[Inventory] - AutoSort and ItemGridEffects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Was asked to add some custom features and QoL for players, one of them was the ability to see grids on items in the bag aswell as on the character so there is now a button in the inventory you can click to show/hide these effects

1684335748297.png

1684335763404.png

im not a fan of the effects but atleast now players have an option.

Another request for an autosort feature for inventory, click the (+) button in the top left and you can select from a list of pre defined variables

1684336010313.png

if i select rarety it will rearrange them in that order,

1684336633381.png

selecting the same type again (rarety in this example) without changing anything in the inventory and it will reverse them for you. So selecting Value will sort items from least to most valuable, selecting it a second time will put the most valuable first and so on.

1684336083384.png

items are sorted by your choice then alphabetical within that section. currently you can sort by Rarety, ItemType, Weight and Value.

I can add more should anyone have something that makes sense, please note that the belt 1-10 is unnaffected by autosorting. This isnt added to storage as storage is designed for players to organise how they like.

it can be added should players want it though

extra note item tooltip is done, not sure if i mentioned it a while ago >.<

1684336322328.png

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Was asked to add some custom features and QoL for players, one of them was the ability to see grids on items in the bag aswell as on the character so there is now a button in the inventory you can click to show/hide these effects

View attachment 31650

View attachment 31651

Another request for an autosort feature for inventory, click the (+) button in the top left and you can select from a list of pre defined variables

View attachment 31652

if i select rarety it will rearrange them in that order, selecting the same type again (rarety in this example) without changing anything in the inventory and it will reverse them for you. So selecting Value will sort items from least to most valuable, selecting it a second time will put the most valuable first and so on.

View attachment 31653

items are sorted by your choice then alphabetical within that section. currently you can sort by Rarety, ItemType, Weight and Value.

I can add more should anyone have something that makes sense, please note that the belt 1-10 is unnaffected by autosorting. This isnt added to storage as storage is designed for players to organise how they like.

View attachment 31655
To add onto your grid addition, maybe having a bag option box where you can select/deselect grids for items by type? Or even rarity.

Might be too much but would be nice to give more options for the player.

Love the additions ❤️

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
To add onto your grid addition, maybe having a bag option box where you can select/deselect grids for items by type? Or even rarity.
yeah i like this idea actually,

ill edit the gui so players can toggle the icons for the rareties they want, rather than all on or all off, so you can turn em all off except say legendary +

good shout, thank you :)

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Awesome stuff mate, looks class!

1 super minor thing, isn't it spelt rarity (spelling on your filter type)

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
thanks to a good shout from @Jev ive altered my code and added options for players to be able to select the rarity of items they want effects displaying on

1684409623301.png

users can now just have shown what grade they want

1684409649020.png
1684409665919.png

• Love
Reactions: Jev

MasterD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 27, 2003
Always puzzled me why auto sort wasn't a thing with modern Mir, I'm a lazy storage dumper.

Only the 2nd server I've seen use it, hopefully more will follow. Nice work.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

View attachment 31650

View attachment 31651

View attachment 31652

if i select rarety it will rearrange them in that order,

View attachment 31656

selecting the same type again (rarety in this example) without changing anything in the inventory and it will reverse them for you. So selecting Value will sort items from least to most valuable, selecting it a second time will put the most valuable first and so on.

View attachment 31653

View attachment 31655
being able to lock items is handy, no selling/dropping the wrong items... we've all been there :P

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
With all those options, this sorting is now better than mir3d's, except one thing - sorting on mir3d puts all stackable items in stacks (stackable items don't go into stack when picked up, need to use the sort bag button). I think all stackable items in mir2 always stacked directly when picked up, so no need to use the sort button for that.

Because items don't go directly into stack when picked up, mir3d also has the option (set on the server) to sort the bag automatically every minute or whatever time is set. Actually this feature doesn't work on the server I host but it is there to be set.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
being able to lock items is handy, no selling/dropping the wrong items... we've all been there :p
yeah i think a lock system could be good, ive seen it on other games/servers. shouldnt be that difficult to implement either. infact i shall give this a go today see how hard it is to do

Reactions: Martyn

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
yeah i think a lock system could be good, ive seen it on other games/servers. shouldnt be that difficult to implement either. infact i shall give this a go today see how hard it is to do
Right click an item in a bag to lock it, have a small lock icon in the top corner of the cell.

Under Item Description “ToolTip” have
Right click to lock/unlock item.

Would also be good so you can say auto repair everything in the players bag but lock certain things so they don’t repair.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Right click an item in a bag to lock it, have a small lock icon in the top corner of the cell.

Under Item Description “ToolTip” have
Right click to lock/unlock item.

Would also be good so you can say auto repair everything in the players bag but lock certain things so they don’t repair.
You’re such a mir newb, right clicking puts items on -.-

Should be middle mouse button imo, or something simple :P

Tiny little lock/padlock icon too

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

Should be middle mouse button imo, or something simple :p

im using ctrl+rightclick :)
Post automatically merged:

this is now done

item locked are show with a padlock, also shows it on the tooltip

1684491197618.png

1684491206191.png

Ctrl+RightMouseButton will lock/unlock the item game will also tell you

1684491246546.png

locked items cant be dropped, sold, added to tm, repaired, destroyed, refined, upgraded or even use them.

you can ofcourse still death drop them, if items are death dropped then the item lock is removed from the item

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex

Should be middle mouse button imo, or something simple :p

That’s very true 😂🤦‍♂️

Middle mouse gets my vote

How do you code so fast 😂 ai coming in clutch ?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
That’s very true 😂🤦‍♂️

Middle mouse gets my vote

How do you code so fast 😂 ai coming in clutch ?
over 5 years of looking at the same code tends to teach you something....

ChatGPT ****s my code up so i gave up asking it for help :P

• Haha
Reactions: Jev
Status
Not open for further replies.