joe cole

smoochy boys on tour

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
on a free transfer why isnt ferguson trying to sign him :/ will be 1 of best if not best transfer of the this transfer market lol

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I heard a while back United was trying to sign him, but I don't think he's interested.

Probably wants to stay down Saarf

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
He's staying in London will be spurs IMO. Newcastle signing gosling on a free. Nb tbh

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
United don't need Cole, he's a great player but we have some quality youngsters whose progress would be stifled by Cole coming in. He also is injury prone and asking for a very large pay package.

Liverpool are a good option for him as they are in need of a decent winger and so he is gaurenteed 1st team football.

Personally I think he will go to spurs as he said he wanted to stay in London and of course champions league football.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
United don't need Cole, he's a great player but we have some quality youngsters whose progress would be stifled by Cole coming in. He also is injury prone and asking for a very large pay package.

Liverpool are a good option for him as they are in need of a decent winger and so he is gaurenteed 1st team football.

Personally I think he will go to spurs as he said he wanted to stay in London and of course champions league football.

United do need Cole, they need someone in midfield who can unlock a defence.. All man u's centre midfielders atm are more defensive ie; park/carrick/hargreaves/scholes has turned that way hence why they've also been linked with Schjneider/Ozil and Modric, all 3 would be great signings, but wud u rather pay an extra 30 mill or have joe cole on a free with jus a nice wage packet? As many know (shameful as it is) big clubs don't leave space for their youngsters, they're either wonderkids and fight into the first team or they spend they're life in the reserves and get loaned out from club to club.

Know which I'd prefer if I were chairman/manager.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Aaah yea I see, actually, now i think, it was inevitable, hence Benayoun going the other way.

In all- good switch tbh, now lets hope hodgson gets the system right, unlike rafa, Liverpool would set up well with the familiar world cup system of 4-2-3-1

with Mascherano and Lucas holding, and joe cole gerrard and kuyt/maxi or aquilani off Torres.

dopey

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 17, 2004
Ireland, Derry
Mascherano is basically out of liverpool (from what i have heard) - just a matter of getting the right offer.

Also not sure the Hodgson will play 4-2-3-1 all the time, can see him playing 4-4-2 against weaker teams, something that rafa benitez never did.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Liverpool have signed Joe Cole? I heard rumors but thats all, not seen anything on LFC TV about it though...

*checks skysports*

edit:

Breaking News: Liverpool sign joe cole on four year contract :P

Happy with that.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Yea they have I did same thing when that dude posted lol

Ouch I think Mascherano will be a BIG loss, Lucas isn't good enough.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Just hope they play in him a good position to get the full benefit of him.

He's not a left winger, despite what people say/think.

Plays much better just off the front man.

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Just hope they play in him a good position to get the full benefit of him.

He's not a left winger, despite what people say/think.

Plays much better just off the front man.

Not much chance of that with Gerrard doing so well there and Riera always injured.

I hope Hodgson gives Babel a chance.. He's 10000000000x better than N'gog lol.

-edit- Newcastle are back in the prem, he can play who he wants :D.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Aaah yea I see, actually, now i think, it was inevitable, hence Benayoun going the other way.

In all- good switch tbh, now lets hope hodgson gets the system right, unlike rafa, Liverpool would set up well with the familiar world cup system of 4-2-3-1

with Mascherano and Lucas holding, and joe cole gerrard and kuyt/maxi or aquilani off Torres.

Haha, thats exactly how i play with them in football manager, 4 at the back, mascherano and lucas defensive midfield, gerrard off torres, then rotate babel,kuyt,riera and benayoun around, sometimes replace lucas or gerrard with aquilani when i want to go more attacking or when gerrards knackered.

Creamed my pants when i saw Joe cole had signed, I don't like him but he's one of our best signings for a longgg time.

/Nymph

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Your over rating Joe Cole here. He's good but not that good anymore. There is a reason Chelsea let him go.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Your over rating Joe Cole here. He's good but not that good anymore. There is a reason Chelsea let him go.
Ancelotti has already said they wanted to keep him, just not prepared to give him the money he wanted after the injuries he's had past couple of seasons.

Great player if kept fit, and played right.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Ancelotti has already said they wanted to keep him, just not prepared to give him the money he wanted after the injuries he's had past couple of seasons.

Great player if kept fit, and played right.

The fact that it's Chelsea with their silly wages who think he's not worth the money says everything.

Don't get me wrong, I think he will do well at Liverpool, from my opinion it was the best choice for him.

And Benayoun was massively underrated at Liverpool. In my opinion Chelsea have come out best from the two transfers.