Internet d/c's

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
Hey, i got a prob where my internet d/c's like every 5 to 10 seconds, im not sure why i dont think its a virus as ive scanned and checked ive also done system restore but still i get the problem

Anyone got any ideas? thanx in advance

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Well, we need more details!

For example, what connection are you on, do you have any other errors or anything etc.

digi-worx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2005
how far away from the phone socket is your computer, do you use an extension cable, whats your ISP, do you use a modem or router? more info needed babeh

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Does it happen all the time? (if not, Maybe your provider is performing maintenance work)

Has anything changed recently? (My friend on Plusnet got his line upgraded to 2mbit and it caused this becayse he was too far away from the exchange)

If you are on adsl, and use a router, what is the SNR level?

NeoTrunks

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 30, 2004
this happind to me b4 now it stoped i think its becuz of downloads i had dsl512kbs
d/c's like evry hour or less but now its gone

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
its kinder stopped ish now, my mate has had the same prob nd hes on bt nd he got upgraded, stupid bt imo :/

thnx for the help guys

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Me_F0h_Teh_Win said:
its kinder stopped ish now, my mate has had the same prob nd hes on bt nd he got upgraded, stupid bt imo :/

thnx for the help guys
Well, TBH. i wouldn't care if it DC's for a week or so as i would be getting upgraded to 2MB :)

hawker_lom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 25, 2004
erm i wunt hav had bt ter crap ring um up n tell um to sort it, wen u rung um be madn they minght giv u net for free for6months

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
If the upgrade casued that problem, your line can't handle 2mb, ask to be regraded to 1mb, or 1.5mb

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Dataforce said:
If the upgrade casued that problem, your line can't handle 2mb, ask to be regraded to 1mb, or 1.5mb
Wouldn't it be better if he bought a new line? Or something, i am not quite sure if you mean something like the telephone line by "line".

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
yes, i mean the telephone line.

buying a new one wont help, he'll still be the same distance from the exchange. (ie too far)