Happy Father's Day

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I know it may seem a little weird that this is being posted in the Mental Health section but I think it's important for the people who have lost their dad/father figure in life.
Personally, I am very lucky to have my dad still here but I know the same sadly can't be said for everyone.
Today can be very hard for many people, not just with loss. Be kind. You don't know what someone could be battling through.

"I have invisible scars from my battles, battles with my own head, and wars that no one can see.
For whatever battle you may be facing, Please don't face it alone." John Langridge (Jev)​

"Everything I do in my life I do to make my mom and dad proud.
I want to carry on in my dad’s footsteps and make sure that his legacy lives on forever." Bindi Irwin

What's your most treasured memory of your dad/father figure?​

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
I lost my dad at the age of 7. Then my step dad at 15, by 20 both granddads. Fathers days never been a good day until today. This morning i woke up to a brew and breakfast in bed and a massive card and cuddles from the missies and her kid. Its the first time ive been able to enjoy this day in a long long time.

My favourite memory's
Dad-Going to his garage with him and him letting me "help" fix cars
Stepdad-Watching him play tomb raider on the ps1 back in the day its what started my gaming addiction
Grandad1-Taking him to his last football game
Grandad2-Tought me a lot about woodworking and joinery wouldn't have the skills i have now without him

Reactions: Tai

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Happy Fathers Day, gents.

My fondest memories with my Dad was when he gifted me my first PC in circa 2003 and introduced/taught me to play Euro Mir at the ripe old age of 11/12 :ROFLMAO:.

Later introduced to WoW during the vanilla days. Oh, and then getting my ass handed to me EVERY GOD DAMN TIME on Colin McRae Rally on PS1.