I R Back :)

smoochy boys on tour

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
So after much messing about, finishing uni/settling in to new job, buying car etc etc the usual life stuff (annoying how real life gets in the way of the important things). Iv decided to return to Mir. So first off, Hi all! :)
In my return i've come to the conclusion my old dinosaur PC is no longer up to the task that it once was! Iv now retired it from active MIR service into a secondary, stress free, skype/facebook role.
That obviously left me with a problem, I needed a new PC to go with my nice upgraded internetz (see below). There was no point in going half arsed into it so this is what i went with;
System Specification

- Case: Xigmatek Alfar Case - Black
- Power Supply: Corsair GS 600w PSU
- CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.80GHz Overclocked to 4.40GHz Quad Core APU
- Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 (Socket FM2) DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
- RAM: Patriot Viper 3 "Red Venom" 8GB DDR3 PC3-15000C11 1866MHz boosted to 2133MHz Dual Channel
- Primary Hard Drive: Samsung 256GB SSD 840 PRO SATA 6Gb/s (Capacity: 256GB, Sequential Read: 540MB/s, Sequential Write: 520MB/s)
- Secondary Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache HDD (Upgrade Options Available)
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition Windforce 3X 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express (overclockable)
- Sound: Onboard 7.1 Audio
- Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive
- Wireless: Asus USB-N10 Micro USB Network Adapter Wireless-N 150Mbps

- Keyboard: TT eSports Challenger Pro (backlit)
- Mouse: Razer Naga Hex Expert Action (red edition)
(Pics)

I think iv pretty much exchanged Anne Widdecombe for Kate Upton but i must stress this isnt just for playing MIR as i think that would be a touch of overkill. Althought it is my main game, i do intend on purchasing things like skyrim/COD for pc etc seeing as how bill gates want £400+ for the next xbox!
All i need now is for someone to point me in the direction of either a good current server or an upcoming server, preferably Mir3 but im easy on either!
See you all ingame soon
-Jay

Last edited:

strapon

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
ITV 9.25am
phallus.jpg

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
dunno was drawn towards it lol
An APU is basically a CPU and GPU in one. Seeing as you have a dedicated GPU (and a high end one at that) - using an APU is completely useless, you would have got a lot better performance out of a CPU.

The more you know, I suppose.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
[video=youtube;LNYgZmNHv6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNYgZmNHv6U[/video]

Typical LOMCN. Even Craig comes out of the woodwork for this!

That's a whole lot of bling you've got going on there..

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Nice build fella, what the final cost if you don't mind me asking. (Liking the case.) wouldn't the H100I Fit in the top giving better cooling?

Me personaly would of gone Intel + Nvidia but everyone to there own.