M2server, Entrap, Hallu etc.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
k thx for puttin me right and does r ledu support the correct images for these? as im sure we wud have seen these images on other servers if so.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
MentaL tried unpacking, didnt work.

It messed a top header up or something and he had to recreate it to get it working unpacked.

Cant remmeber what he said exactly.

Dithmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2003
I've just been trying to unpack it myself. M2server.exe is packed with ASProtect 1.2x - 1.3 and the dll is packed with a modified ASProtect 2.0. I can unpack it but it wont run, as you said Tofas its something to do with rebuilding the pe headers or something, unfortunatley i havent got much experience with unpacking but im looking through quite a few tutorials on manual unpacking and rebuilding so who knows, i might get lucky and find what we need. As this has grabbed my interest im gonna keep trying, ill keep you posted :bounce:

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
g/l this wud b a gr8 thing to have in r mirs. Hope u can understand it all once u have read the tutorials :)

Dithmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2003
Just thought i'd give y'all a quick update. Ive been reading loads of tutorials over the last week or so into manually unpacking protected files and i'm coming along nicely. I gave up trying to use unpacking programs as none of them seem to be able to correctly unpack this file. I have so far managed to successfully unpack 2 other programs using this version of asprotect and it isn't as difficult as i first thought however the m2server.exe is a lot bigger and harder to unpack and im also beggining to suspect that it isnt packed with the packer all the file analysers say it is. I think it has been packed and then manually modified to confuse the file analysers making it very hard for me (also not helped by my serious lack of assembler knowledge). If i could just find the OEP (Original Entry Point) of the program i can do the rest (Dump program from memory, Rebuild IAT, recover stolen bytes, etc) its just this first step is proving to be beyond my experience at the minute. If anyone out there has a better knowledge of assembler and would like to help me out here i'd be grateful, also if anyone new to this wants to have a go i'll put up a list to all the very informative tutorials i've found over the last week, i think you'll find it's a very interesting subject and you might have better luck with it than me :) Im going to keep at it and i'll let you know if i get any further :bounce: