[HTML5] New Movement

smoochy boys on tour

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I ended up redoing the game im making in HTML5 to support mouse movement and also touch movement for touch screen devices. At the moment i have a walking movement use by mouse (Hold left click in to move to position). Anyways, been working on the animations more, to stop jutters n such.

Take a look

Click Here

Heres how some of its done.
movement.png

Last edited:

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
lol its almost ok :p the animation looks ok except: you can move in a direction and have the background sliding in a slightly different direction (basicaly move your mouse perfectly left to make it move left, then move a bit up or down, you'll notice the char stays moving left, but the background starts moving up/down aswell

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
lol its almost ok :p the animation looks ok except: you can move in a direction and have the background sliding in a slightly different direction (basicaly move your mouse perfectly left to make it move left, then move a bit up or down, you'll notice the char stays moving left, but the background starts moving up/down aswell

I'm aware that the player strifes, this is because of the compare within angle script im using (moves towards mouse) ... I'l try and get it to snap to grid. Once i got that sorted i can put in running animations.

The armour i ripped from the heroes client....its the football armours :)

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Soon my friend , just a case of coding in variables to check if its equipped , but not going to attempt inventory system until i get the animations :) lol

Anyways , i updated the FTP with Left and Right movement ... as in mir , left to walk and right to run. Press CTRL + R to completely refresh game to see updates

Also added a simple monster AI , the animations don't play yet as i plan on using a monster...

scripter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2012
Like the feel of better then Mir tbh sort of smoothly glides around rather than a chunky grid :D anyways gl with the project.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I might put in a setting to allow for both smooth annd mir like control. I want to keep it fairly simple tho due to touch devices lol

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
Maybe you should look into the new woool for hand held devices. Think its for android only, but its an official server for touch screen devices. Refer to woool section for post

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Something like that would require a better engine than im using atm , like Unity3D using 2D locked cameras.

The version im making will work on ANY platform that supports HTML5, so if i work out how to make the backend of the server to make it MMO , then i've beaten shanda ... which i highly doubt because it aint been 2 years down the line yet.

[h=2]Shanda Begins OB of Android MMO[/h]China.com, 7/05/12
Chinese online game developer and operator Shanda Games (Nasdaq: GAME), a subsidiary of Shanda Interactive, has begun open beta testing of the Android mobile version of its licensed MMORPG Woool of Paladin, which has been under development at Shanda Games' Zhuoyi game studio for two years. Shanda Games plans to soon launch several mobile gaming products, the majority of which are adapted from existing Shanda MMORPGs, along with more than 10 mobile games licensed from overseas developers.