Looking for a Woool Map Viewer/Editor

sunwave

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 17, 2024
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has a Woool Map Viewer or Editor?

I've looked all over these forums, RageZone, MirFiles, and a lot of Chinese forums that make you pay money, and I haven't had any luck. It seems like the Chinese forums do have Woool map editors, but I haven't been able to successfully download them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!

Update: I attached the viewer and editor I got from a Chinese forum to this first post. If you figure out how to use them please post a tutorial! Btw, I got it from a Chinese forum so be careful for viruses. I did open the software and it seems somewhat legit, I just don't know how to work the program.

Attachments

• woool-map-editor-1.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • woool-map-editor-2.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has a Woool Map Viewer or Editor?

I've looked all over these forums, RageZone, MirFiles, and a lot of Chinese forums that make you pay money, and I haven't had any luck. It seems like the Chinese forums do have Woool map editors, but I haven't been able to successfully download them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!

I have not checked for a while but there no public release of a map editor, i only know of 1 group who has one but they have never released it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Did anyone ever think of ripping off woool maps for use in mir2? Would need woool map editor to begin with but probably there is no cross compatibility.

On similar note, does woool client have map libs like mir2 does and is there lib editor for them?

I might pay the $10ish dollars to try them out and hope they don't have viruses :LOL:
What do those ten dollars buy? A limited time use or is it a one time purchase? Sometimes (probably always) it is not easy to figure that out from translation. In the past I used quite a number of various programs from Chinese sources and never had any problem, at least not noticed any. Its not like those Chinese sites that maintain repository of useful programs (many of them free) are virus minefields.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If @Lilcooldoode finishes his open source wool files I'd happily give him the zircon map editor source code so he can modify it to work with wool maps.

• Wow
Reactions: mir2pion

sunwave

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 17, 2024
Did anyone ever think of ripping off woool maps for use in mir2? Would need woool map editor to begin with but probably there is no cross compatibility.

On similar note, does woool client have map libs like mir2 does and is there lib editor for them?

What do those ten dollars buy? A limited time use or is it a one time purchase? Sometimes (probably always) it is not easy to figure that out from translation. In the past I used quite a number of various programs from Chinese sources and never had any problem, at least not noticed any. Its not like those Chinese sites that maintain repository of useful programs (many of them free) are virus minefields.

The $10 bought VIP access to a forum where I could download the map editor and viewer (actually they give you Baidu links).

I tested out the map editor and viewer that I linked above on a virtual machine. I couldn't figure them out so I deleted the files and the virtual machine lol.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Why don't you upload them here, I can translate program menus. I mean I can make snapshots of menus with translated entries, so you can look up what does what. For basic working with the program, that is usually enough.

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Why don't you upload them here, I can translate program menus. I mean I can make snapshots of menus with translated entries, so you can look up what does what. For basic working with the program, that is usually enough.
Could even reverse it depending on how they’ve created it ;)

sunwave

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 17, 2024
Sure, will do. I'll have to redownload them. Keep an eye on this post, I will post them here later. By the way, they did get flagged as having malware but they seem pretty harmless.
Post automatically merged:

@mir2pion @Jev @Sanity

Give these a try and let me know if you can get them to work!

Attachments

• woool-map-editor-1.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • woool-map-editor-2.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: mir2pion and Jev

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Couldn't download the first one but the 2nd one is a map preview tool, you have to extract all tiles and objects to PNG format, edit the config file and drop a map onto the exe file, (i think) it's been a while.

sunwave

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 17, 2024
By the way, here is the translation for how they work:

Map Creation Tool:
1: Convert the material into a 32-bit PNG image material
2: Drag the converted material into the map creation tool
3: The edges in the tool are map obstacles
4: Cut the map, and the NMP format will be automatically generated after the cut is completed
5: Use the TGA batch conversion tool to convert the cut PNG materials to TGA format
6: Use the WPF tool to batch convert to TEX
7: Import wpf.

Map Viewer Tool:
1: Modify the configuration file.
[Config]
root=E:\Map Material\PNG\Root (The material is exported from WPF by itself, and the export format is PNG)
Fin=D:\Legendary World WPF and SGL Editor\config.fin Change the path here.
Tiles =1
smTiles=1
objects=1
canmove=0
dian=0
pngquality=5
workmode=0
multiple=32
LIMITS=3

2: Update the FIN database, you don’t need to update it.
Use the WPF tool to export the map package. After exporting, there is a list.xml
like this It is used to make FIN database. Saves the offset data of the map image.
3: Edit the path where the material library is located.
4: Drag an nmp file to the program window.
5: Click to analyze the map.
6: Wait for the display below to complete loading.

I have no idea how to really do any of that but maybe you guys can make sense of it.

Couldn't download the first one but the 2nd one is a map preview tool, you have to extract all tiles and objects to PNG format, edit the config file and drop a map onto the exe file, (i think) it's been a while.

The first one is being blocked due to being "dangerous". If you use a browser besides Chrome it should allow you to download it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I downloaded both no problem.
Only started exploring the viewer, the info from Sanity and you will help a lot. I only made some progress when I clicked the pencil icon in the map viewer.
It opens this dialog, apparently need to set right paths, will look at it later
1713822469090.png

BTW if the talk is about it working on exported pngs (I don't have time right now to read your posts properly, I got this tool uploaded here with some woool files sometimes this past winter, likely it is on mirfiles
"WPFSGL Extractor, works on the Newest Woool Client"

I have no idea how to really do any of that but maybe you guys can make sense of it.
On reading Sanity comment and your copied guide for for how to use the files, I second your conclusion LOL

Last edited: