= [Live] - [Meteora] - [v3] =

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
nah was a mistake i only realised after i pressed reply, i cliked stop and obviously wasnt quick enough until i actually noticed.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Easter is nearly upon us and our graphic designer has been doing 3 new spells for the server which will be coded in shortly. :D We also have a new boss made by him and we are going to be adding in an event shortly.

Stay tuned. Radio will be up and available to listen ingame shortly also. We just need to recode it in client as it causes it to crash other than that some tunes should be available to listen to ingame soon!

/Curt

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Easter is nearly upon us and our graphic designer has been doing 3 new spells for the server which will be coded in shortly. :D We also have a new boss made by him and we are going to be adding in an event shortly.

Stay tuned. Radio will be up and available to listen ingame shortly also. We just need to recode it in client as it causes it to crash other than that some tunes should be available to listen to ingame soon!

/Curt
seems such a waste all that effort for a **** l rate server

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
seems such a waste all that effort for a **** l rate server

Cheers for the positive feedback and go make a low rate server better,

As for the new spells, they are being coded in as we speak, there will be previews on the forums later on today.

:)

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
Hi Guys, we are currently working on the code and testing of 3 new spells which will be soon, here are the full details:

Warrior Spell - Earthquake

earthquakede5.jpg

The warrior strikes the ground with all his might and causes a massive earthquake which causes massive damage to anything in its path. The higher the level the more damage inflicted

lvl 1 - lvl 44
lvl 2 - lvl 46
lvl 3 - lvl 48

Wizard Spell - Ice Blast

iceblastws3.jpg

The caster conjures a powerfull blast of Ice around themsleves which causes massive damage in a 5x5 square around the caster, there is also a chance of causing the target(s) to freeze/slow down. the higher the level the greater damage and chance of slow/freeze

lvl 1 - lvl 44
lvl 2 - lvl 46
lvl 3 - lvl 48

Taoist Skill - Fog

fogle4.jpg

The Taoist causes a dense field of Fog to the required place, this Fog will not allowed weaker monsters to pass through it, and cause anyone who passes through it to flinch and not be able to run. The higher the level the greater the length of cast

lvl 1 - lvl 42
lvl 2 - lvl 43
lvl 3 - lvl 44

Huge credit to Saif(Graphics designer) and Xander(Coder) for making these. These will be in encrypted wils so exclusive to Meteora.

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
For the time being they will be kept exclusive to Meteora, but i'm sure one day they will work their way into the community.

XxPrestonBabexX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2008
Preston, Lancashire
A few people I've spoken to have agreed that there's more important things to be sorted before actually adding new stuff in.

Well done to Saif for this work but look at the stuff you've already got in game and doesn't work/needs fixing?

*Cough* DROPS

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
are you an idiot? theres a server team, each member concentrates on certain areas of their specialities. as said above the graphics designer has created these he isnt gonna know how to do other jobs such as db work drops etc.

and if the person in charge of drops is busy hes not going to be able to fix them IF they need fixing at all, i wouldnt trust what you say as you are a fuked up human being.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
The drops are fine. If people dont get a item off a boss one time. They will complain saying drops are bugged / unbalanced....

To be honest, Drop files are fine and server is completely balanced. Rares are rare as there meant to be everything else is dropping at an ok rate.

XxPrestonBabexX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2008
Preston, Lancashire
The drops are fine. If people dont get a item off a boss one time. They will complain saying drops are bugged / unbalanced....

To be honest, Drop files are fine and server is completely balanced. Rares are rare as there meant to be everything else is dropping at an ok rate.

I beg to differ. Drops aren't fine. You spend a long time getting to ZT KR, and also spend a lot of money on it, to have it drop about 10k and a few pots?

Not even an apple or bundles. The fact it's all or nothing is just noobish. So don't tell me the drops are tip top, cos they aint.

Rares are rare? How longs the server been up, and we have 2 Revival Rings, a Para, a Prot and god knows what else. Level 44 armours are no rarer than level 40 armours.

You have weapons for levels 30,31,35,36,38,39,40 and whatever after that, yet half the warriors ingame who are level 40+ are still using a level 31 weapon?

You've clearly made enough weapons in the drop files, so why aren't some rare and others not? Why have a new weapon for pretty much every level but have the rarity for each exactly the same? Pointless.

Majority of the server players are 40+ now and there still hasn't been a relic dropped. Wooma horns drop even less. Skill books? Don't be silly. Oh unless it's for a wiz, ofcourse, because everything for wizards drop x2 the rate of warrior kit.

It's already been mentioned on the forums that some items are dropping too much as well.

I know firsthand that drop files are a difficult thing to get right, but don't sit there and say "they're fine". Nor do I want to hear anything along the lines of "oh you just want everything handed to you on a plate". I play low rate for reasons, and rares being rares is one of them.

But as it is, this isn't even Euro standards.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Drops are being looked at, but I am quite happy at how the Weapon drop rates are, think about early euro, people were using GAxe/DSwords at level 40etc. Warrior/Wizard/Taoist rates are exactly the same in the drop files as I always do them in a trio, so for example if I put the level 40 wiz ring in at 1/100, I will put the equivalent Warrior and Taoist rings in at the same rate. As for Horns and Relics, that’s just bad luck as both are in at 1/25.

In the future if you could resist the urge to be condescending and genially obnoxious, i'm sure people would take your suggestion on board rather than overlook it as a flame educing rant.

- Lind

XxPrestonBabexX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2008
Preston, Lancashire
Well I apologize if my post came across as an abusive rant, but it wasn't intended that way. I just got annoyed when he said "drops are fine".

Yeah you have a point about the Gaxes in the early days, but that's not the case on euro anymore. I just don't see the point in having a new weapon for every level but making them all the same rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.