Local mir server help?

Join Discord

nikerlassmith

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2009
Hi I used to play mir a long long time ago and my the best server I played was poison , I was wondering is there anyway I can create a server but play it offline on my own network so I dont need to have as much bandwidth setup to be able to play it myself as to if it were to be played by many people. I would like to build a server based like poison originally was like before kings and learn to code myself and hopefully make it so im able to put it online whenever my connection upgrades .
My pc specs are
amd a10-5800k apu 3.8ghz with HD rad graphics xfire with 6670 GDDR5 graphics card
8gb ram
giga F2A 75M-D3H motherboard
running on windows 7 x64
will I be able to run it offline so I can play and test coding on it and be able to put it online eventually ?

any help tips very much appreciated

Ura

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
running on windows 7 x64

This is your biggest issue, you may also find a problem with your AMD CPU as well.

I'd suggest you use something like Virtual Box with a copy of Windows XP on it to setup a local server.

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
With the system that you are wanting to use, you will need to use the King files. All you would need to do, is download the files which should all ready be set to 127.0.0.1 in all IP's. Then use the IP changer from IdaBigA for King and only change the external IP's to your LAN IP, which is usually 192.168.0.XXX. This will then allow you to run a server and play on it over a local lan.

Upvote 0

nikerlassmith

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2009
thanks both for the replys , so kings dont have a problem running on my Os or anything should be pretty simple and straight forwards to setup right ?

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
The files have been codded to work with server 2008 and windows 7 is pretty much 2008 in a nut shell, they will also run on an AMD chipset. Though on some systems running AMD, you may have to tweak how your chip runs as the HWID doesn't stay cracked. But the only way to find out, is by trial and error as the files have not been tested on a load of different systems.

Upvote 0

nikerlassmith

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2009
thanks again for the reply i read somewhere it wont work 100% on quad core ? if this is true will i be able to work it in such a way that it will only use the number it needs

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
That was 3.55 that doesn't work on anything higher than single core and is a pain in ass with AMD.

Upvote 0

nikerlassmith

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2009
brilliant thanks again for the info! i will give it a try and see if i manage to get things working properly

as the links of help setup guides and links to the files to setup are dead , i feel i have to put this on hold for a while xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0