Leave of Absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Exactly this

How people like Hells are allowed to run servers is beyond me , I got triple the grief he did , and he tried to scam one of the best coders and server owners this community has ever seen , out of thousands

I outed a corrupt GM for a couple hundred and got treated like I was scum of the earth

It’s all wrong , people like Jamie ( who I think is a prick ) should be afforded a little respect by this community , people like Hells , and to an extent me , should not be afford the same respect

difference is hells has apologized admitted he did wrong. He is now gaining some respect back from the work he and lcd are doing on his server. should we all get perma bans the first time anyone dose anything wrong? you would be left with a handful of people

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
@Jamie i had in the past mad hate towards you because you was bad as a person but you are great as a coder. Do not leave this community, your server always had put this community more and more active.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
It won't be, I have no reason have to continue building it.

That's the thing, I haven't the capability or experience to build a server personally, however, I certainly wouldn't want to after seeing this.

Couldn't we just put this to a good old fashioned vote, option 1 ban Hells, option 2 let him go, that way the Admins can continue being fence sitters and breathe a sigh of relief that they don't have to make a decision.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Irregardless of what I've said here I think you should have spoken to us/handled it better than this. Ultimatums are also shitty.

I don't believe there is anything that you could do, and I am not one for ultimatums which is why I didn't feel the need to discuss my decision with you
Post automatically merged:

That's the thing, I haven't the capability or experience to build a server personally, however, I certainly wouldn't want to after seeing this.

Couldn't we just put this to a good old fashioned vote, option 1 ban Hells, option 2 let him go, that way the Admins can continue being fence sitters and breathe a sigh of relief that they don't have to make a decision.

This is an ultimatum, and I do not agree with them.

If his actions were a problem before I made this post, then it would have already been dealt with.

Last edited:

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
It won't be, I have no reason have to continue building it.

No reason? making a vast amount of ££$$ & killing insanitys playercount?. That would be reason enough for me :)

TheRealHavok

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 17, 2018
Why Hells is allowed to advertise his server through this community still baffles me after what he did to Jamie and zircon, some of you say "Why should Tai get involved?" etc etc

Because we are a community, that's why

Reactions: Swoosh

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Yoou are asking the same question I had.. My answer was I don't feel like I want to belong here.

The reason for this post is not to ask for action or change of any rules, simply because I cannot think of any changes that would remedy my issue.

It's simply my good bye post.

Sad feels man :( - Wherever you go, whatever you do you will be missed very dearly and I hope you return some day and not become another name I see in the forums awards of "Most Missed Person" each year.

Why Hells is allowed to advertise his server through this community still baffles me after what he did to Jamie and zircon, some of you say "Why should Tai get involved?" etc etc

Because we are a community, that's why

I agree with the community bit whole heartily. Grab a pitch fork! burn sht! break things! but... I think the damage is already done and I don't think treating Hell's like a special case is right when I have seen people charge back multiple times on servers and the same "execution" wouldn't be delivered on them

TheRealHavok

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 17, 2018
I agree with the community bit whole heartily. Grab a pitch fork! burn sht! break things! but... I think the damage is already done and I don't think treating Hell's like a special case is right when I have seen people charge back multiple times on servers and the same "execution" wouldn't be delivered on them

Well then maybe it's time for a discussion and a change before we end up losing our best people

Reactions: Xythas

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Well goodbye Jamie. Has been a pleasure - the community will live on as will your name with the work you have done here.

Maybe a departure is good, at least i'd benefit from detaching myself from LOMCN and mir as a whole. There is a big wide world out there... so i'm told :P

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I think we all know you need a certain type of...tolerance to Jamies flavour when it comes to certain things lol. But same could be said for anyone.

One thing that is undeniable is the contributions...I personally wouldn't have even given up the C# Files...let alone Zircons, but he has. For Hells to then launch a server with those files, after showing as much disrespect to the person who developed them, is out of the question....i'll not comment on the nerve he apparently has to even consider it, but evidently he has a lot.

