Interesting Firefox Problem

smoochy boys on tour

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Hi, I've fgot an interesting firefox problem, that has been plaguing me for a while, and I'm wondering if any of the other firefox users here ahve experienced it, and/or know a way to stop it happening.

Screenshot: http://aserv.ownage.org.uk/firefox.PNG

As you can see firefox aint redrawing its interface, or the content of the website correctly.

This only happens sometimes, and it would appear to only happen once the system is using more than 450mb of ram (I have 1024 so 400mb shouldn't really effect it, but it seemed to be the same threshold for 512mb ram)

Just wondering if anyone else ahs any experience of this problem

HolyCow

I've been using FireFox for a few months now and have never experienced that problem. Very bizzare.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
aye, its weird. It doesn't happen on my old-er laptop (128mb ram) and it has only happened on my new laptop (512mb ram) once (When i was doing some video encoding and using azureus to download some stuff from bittorrent at the same time (Azureus had been running for about 2-3hours))

but it happens on my main desktop frequently, and its very annoying. it starts off fine, then slowly the window has to be made smaller and smaller for it to redraw (it stop redrawing after a certain size depending on usage) eventually i have to start using it on my lower resolution monitor to make it useable (full screen 1024*768 as opposed to full screen 1280*1024 like i normally use it) then eventually it becomes so unusable that i'm forced to reboot to make the cycle start all over again.

So far the only thing i can determin is the ram usage being over 400mb :/

Whats also weird, is that MS Paint also starts to complain (it gives "Error getting clipboard data" if i try to take a screenshot, and if i zomm into a large image it gives an error and requires something to "wipe" over the screen for the zoom to be shown :/

I guess its mainly a windows problem at first, but firefox/thunderbird/mozilla are the only applications that refuse to redraw when it happens. Altho reinstalling windows didn't help at all.

The problem exists on SP1 and SP2 (Older Laptop/Desktop are SP1, newer laptop is SP2)