Hearthstone Beta

smoochy boys on tour

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Anyone played this? It's an amazing game from Blizzard... very addictive. Currently near impossible to get a beta key for atm lol.

Would recommend watching a stream of it and taking a look.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Anyone played this? It's an amazing game from Blizzard... very addictive. Currently near impossible to get a beta key for atm lol.

Would recommend watching a stream of it and taking a look.
I agree its awesome!! I got my beta invite 2 days ago :) (its kinda too bad it came when WoW patch 5.4 came out, busy busy in WoW no time for heartstone)

DeadSouls

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2008
I agree its awesome!! I got my beta invite 2 days ago :) (its kinda too bad it came when WoW patch 5.4 came out, busy busy in WoW no time for heartstone)

A wasted beta key, this is a trend thats getting on my nerves slightly. Been trying for ages to get one, with no success -__-

I'm green with jealously right now, you need to play it dude WoW can wait.

DeadSouls

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2008
I used to watch a lot of Kripps streams, but i got really sick of those fanboys in the background. He's abit of a dick at times but as a gamer he's one of the best.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
A wasted beta key, this is a trend thats getting on my nerves slightly. Been trying for ages to get one, with no success -__-

I'm green with jealously right now, you need to play it dude WoW can wait.
lol you mean heartstone can wait right?! WoW 5.4 is out and i need to get ready for the new arena season, heartstone beta can wait, i've played it abit because i wanted to see how it is, but its a bad idea to give players an invitation in the exact day of the patch tbh, and btw i've been a subscriber for wow 8 years now and i had the anual pass, people like me deserve the beta invitation because we are loyal members, im jealous at people that get invitations and they havent been an subscriber or have buyed any of the blizzard games but they could get a beta invitation because they make a free account on battle.net

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Seriously? This game looks so pathetic.
It's like collecting Pokemon cards and playing with your friends.
I think i'd get more satisfaction from collecting real pokemon cards and playing with my friends irl tbh

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I got to agree with "TDID".. What is so fascinating about this game?? It just looks like a pure based card game.

Card games in real life wasn't all that popular for long.. What makes this any different?? (Besides done on a computer).

Just my opinion. I defiantly ain't gonna be on this any time soon. (Most likely never). I dare even played "LOL" Because how much restrictions and what is was based like. But I'm giving that ago and that's how far i'll go in gaming.

One question though... Will you be able to donate one of the best cards on this game?? If not and there ultra rare.. Then guess it could go far then other cards where you could go to the market and buy the rares.

-Ash

DeadSouls

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2008
lol you mean heartstone can wait right?! WoW 5.4 is out and i need to get ready for the new arena season, heartstone beta can wait, i've played it abit because i wanted to see how it is, but its a bad idea to give players an invitation in the exact day of the patch tbh, and btw i've been a subscriber for wow 8 years now and i had the anual pass, people like me deserve the beta invitation because we are loyal members, im jealous at people that get invitations and they havent been an subscriber or have buyed any of the blizzard games but they could get a beta invitation because they make a free account on battle.net

Ye I hate that also. I've played WoW for about 4/5 years, so I dont feel i should be first in line. I think this game looks very fun and im dieing to play it, trying a few competitions atm so fingers crossed.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Seriously? This game looks so pathetic.
It's like collecting Pokemon cards and playing with your friends.
I think i'd get more satisfaction from collecting real pokemon cards and playing with my friends irl tbh
Well thats your opinion mate, the game is really awesome tbh, i never liked TCG, and tbh i would never play irl because i think its borring, but when i've got my beta invitation and started playing i really liked this game, i've tried some other TCG and i find them really pathethic and borring

I got to agree with "TDID".. What is so fascinating about this game?? It just looks like a pure based card game.

Card games in real life wasn't all that popular for long.. What makes this any different?? (Besides done on a computer).

Just my opinion. I defiantly ain't gonna be on this any time soon. (Most likely never). I dare even played "LOL" Because how much restrictions and what is was based like. But I'm giving that ago and that's how far i'll go in gaming.

One question though... Will you be able to donate one of the best cards on this game?? If not and there ultra rare.. Then guess it could go far then other cards where you could go to the market and buy the rares.

-Ash
Well what makes it soo damn good is because its a combination of wow + tgc and tbh its a blizzard game, which says it all.

Also you cant donate to get best cards in game, you can only buy packs (you can also obtain them by playing, so yes you can do good in this game for FREE), when you buy a pack you receive 5 cards, in that pack u can be lucky and get a rare elite card or just random cards, also you can disenchant the cards you dont like or purely you dont need or already have 2 of the same and with the ''dust'' you get from disenchanting you can craft any card in the game.

Now the arena system comes in, you dont need any card at all, you get 3 random heroes and 30 rounds of 3 random cards to choose for, you make your deck and then just play untill you loose 3 games and depending on how many wins you have you get 5 rewards at the end, dust for cards,gold and 1 pack of 5 cards is guaranteed. The only bad thing for the arena is that you need to pay 1,76 Euro or 150gold, i've buyed like 10 arena untill now and i've never used real money because i make gold from daily and from the reward from arena.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Got my key this week and been having a little play past few days, it's pretty good tbh, doesn't actually take that long to understand how everything works.
Vagrant what is the difference between casual and ranked reward wise?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Got my key this week and been having a little play past few days, it's pretty good tbh, doesn't actually take that long to understand how everything works.
Vagrant what is the difference between casual and ranked reward wise?

Nothing. 3 wins = 10gold still, just with ranked you get to go up in ranks for winning.

Arena is obviously the best value for your gold for getting cards. Don't ever buy packs with gold, just do arena runs.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
as long as you get 2 wins in arena you gain nearly your monies worth for doing arena, first ever try in arena i managed 6 wins, since then i have done badly lol :(

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Id rather play runescape and I hate that.
tbh why the **** would we care if you would rather play runescape ? is it a thread for dumb retards to post ''id rather play that'' ? if you dont like the game dont post about it, no one cares what you rather play than this

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
They're entitled to their opinions, whether you agree with it or not.

Frankly I think they're missing out on a great game, but then not everyone likes these types of games.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
They're entitled to their opinions, whether you agree with it or not.

Frankly I think they're missing out on a great game, but then not everyone likes these types of games.
well opinion is when you have something to say about the game, pro's /con's why is it bad, not a retarded reply....like he rather play something else

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Should at least give it a try before giving any sort of opinion. Tbh i was the same, i didn't expect myself to ever play a TCG but until you try something you don't know if you will like it or not.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I have given it a try.. and my opinion stand's.. and Vagrant your an idiot. so go crawl back into your corner..

Last edited: