Isometric 3D Mir?

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Anyone thought about it? Theres plenty of 3D engines out there that are open source, Irrlicht looks good. RakNet is suposed to be a really good engine for a mmo. The only thing I can see being the trouble is the graphics/modeling. But I think you guys here on lomcn could do all that ;P

What do you guys think? Abit too optimistic? :D

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Deffo the way forward, I model assets for both Ogre (free and open source) and VBS2 which isnt. It wouldnt be hard to get a team of 3D artists who want to develop thier portfolio to work on it, but it would be a very ambitious project

CloudStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2010
thing is tho mir is mir cuz of the lures what was last 3d game u could play were u can lure 30+ mobs with out worrying to much about dieing

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
What he means by Isometric 3D is that the camera would stay locked the same way it was now but the players environments would be in 3D, So it would be like New Super Mario Bros, 3D on a 2D plane which would work very well for Mir and mean that graphics and spells were very easy to produce and could look awesome as youd have diffuse, normal, spec and displacement maps and proper particle effects etc