[Help] Pc problems

Join Discord

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Hey,

Thanks for viewing my topic, Ok i have abit of a problem at work, were an I.T company and we have had a pc back for repair however before we go testing hardware i thought id post here to see if anyone has had a simular problem to this, Ok so here`s the problem...

The desktop pc is under a year old, the customer claims the pc has done this since new, the problem were having is when you press Shut down it shuts down then about 5 seconds later turns itself back on were pretty sure its nothing to do with the OS (windows xp home) as it has been freshly reinstalled, However i personaly thought it may have been down to bios settings but weve played around with those and still not had much luck, Could this be a faulty PSU or something causing this problem?

Thanks if you can help.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Yeh didnt actually open it up, we have spare parts to test bits and bobs, ran optimized bios settings with no effect played around with most bios settings related to power modes ect, Hopefully its something as easy as a loose power connection somewhere, it only came in at the end of the day so didnt get to do much with it.

Cheers for the reply though mate

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Do you mean the power button on the PC or the Turn off PC inside windows.

It may be as stupid as the case connectors to the motherboard for the power up and reset have been mixed up so the reset button is the power button and so forth.

I use the reset button on my pc as the main power button as my power button is broke lol.