Hacked ¬_¬

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Well today my mates Euro chara as been hacked which i had access's to and who ever done it had gone on my msn trying to get his pass. Ive scanned my comp and cleared it (i think) but is their anything that would be good using scanned with spy bot, adware se and m$ going to use AVG in a mo.

I reckon its one of the links Demonio posted as ive not gone any dodgy sites nor accepted anything someone as sent me.

Ne help ta?

Id formatt but my mouse and keyboard are cordless and wouldnt work if i did so i wouldnt be able to re-install windows :/.

ElectricQueen

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
>DMX< said:
Well today my mates Euro chara as been hacked which i had access's to and who ever done it had gone on my msn trying to get his pass. Ive scanned my comp and cleared it (i think) but is their anything that would be good using scanned with spy bot, adware se and m$ going to use AVG in a mo.

I reckon its one of the links Demonio posted as ive not gone any dodgy sites nor accepted anything someone as sent me.

Ne help ta?

Id formatt but my mouse and keyboard are cordless and wouldnt work if i did so i wouldnt be able to re-install windows :/.

m8 u got microsoft anti spyware and/or a good spyware removal program cus u mite have keyloggers etc, then again u mite not even be the problem it mite b ur mate that has the keyloggers...

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
ElectricQueen said:
m8 u got microsoft anti spyware and/or a good spyware removal program cus u mite have keyloggers etc, then again u mite not even be the problem it mite b ur mate that has the keyloggers...

Yeh scanned it with that, but only i knew my msn but someone was on that trying to con people lol. Now my comp is being gay a going all slow -_-.

/Webby

ElectricQueen

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
>DMX< said:
Yeh scanned it with that, but only i knew my msn but someone was on that trying to con people lol. Now my comp is being gay a going all slow -_-.

/Webby

if its goin slow u ether got lot of processes open (programs, kazza n other stuff)
or u got virus's u got a gd virus scanner?, just an idea buy mayb u should try reinstalling windows? fresh start

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
ElectricQueen said:
if its goin slow u ether got lot of processes open (programs, kazza n other stuff)
or u got virus's u got a gd virus scanner?, just an idea buy mayb u should try reinstalling windows? fresh start

39 Processes and 768RAM so aint that, also im scanning with AVG now been going for 1hr lol, may be that. Just hope ive cleared this ****.

ElectricQueen

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
>DMX< said:
Im starting to think the same... :|

i think ther was a test or sumat wer they tested all the anti virus's cant member wer that post was.. ill av a look

EDIT: got it

Which Antivirus Program is the best?

Testbed consisted of 321 Viruses, Trojans and Worms, all for the Windows32 environment, and all reasonably new samples. I don't have any data on whether some of these are zoo, or ITW, but they are all real threats I feel someone is likely to encounter, since I got them off the internet (and i've verified they are real as each sample must be detected by at least 4 AV's for me to consider it). All scanners were installed on a clean system, without any traces of other anti-virus softwares - between each test the system and directories were cleaned, and the registry was sweeped. Each AV product was treated with a double-reboot, one before, and one after installation. Each scanner was set at its highest possible settings, and was triple checked for proper options and configuration. Most products were the full registered version when possible, others were fully functional unrestricted trials. All products were tested with the current version as of 6-14-04, and the latest definitions for that date. Each product was run through the test set a minimum of 3 times to establish proper settings and reliability, the only product to exhibit some variance on this was F-Secure, which had one scan come up less than the other two without any settings changes indicating a possible stability issue.

The final standings:

1) MKS-Vir
1a) eXtendia AVK
2) Kaspersky 5.0/4.5
2a) McAfee VirusScan 8.0
3) F-Secure
4) GData AVK
5) RAV + Norton (2 way tie)
6) Dr.Web
7) CommandAV + F-Prot + BitDefender (3 Way Tie)
8) ETrust
9) Trend
10) Panda
11) Avast! Pro
12) KingSoft
13) NOD32
14) AVG Pro
15) AntiVIR
16) ClamWIN
17) UNA
18) Norman
19) Solo
20) Proland
21) Sophos
22) Hauri
23) CAT Quickheal
24) Ikarus

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Panda FTW. their free online scanner is prety good, if you have a lot of compressed archives on your pc its an overnight jobbie im afraid

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
ElectricQueen said:
personally i dont like AVG, its been known not to pick up all the virus's about
Actually, it's known to pick up files as viruses wich are totally harmless. AVG/Panda, the best IMO.

When were those tests made (about the antivirus software?).

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
RightGuard said:
what server and who was ur m8s char? :O

/Jicaa

Dragon Server and ill keep name's quiet ;). Had to go out and buy a keyboard and mouse just so i could formatt bleh, sorted now ne ways.

RightGuard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2005
>DMX< said:
Dragon Server and ill keep name's quiet ;). Had to go out and buy a keyboard and mouse just so i could formatt bleh, sorted now ne ways.

gj on fixing the problem :P, i play Dragon atm =X

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
RightGuard said:
gj on fixing the problem :P, i play Dragon atm =X

Lol hopefully when i get some cash together and can start to rebuild my kit ill be back, just got too sort some stuff out :(. Hopefully my scum guild mafia will help :D.

~Mitzcee~

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
With Mitzcee
>DMX< said:

Ne help ta?

LoL Things Only Get better :punch:

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
~Mitzcee~ said:
LoL Things Only Get better :punch:

Thing is your the silly mofo who took dura 2 titans and left the decent stuff lol you idiot. Only decent thing you got was recall set which will be easilly replaced ;).