Looking for new team member on new server

smoochy boys on tour

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
About me!

Hello people i'm a long time Mir player chilled back and fun person ^^ and i have decided to make my own server after i have
seen many servers come and go so i want to make one of my own and feel i no what a mir player wants in a server. I'm fairly new to
building my own server however i'm learning pretty fast on how to do things and i'm very serious on putting a good
server out for people to play and enjoy.

What type of server i'm building.

Currently i am building a medium rates server. My aim is to put together a server that offers much content for
all different of types of players. My aim is to get many features in game such as a main quest line, daily quests and a daily quest merchant
new class merchants to craft different sets I will also want the pvp factor in my server so weekly guild wars and last man standing will be something i look to implement
also bringing back some old caves and adding new ones.
I feel a good server should aim to give different players all sorts to do and should be fun for casual and hardcore players.

Why i'm looking for someone!
The main reason i'm looking for someone to help me out with my server is because i have already started creating my server and feel that things could go a lot smoother with someone else
to help me out with scripting things adding items creating maps but not only that i feel with someone else's i'm put we could make a much better server. As they say 2 is better than one =P.
It would also be amazing to have someone that might no abit more than what i do to help me develop the server into something special also may make it abit less boring for me ^^.
Im not looking for anything special in someone i just want them to have the same love for Mir as i do and someone that will be dedicated to the server not just letting me do all the work on my lonesome.
Work on my server is already taking place and is moving along nicely so if your interested in becoming part of it just either message me or post below.

Love you all <3 hope to speak soon
p.s- I know this post is cheesy but who doesn't love cheese

Using C files

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Good luck with this :)

From your PM's and stuff you seem quite eager, which is always a good thing when trying to get a server up.

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
cheers im very eager want to get a good server out there all help possible is want i want haha

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
What server version are you running?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
What server version are you running?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

If you do not get a coder on your team suggest using Hero's or files before them C# have far to many balance issues without a coder 2 many classes aswell.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Spells and classes can balanced without any coding, and classes can be turned off without any coding.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If you do not get a coder on your team suggest using Hero's or files before them C# have far to many balance issues without a coder 2 many classes aswell.

Because Heroes doesn't have balance issues XD XD

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Because Heroes doesn't have balance issues XD XD

The content creation available on Heroes is far superior to C# files*. The only issue is slow, which can be removed, it was game breaking anyways.

*Unless you can code.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
The content creation available on Heroes is far superior to C# files. The only issue is slow, which can be removed, it was game breaking anyways.

Not that I want to get in to a full blown debate on this thread, but are you genuinely believing that? Can you elaborate for me why you feel this way?

Other than heroes, what do the heroes files have that are a massive plus?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Not that I want to get in to a full blown debate on this thread, but are you genuinely believing that? Can you elaborate for me why you feel this way?

Other than heroes, what do the heroes files have that are a massive plus?

They do have a lot of custom features taken from Shanda. How well they work or how balanced they are I can't comment on

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Spells and classes can balanced without any coding, and classes can be turned off without any coding.

Like i know your a coder and made them files or whatever, but if its so easy to get it balanced without coding how come not 1 server has got these files balanced yet? And apoc have 2 coders ? and taking this many months t sort them files out.

Tai: Heros are the most balanced files available on this website, maybe if you logged on mir once in awhile you'd know this.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Like i know your a coder and made them files or whatever, but if its so easy to get it balanced without coding how come not 1 server has got these files balanced yet? And apoc have 2 coders ? and taking this many months t sort them files out.

Tai: Heros are the most balanced files available on this website, maybe if you logged on mir once in awhile you'd know this.

Because all the server creators so far have been lazy and not actually changed any of the default settings. All the settings are there to change the balance of skills and stats, people just need to edit them. I think we'd find if I removed all the default stats from the server and force people to add their own - crystal servers would be a lot different.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

What exactly do you know about Apoc's situation? Nothing other than hearsay... Apoc changed their files a lot and added lots of their own custom stuff. Anything that's taking them a long time to fix is of their own doing, it has nothing to do with the base set of files available from here.

Heroes: Balanced? That's largely a matter of opinion but I strongly disagree.

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
So im finally back off holiday and ready to move forward with the server again im 100% focused on making this a good server i have already started a fare bit of work a few people have messaged me however they dont reply when i message them so if anyone is still interested in building this server with me let me know ! <3