Major Fk ups

Join Discord

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
The other day my comp started restarting when idle, then slowly devices started going missing and uninstalling.
My first thought was VIRUS so got a AV software and nothing so i decided to reformat.

Even with no OS Software it still reset and makes me unable to format and get windows on.
Iv tried narrowing everything down, taken ram out, tried diffrent hard drives, diffrent graphics card etc, all to no avail.

Today the monitor won't even come on with diffrent graphics cards in, my last thought is a PSU problem? I've tried cleaning it etc but nothing and its only a year old!

Anyone got any ideas please? i'm totally desperate and can't afford to go to a tech shop or even to replace the PSU if its not faulty. And please don't even consider it being a mobo fault coz that i just couldn't bare.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
mobo. mofo.

heat issue?

have you tried a complete format (the long one) and installing xp?

if you've tried everything else cant see it being anything but the mobo is just crappy.

mapadale

The other day my comp started restarting when idle, then slowly devices started going missing and uninstalling.
My first thought was VIRUS so got a AV software and nothing so i decided to reformat.

Even with no OS Software it still reset and makes me unable to format and get windows on.
Iv tried narrowing everything down, taken ram out, tried diffrent hard drives, diffrent graphics card etc, all to no avail.

Today the monitor won't even come on with diffrent graphics cards in, my last thought is a PSU problem? I've tried cleaning it etc but nothing and its only a year old!

Anyone got any ideas please? i'm totally desperate and can't afford to go to a tech shop or even to replace the PSU if its not faulty. And please don't even consider it being a mobo fault coz that i just couldn't bare.
Geo ill be on msn in a bit if you can speak and ill give you a full guide on testing each bit of hardware.

I did write it here, but went to save and it didn't so frustrated in writing it again. I'll be on about 9ish.