Yes, I agree the Admins shouldn't be directly involved...but how you can't do something in this rare instance is baffling to me. The fker should have been banned from LOMCN or at least forever prevented from advertising.

We get his type a LOT...we get them with the gold spamming servers as a prime example, it's not as if his server will massively succeed...at best it will keep his moderate close group occupied for a while.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Jamie has a "right" to dictate who uses his files, but i would certainly allow him to right to dictate this one. Even if you had to rationalise it...I believe Hells is 95% Zircon copy...Jamie has the right to dictate who is ripping off his server ;)

If Hells is gone, nobody will blink for more than a week...but i'm sure when Crystal and Zircon dry up and we need another update for Windows 15 because Windows 10 is too old....i'm sure you'll know who we might need...I know who i would prefer to keep in the community.

As for LCD contributions...money speaks...

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
As for LCD contributions...money speaks...

I hope nobody starts to speak how its not "right" that LCD works for Hells.

LCD has to be the most honest, neutral coder i ever saw. Hats off for that guy 🤠

TheRealHavok

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 17, 2018
It's not even a case of him being banned or exiled from the community, give him the untrusted title let him stay whatever nobody cares, it's just the fact that he's allowed to advertise here which is the main problem to be honest

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
I don't think you can police morality on this forum, even though some people need a good kick in the face.

It's been a pleasure to disturb your sleep Jamie. :)

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
difference is hells has apologized admitted he did wrong. He is now gaining some respect back from the work he and lcd are doing on his server. should we all get perma bans the first time anyone dose anything wrong? you would be left with a handful of people

Are you ******* stupid? Hells isn't contributing **** LCD is the one doing the work and submitting the PRs. Gaining respect after being a bitch and trying to claim back 7k because Jamie made balance adjustments? It worked out alright in this case as Jamie kept the payments but if he didn't? Now Hells has the bollocks to take Zircon and literally press "Start Server" after changing two? things one being 5000% rates. The other? A ******* loot filter because instead of creating a decent high rate from a great set of files he just thought **** it and didn't even attempt to at least customise drops.

LOMCN seem to be protecting it's users when it comes to false user counts and removing sections but cannot protect it's users from someone that clearly intended todo harm on multiple occasions to one of the best servers...

I don't see Insanity being a long term thing and it's a ******* massive kick in the teeth. Let's hope none of you donate to this ass and he bends you all over and gives you the finger...

P.S. Hells is a ****.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Are you ******* stupid? Hells isn't contributing **** LCD is the one doing the work and submitting the PRs. Gaining respect after being a bitch and trying to claim back 7k because Jamie made balance adjustments? It worked out alright in this case as Jamie kept the payments but if he didn't? Now Hells has the bollocks to take Zircon and literally press "Start Server" after changing two? things one being 5000% rates. The other? A ******* loot filter because instead of creating a decent high rate from a great set of files he just thought **** it and didn't even attempt to at least customise drops.

LOMCN seem to be protecting it's users when it comes to false user counts and removing sections but cannot protect it's users from someone that clearly intended todo harm on multiple occasions to one of the best servers...

I don't see Insanity being a long term thing and it's a ******* massive kick in the teeth. Let's hope none of you donate to this ass and he bends you all over and gives you the finger...

P.S. Hells is a ****.

I do agree with you but atleast we should respect LCD's input right there.

Reactions: Xander

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Never disrespected LCD or his work I understand he is working on Insanity and have no problem with that all and appreciate he still contributes to the main repo but that doesn't make the above untrue or whats happening a piss take.

Reactions: zedina

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

P.S. Hells is a ****.

without hells, lcd wouldnt be getting paid and wouldn't be doing this work how assback wards do you have to be to fail to understand that. hells has said countless times he is clueless and learning so ofcourse its not gonna be anything but zircon at high rate for now.... again how retarded are you? have you not read a single thing on here and just jumped right in acting all big and ******* mighty. get a grip

whats done is done he wasn't the first to do it and wont be the last he grew a set of bollocks and apologized for what he did and wants to make amends. man the **** up boys and get on with it let the man child jaime have a cry he will be back for the next server once zircons dried up

Status
Not open for further replies.