to agree with hell, nvidia is my prefferred option, i have a 8500gt and it doesnt like high graphics, not sure what that card equivalent to a nividia is though.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Well i went to PC world and they didn't have any =( so at the moment im checking e-bay/ebuyer for one no luck so far basicly i've got upto 150GBP to spend on a decent agp card
-Dan

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Well i went to PC world and they didn't have any =( so at the moment im checking e-bay/ebuyer for one no luck so far basicly i've got upto 150GBP to spend on a decent agp card
-Dan

that could easily get you a 9800 gtx i think there about 140 around my area, 150 might even get you the ultra version of it.

Tomz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2005
-Dan

if ur mobo can only support AGP i would think bout getting a new mobo first that does pci-e and getting a pci-e card :) As silent said the 9800 gtx or ultra would work wonders :)

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Yeh, thats what i was thinking, but at the moment i don't have enough money to make my own computer :p so my plan is to first get this agp card then buy a new mother board that has a AGP & PCI-E x16 slot or maybe two of them and start building it up from there ;P
-Dan

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Yeh, thats what i was thinking, but at the moment i don't have enough money to make my own computer :p so my plan is to first get this agp card then buy a new mother board that has a AGP & PCI-E x16 slot or maybe two of them and start building it up from there ;P
-Dan

waste of money, no none pci express card would be worth it, if i was you i would save up for a new board and decent high end card, not forgetting about the cpu, im guessing seen as you dont have a board with pci-e that you dont have a board caable of running a dual core either...buying a cheap card is pointless imo, i would definitely save up, i have personally gone down the cheap road and it was a complete mistake, i wish i had spent an extra 60 pounds and got a 9800 gtx myself.

mapadale

waste of money, no none pci express card would be worth it, if i was you i would save up for a new board and decent high end card, not forgetting about the cpu, im guessing seen as you dont have a board with pci-e that you dont have a board caable of running a dual core either...buying a cheap card is pointless imo, i would definitely save up, i have personally gone down the cheap road and it was a complete mistake, i wish i had spent an extra 60 pounds and got a 9800 gtx myself.
Actually using a micro atx board with AGP still has the capabillity of using a dual core chip and above - Just because a machine doesn't have a PCI-E slot doesn't mean its not capable of running other hardware.

For £150 you can buy a SLI Board with PCI-e, though the onboard should have decent onboard grapix. As most SLI are nvidia and 2gb memory, then all you will need to do is save up for a g/card.

Last edited:

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Actually using a micro atx board with AGP still has the capabillity of using a dual core chip and above - Just because a machine doesn't have a PCI-E slot doesn't mean its not capable of running other hardware.

For £150 you can buy a SLI Board with PCI-e, though the onboard should have decent onboard grapix. As most SLI are nvidia and 2gb memory, then all you will need to do is save up for a g/card.

I stand corrected then, as far as im aware i thought only the 967 socket and above was capable of supporting dual core..amd not intel.