License Error

smoochy boys on tour

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
"a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code: 0x80090019"
my gf is getting that error message on her pc, when her windows loads, and it takes her straight back to the login screen....
any ideas how to fix this?
her copy of windows is legal.

she doesn't know how to change the drive letters, so it can't be that...

Last edited:

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
something I found from the net

1. In the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents

Highlight that folder and then choose and File > Export (as a precaution) then in the right pane double click OOBETimer and very carefully change just the first byte to say

Then COPY the two files windows\system32\wpa.dbl and wpa.bak to a
different folder, and the DELETE them from the system32 folder

Then get on the internet and then

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Activate Windows
and use Activate on the internet now.

That should only take a few seconds and windows should activate

If any of that gives you any trouble put those files back, and import the registry key back again, before doing anything else.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
kud125 said:
"a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code: 0x80090019"
my gf is getting that error message on her pc, when her windows loads, and it takes her straight back to the login screen....
any ideas how to fix this?
her copy of windows is legal.

she doesn't know how to change the drive letters, so it can't be that...

Use a windows CD and repair windows.

By any chance, is this a dell?

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
urbanfox said:
Use a windows CD and repair windows.

By any chance, is this a dell?

i went though the dell situation with him, its a compaq. However the problem your thinking about can also affect other computers if theres a change in the security provider (i have no idea what thats about im jsut writing what i read). I also suggested he runs the repair tool, but he was worried about losing files when you run the repair tool (i know that doesnt happen), but i didnt want to 100% garuntee his music and stuff wouldnt be lost incase something went wrong and i was blamed :P

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Kaori said:
something I found from the net
thanks Kaori next time i'm round my gf's which is tomorow, i will give it a try
and if that fails i will run the Windows Repair tool....
thanks for the feedback will keep you updated

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
well.... thanks for your feedback anyway guys, but before i could get to her with the solution,l she sorta reinstalled her whole computer....

thanks anyway :)
might as well lock this thread now
bless her