Low exp rate - Med exp rate or high exp rate ?

What is your prefered EXP rate when looking for a server to play ?

• Low exp rate (x0 - x10)

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Med exp rate (x10 - x30)

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • High exp rate (x30 - x60)

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Super High exp rate (x60 and upwards)

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • i dont care

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
i know its been asked before but people opinions change all the time and iam just wondering out of interest what the feeling is now towards server exp rates, what do you prefer the most when thinking of joining or playing a server ?

(exp rates as an example)

Low rate 0 - x 10 exp

Med rate x10 - x30 exp

High rate x 30 - x60

SuperHigh rate - x60 and upwards

or perhaps it doesnt matter what the exp rate is

(the exp rates above are just what i feel would indicate if a server is low/med/high/superhigh) your opinions maybe different

i personally prefer a leveling rate between 20 - 30 so i know that when im a noob it wont be for long but it would take a good few months to a year to hit levels like 75 - 100 for example

also what would you consider the exp rates to be for low/med/high/superhigh ?

do you like kits to be above the euro rate ? or the same ?

i prefer stats to be not stupidly high but not as low as euro, also i like all the item skins changed so there completely custom

thanks for taking part

Last edited:

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Voted super high experience rate.

Well you get to 40-45 easy as.
But the stats at that level to stay around euro. Perhaps a little higher but then moving on to beyond euro, like high stats.

I just prefer fast leveling and higher stats in general really :)

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Prefer it the way Mir is meant to be, Low Rate tbh. Keeps fighting fairer.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
I think theres 1 single difference between "Low Rate" and "High Rate" , that being that on a "High Rate" Server Instant pots are needed to offset the stupidly high stats ...

a Low Rate however would be a server where instant pots cannot be purchased and are generally not needed as the damage isnt TOO ridiculously high ...

Not meaning to reference OldSkool in particular , but it is literally a perfect balance of Player Hp, Hp Pot regeneration speed and Damage , meaning we can have high stats without the need for instants. If at any point the damage became so high that instants in shops were required then i'd consider us a highrate server. Until then were med-rate :P

I think any server that can avoid having to use instant pots as the standard isnt a highrate , and tbh i really dislike highrate servers , PvP gets ruined.

Last edited:

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
Is there a new poll about EXP made every month? lol

When will people learn that EXP means nothing in a server, people will still level at the same speed and people can change req item levels to suit Low, Med or High rate servers.

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
do you think a highrate server say x60 exp would work with stats just above euro ? or would it need to have stats way above ? if so why ?

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
Medium EXP with low - Medium Stats is always a winer for ppl that "like" pvp servers, as its more fair to all players so we can fight back instead of 1 hit kills an then getting pished off with not beeing able to hunt unless ppl do it

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
Super High Exp Rate
I Like The Server So The Start Isnt So Hard And I Like High Stats The Whole Way Through No Geeks If You Can lol :P jk

in general i would say super high rate and stats are the best

Last edited:

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Why is it in Europe we class super high rate as 100? In China servers are online with 1000x exp. The difference is they have the Envir and DBs to match that sort of exp, they work on the files to add content etc.. In theory making the game its own and not set to any exp multipler.

Does that make sense?

Dalisu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 18, 2004
N.Ireland
I think theres 1 single difference between "Low Rate" and "High Rate" , that being that on a "High Rate" Server Instant pots are needed to offset the stupidly high stats ...

a Low Rate however would be a server where instant pots cannot be purchased and are generally not needed as the damage isnt TOO ridiculously high ...

Not meaning to reference OldSkool in particular , but it is literally a perfect balance of Player Hp, Hp Pot regeneration speed and Damage , meaning we can have high stats without the need for instants. If at any point the damage became so high that instants in shops were required then i'd consider us a highrate server. Until then were med-rate :P

I think any server that can avoid having to use instant pots as the standard isnt a highrate , and tbh i really dislike highrate servers , PvP gets ruined.

p69 has instant pots and pvp/fights are brilliant.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Its all fun hitting 40 really fast but the amount of spells ingame don't keep us going forever.

I voted Low rate servers as x10 is plenty in my eyes.

Obviously it all depends though. A server could have 10x exp but have 10x required.

Same with items, why have dc 1000 items when you could just have dc100 items with mobs with lower health.

Keep the stats relativly low, if someone can kill someone else before they get chance to do anything, then its too high.

The best bet for a server to last is x10-20 exp. Stats placed slightly higher than Euro and keeping the mobs with the same amount of hp.

Also give more chances to drops etc.

You don't want to make leveling too fast or you'll just have to make tons and tons of new items and caves for people to get to.

Rather than having lots of new recoloured items appearing on a server, i prefer large useful updates like the Fox patch on Euro Mir.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

/Ash

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Personally I prefare what you would call High Rate (x40). Its more of a steady leveling, not too fast where as you log off for a day, come back and the bloke that was the same level as you, is now 15 levels higher. It tends to keep people within a few levels of eachother.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
to me low rate is much more fun etc for both PVP (so sabuks fun) and generl mob killing, most servers that support high rate, at 1 point of a nother u have to fight a mob thats so much harder (the same as low items like ZT) items to support all lvls (low exp can add items also to help you) can easily update a low exp server (where as high rate u can rush to get somethin out to support the much higher lvl people), high rate as soon as u hit a certain lvl u basicly need the same exp that u would need on a low rate to keep lvling up, so tbh y not low rate exp but make stats so u can hunt mobs and not be hurt so much.

each high rate server has to add mobs that are "harder" for your lvl so its just the same as low rate just u hit lvl 80 quicker

Auds

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 14, 2007
to me low rate is much more fun etc for both PVP (so sabuks fun) and generl mob killing, most servers that support high rate, at 1 point of a nother u have to fight a mob thats so much harder (the same as low items like ZT) items to support all lvls (low exp can add items also to help you) can easily update a low exp server (where as high rate u can rush to get somethin out to support the much higher lvl people), high rate as soon as u hit a certain lvl u basicly need the same exp that u would need on a low rate to keep lvling up, so tbh y not low rate exp but make stats so u can hunt mobs and not be hurt so much.

each high rate server has to add mobs that are "harder" for your lvl so its just the same as low rate just u hit lvl 80 quicker

sorry but what youve just said has made low rate sound boring to me..

voted high rate.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Super High

I prefer it not because i like an easy ride, not at all, i believe like most others that what you get ingame should be earned. But when it comes to leveling, i hate the long grinds of killing thousands upon thousands of Zumas, Woomas and Tongs.

I prefer to have that as painless as possible, and let your items and equipment judge how good you are, not your level.