Iceman & DNS

Merit

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 1, 2005
this thread is aimed at iceman or anyone else that can help...

Im trying to use a .gotdns.com for ip how is it done the ledu ip changer dont let me do it, i know it can be done cuz Iceman has it in his ledu exe...

any help please :)

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Merit said:
also why after changing the ip on the ledu.exe does it not open anymore =/
Because you had done something wrong, and AFAIK. the ledu exe doesnt read dns adresses, only IP's.

Upvote 0

Rhys2002

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2005
And wat u think i'm using, im using ledu 2.12 like most of you, and mine is running of dyndns address.

Ip changer wont work, you have to hex manually. but it does work.

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Rhys2002 said:
And wat u think i'm using, im using ledu 2.12 like most of you, and mine is running of dyndns address.

Ip changer wont work, you have to hex manually. but it does work.
Hmm, nice to know actually and i am really not a person you should get mad at, im not going to state any reasons though.

Upvote 0

Rhys2002

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2005
Whys that, your the one who stated ledu dont work with dyndns addy.

What is it if you dont like whats said, you'll use your mod powers and warn or ban me.

Mods are supposed to help the board not get on there high horse when they dont like whats said.

Upvote 0

Merit

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 1, 2005
lmao he upset cuz I KNOW it can be done, YOU KNOW it can be done, HE seems to think it couldnt and HE was wrong

Upvote 0

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
you have to hex the ledu client manuly then run it thouough MirConfig AFAIk.

havent tried it, but i think thats the way to do it.

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Rhys2002 said:
Whys that, your the one who stated ledu dont work with dyndns addy.

What is it if you dont like whats said, you'll use your mod powers and warn or ban me.

Mods are supposed to help the board not get on there high horse when they dont like whats said.
Actually, that is not the reason, the only reason i am quite mad at IceMan and you (not really sure if you are also part of it), and the reason for it is because Foundation is pretty much ruined, and the current GM's/staff doesnt to **** to make it stop.

Upvote 0

Rhys2002

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2005
I have nothing to do with the GM side, dont even play the game, so wat goes on in there is up to ICEMAN, I just try and keep the game online and sort some of the problems out.

Upvote 0