Just wanting opinions on lava map i made.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Nice work! indeed this guy should be made a map mod to reward his outstanding work/effort if he continues at this rate!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If you need an upload space ask Tai for some log in details for mirfiles, don't put it on a random hoster as they always delete files.

Very nice work with the maps, are you building them tile by tile? or does the map editor have a sets? I've not really played with colys map editor as i find my memory keeps running out.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
If you need an upload space ask Tai for some log in details for mirfiles, don't put it on a random hoster as they always delete files.

Very nice work with the maps, are you building them tile by tile? or does the map editor have a sets? I've not really played with colys map editor as i find my memory keeps running out.
same here, tbh even when i tried to create a map i failed miserably because i couldn't get the pieces to fit together properly ;(

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
What exactly are you trying to do with the mir3 maps?
He is trying to open mir3 maps in a heroes client. Mir3 maps are in C:/HeroesClient/EiMap and not C:/HeroesClient/Map.
I already stated in another post that he would need to rename the EIMap folder to view/edit the maps.

blade4real2004

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2013
Map making is tile by tile, floor tiles like grass and dirt, sand etc is 4 sqaures large and objects are made up of a series of single sqaures and sometimes they have slightly larger pieces in the mix but mapping takes hours of work, example I found an object place that has a center stand that is about 200 tile pieces to put it together lol and they have to be put together in the correct order so it looks right lol I learned the order or how things are done now tho and knowing Chinese read right to left makes life easier :)

SoulForge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2004
Hey, Sorry i kinda vanished for a while with moving to another town and working full time in real life kinda took all my spare time but im back now and back to finishing my island map, gonna speak to Tai as advised to get some login details to upload them for everyone and once i finish a map ill upload it and annouce it for people :)