kaori ams

DarkDiablo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
ok i hate kaori ams, i recall last time i used it it didnt work either.

i changed connstring to ip / port and login details as well as made the correct sql names

every time i try to register / change pass / etc it still says server down, anyone who wants to slap me for a dumb thing i did wrong please feel free

DarkDiablo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
lol hi kaori i dont see any prob there at least no errors when i turn error reporting on

Upvote 0

DarkDiablo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
PHP Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in D:\Servers\LegendofDarkDemise\AMS\register.php on line 60 PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.legendofdarkdemise.freemmorpgworld.com/AMS/backend/idcheck.php?id=ggggg&verify=mine) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in D:\Servers\LegendofDarkDemise\AMS\register.php on line 60

i know host is known i can entrprisemanager into it

Upvote 0

DarkDiablo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
Did you read the error?

"No such host is known"

www.legendofdarkdemise.freemmorpgworld.com

meaning... that address is wrong.

tried the normal ip, 127.0.0.1, the http:// localhost (local) and local

i know the address isnt wrong

i did on both backend and admin connect string files
if you remote connect to sql it works fine wit 206.51.234.19

thats the dedicated with sql on port 3306

Upvote 0

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
use ur net ip not lan or 127..... , and be sure u have all the firewalls off , at least untill u make it work (including the windows firewall )

Upvote 0

mapadale

The Kaori AMS runs on the backend of the server, this would be set to ether the lan IP of 192. or 127. depending on the connection made.

Using a free hostin address will not work, as it doesn't resolve the IP address hence the error as its not able to read it.

One question that does spring to mind, why are you using the AMS ne ways.

The AMS was mainly used for the 3.38 and lower files and is no longer required in higher files.

Upvote 0

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
mapadale; said:
One question that does spring to mind, why are you using the AMS ne ways.

The AMS was mainly used for the 3.38 and lower files and is no longer required in higher files.

1 question to u 2 mapa , u keep asking ppl why they using kaori ams for 3.55 files , u know that the luncher register doesnt allow more then 20 chars in the email box ? , if some1 will lose theyr passwords how are u supose to give them bk to them if u have only half of theyr email's ??

Upvote 0

mapadale

1 question to u 2 mapa , u keep asking ppl why they using kaori ams for 3.55 files , u know that the luncher register doesnt allow more then 20 chars in the email box ? , if some1 will lose theyr passwords how are u supose to give them bk to them if u have only half of theyr email's ??
I can understand it from that point of view, though about 70% of the players that play private servers don't give you correct details any way.

Also if a player is requesting their password reset and your emailing it to them, then you yourself are posing a security risk for that server.

Upvote 0

DarkDiablo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
tried all that, dont have editor to edit files to make launcher register so using ams

tried the 206.51.234.19

and this is a dedicated box

and no joy with firewalls off

Upvote 0

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
that's why i told u to put the firewalls off only to see if it work's without them or not , cos if will work , wot probably will if u setet up corectly , u will know wot the problem is

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
You should msg me when my status is online. I think you should be able to catch me. I can't go out much. Only busy when I am eating or baby needs me.

Upvote 0