Legends Mir 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Hi after trying a couple of servers on here, ive decided im going to make my own. I have hardly any knowledge about creating a server, so it will probs take some time.

It will use the 2.3 files unless another set become stable/bug free.

It will be based around euro with many additions, new kits, new maps, new features.

It wont be a super high lvling server were u get lvl 100 in 2 days, it will take time and u will be rewarded for lvling. There will be no major jumps in the exp table, so lvling will be steady.

I have played mir for many years, and know the main atraction is PvP! So there will be lots of hot spots for fights, over bosses, sabuk etc.

Will post more info as i work on the server, progress will be slow to start off with as i get my head around the files and DB.

Server will be hosted on a dedicated server in the UK from launch date, and i will be only gamemaster, ensuring no corruption!

ETA: 2 + months. May be done sooner, depends how hard it is :P

If you have any idea's please post below, and if they sound good they will be used. :)

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Dont mean to sound rude and i wish you the best of luck, but who are your chars on Private servers ?

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Based arround euro...eta 2months...

Wtf is wrong with recent developers?Why does it take em THAT long to release a simple euro server?Its simple 2.3 files...

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
I havnt played any private servers, except Four Heroes and didnt play for long. The reason for a "long" ETA is because i havnt worked on any files before, so am learning as i go. I may find it to be easier than i thought, and get it done sooner.

This is not a euro clone, its based around euro :P There will be plenty of custom things, maps, kits, idea's.

After playing around with the server files for a bit, they do seem quite simple. And there is a lot of guides here, so shouldnt take as long as i first thought.

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Seems quite easy to edit/add things. Have added a few new kits, and caves so far. Am leaving the npc's till last as i feel they probs the hardest things to do.

Am just gna keep working on it as i go along, and hopefully summit good will come out of it. I rekon if all goes well, and i dont get stuck on any thing, server should be ready in under a month.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
best of luck. npcs are probably the easiest things to do on a server once you get the hang of it. just take a look at other scripts on lomcn to help you on your way.

h

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
best of luck. npcs are probably the easiest things to do on a server once you get the hang of it. just take a look at other scripts on lomcn to help you on your way.

h

Ye i have a couple of set of files now, so i just check thru them when i get stuck. + theres alot of guides on here, so shouldnt really be any problems :)

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
I used to play euro Phoenix server about 5-6 years ago. Havnt played any other servers. So you wont know me, im just trying to bring back a good old fashioned euro style server :)

Have got a nice new HumEffect.wil with some pretty kool wings, effects. Am also trying to figure a way out on how to add effects to some attacks.

If any1 here is good with paint shop, or a any prog simular can you drop me a pm plz.

Have added a couple new weapons, that weigh to much and you have to refine them down until wearable (Have good high end stats, and are quite rare).

Am also thinking of removing storm orbs,gems and making it so you can only have it on rare items, kits. And also a refine npc to add it onto weapons.

Have also added a few other sep items, like PowerRing(WT) only drops from wooma, will have added Amc. Or you could get a PowerRing(ET) drops from EvilTongs will have added Ac. May change this around tho, not sure yet still needs a bit more thinking put into it.

Will also be looking into a simular system that Anonlol is using on his server, with server lords. As it seems quite fun ;)

Will defo be adding LMS, for set lvl's like lvl 30-40 40-50 50-60 etc, am also going to add another lms were u cant take no kit, items, pots in. (Wiz vs Wiz) (War vs War) shud be fun :P

May also try to add another lms system, were u 1v1 then go to the next room, final 2 meet in a head to head pvp for championship or summit.

Have been given MirReborns files and db, and have permission to run them. Not sure if i want to atm, will have a play on the server and see for myself. Thanks to Madman for this :)

Will keep you posted :)

Last edited:

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Sorry for double, but no one else posting :P

Am working on a tradesman npc, when you get to level 50, you can pick a trade. So far there are Crafter's: (Neckys,Rings,Braces) Refiner: (Weapons) Forger: (Armours/Helmets)

You have to make items with items you collect from a set cave/province. Once you have managed to make a few things, you can either wear/sell for good cash. Or trade it in for Points, so you can make better items.

Also adding a quest system, that will start from lvl 50, there will be plenty of other quests for lower levels also. Example: LvL 50 quest, after clicking on the quest link, you will be given the option to do a good deed, or a evil one. The rewards vary.
"Good" = Gold, Exp, Protection Gear, HP Boost (Via key 9)
"Evil" = PkOrbs (Removes 200 Pk Points),Attack Gear,Exp,Attack Boost, may add gold also, not sure yet.(Through key 9)

If you choose to do a good quest, and after completing you want to do another quest, you will not be able to choose a Evil one. I may add some kind of system were you can change back at a price.

Will also be looking into a PK town, were you gain exp for killing someone (Within 5 levels of you) and loose exp if you die. It will be for level 70 + and will only be open from 10am - 10pm so no1 can be exploit, as it will global shout when you die/pk'd not sure what command works.

Have added key 7, so it unbundles what you in your bag, so if u got a (HP)bundle push key 9, itl open it for you and put it on your slots. Will only open 1 at a time.

Have made it so all caves are accessable via npc's, however if you are in BW and want to go to a cave in SV, you must complete a quest in SV to unlock the section, same with all other provinces.

Lord System, Each "Major Cave" like ZumaTemple,BDD,StoneTemple etc etc will spawn a lord at a set time, probs every 6-12 hours. When the Lord has spawned, there will be invasion popping out from left right and centre, Basically these will be mini events.
It will send a global shout letting every 1 know that the lord has spawned, and a npc found in BW will let you teleport (5minute time limit) straight to the KingsRoom. So we should see some good fights :)

Will be adding EventStones these will be rare though. they range from (S)-(XL) take these to a npc in MudWall, and you can start a event in the desert (New added bit to MudWall when its done :P) It will be like ZumaTemple ent, with a few canyons,rocks. This will be shouted globally, so every one can join in.

I hope all of this can be done ingame, and am pretty sure it can after speaking with a friend. If any one has any other idea's leave them here! They will be used :)

Edit: What are your thoughts on being able to trade levels for items ? You can only do it at set levels, example: level 30 go to npc, he will sell you either a ring, brace, necky for that level for 1 level, A armour for 2 levels, and a weapon for 3.

ETA: 4-5 Weeks

Last edited:

LegendsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2010
Will be moving over to Primal server files, i feel these should be fine to run a server on, and are being updated at a good speed.

Stratz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2009
Orlando, Florida
If this server is sounding the way im reading it and your making it almost like euro mir, where the best items in game is a normal para and pro ring and with iron armour / great axe / judgement mace / etc.. With a bit higher exp for lvlin so more people can get to like lvl 35+ quicker than euro mir was. Then this sounds like its for me :)

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
Gl with server, 2 months i think is a nice eta Shows you actually working on it before releasing

All the best

Mason

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Lol, how many accounts does he have? A mod should close this thread.

h