How fast those UK cars?

Join Discord

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
When is he 19?

The model of Fiesta I have comes under groups 4-7.
Mine's group 5 I believe.
that aint to bad then he's 19 in november coming.

Job is taken into consideration, Doctor is one of the cheapest if i remember rightly?

Mines about 1400-1600 a year on my mums insurance for a 1.6i Astra, didnt see the point in struggling to pay the extra few hundred quid on my first cars insurance. Just going to wait until i graduate when i can afford my own insurance.

so why dont you get a smaller engine car which would be cheaper. and this mean's you cant go fast to get points on your liecence which you need to keep clean for atleast 2year's so you get a max of 12 point able on it. instead of 6.

/ancient

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Don't see how he can be coming up to 2 years no claims if he's gotta wait until November before he's 19.
Well me and my brother have owned motorbike's since we was both 16year's old. i stopped mine and renew when i was 18 almost 19. he's had his since 16 thats why.

/ancient

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Does the no claims from bikes have an effect on the insurance on cars then?
yes m8. lexham is a car + bike insurance they are good enough to transfer them over but they dont double up.

/ancient

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Some companies allow you to gain no claims on other people's insurance.
As long as you're a named driver.
They do, but AFAIK they only work with certain Insurers, so if you have 2 years NCB from this company for been a named driver, a different company may not allow you to use these, therefore tieing you down with the same company.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Its a well known worldwide fact that european cars are built better, handle better, are more economical and generally overall better cars than your typical american muscle car.

Yes the American cars are good in a straight line, until you run outta Gas or Petrol for normal people, even the far eastern countries pump out better cars than americans nowadays, take a look at the likes of the subaru's, nissan's, mitsubishi's even the kia's and im not just talking about your supercar style impreza skyline evo etc but just your bog standard car.

As for the dig at the british troops following the americans into iraq.....take a look at the statistics for yourself....British troops have no friendly fire killings where as you have the yanks doing things like this:

Code:
Three British soldiers were killed in southern Afghanistan on Thursday by “friendly fire” after an American F15E fighter plane dropped a 500-pound bomb on their position in the Helmand province at around 18:30 local time.
  Privates Aaron McClure, Robert Foster and John Thrumble were with the 1st Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment. Two of the fatalities were teenagers, on their first tour of duty in Afghanistan. Their deaths are the worst “friendly fire” incident involving British soldiers since 1991. Since 1990, “blue-on-blue” incidents involving US troops have resulted in the deaths of 12 British servicemen in Iraq.

I believe there have been more US Troop deaths as a result of friendly fire by the yanks then there have been killed by the iraq's. God help you if you get invaded by the Chinese or Koreans or even a small section of the british army, all you have to protect your country are soldiers that will kill themselves before killing the enemy :D