Manchester PWNT!!!

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Oh well, can't win them all.

Barca were the better team on the night.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Don't really care about football, but i did watch and i thought barca had manc all over after 20 minutes. United played well for the first 20 though.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Its Manchester UNITED.

I hate it when people dont pronounce it right when there are two teams in a city.

But Barca are probably the best team i nthe world right now.

That midfield is immense, Xavi and Iniesta, and Toure who played in defence tonight.

Then you have Messi, Henry and Eto'o upfront...

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Am sorry but he has is good days and bad days Messi. To me that ain't best player in world (as people say he is).

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Am sorry but he has is good days and bad days Messi. To me that ain't best player in world (as people say he is).

Name a player that dose not have bad days? state of ronaldo tonight, hes ment to be the best player in the world, tho he acts like a right girl on the pitch, Messi IS the best player in the world, don't care what anyone says, ronaldo is a right ***** and dose not deserve to be the best play in the world.

Barca killed united tonight, any team out there would of never stood a chance, watching barca play like that was brilliant.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
woooo barca ftw
i rate messi and ribery both better than ronaldo jus think hes a good player with a greedy attitude

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
If people dont rate Torres, they dont have a clue about football.

Torres is the best foward in the world. People say its Eto'o, who is a good player and a deadly finisher, but Torres is much better.

Messi imo is the best player in the world. He's scored 37 goals from out wide, in what is probably the 2nd best league in the world. All players have there bad games, no matter if your Pele, Cruyff, Ronaldo (Real one), Rivaldo, Ronaldo (Portugese tosser).

Iniesta is amazing, and so is Xavi, which is why Barca are better than Man Utd. They have avery very good midfield, and United dont.

Fletcher? Anderson? Carrick? All very three average players and none of them would get into that Barca midfield.
They desperatley miss Hargreaves.

Xavi, Iniesta, Toure is a midfield to die for. And as I say, a foward line of Henry... no doubting how good he is, especially when he goes through on goal.
Messi... well best players in the world.
Eto'o... give him a chance, he'll score.

Overall a much better team than Man Utd. Utd match barca upfront, with players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berba... miles behind in midfield as I say, but better at the back.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
if they didn't fall asleep and let that first goal in it would have been a totally different game. Man u would have continued to play as they did for the first 20mins, they always drop their heads a bit when they go a goal down :( next year hopefuly.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Name a player that dose not have bad days? state of ronaldo tonight, hes ment to be the best player in the world, tho he acts like a right girl on the pitch, Messi IS the best player in the world, don't care what anyone says, ronaldo is a right ***** and dose not deserve to be the best play in the world.

Barca killed united tonight, any team out there would of never stood a chance, watching barca play like that was brilliant.

totally agree, its nice to see man utd get taking down, was getting sick of the ****y/arrogant man u fans thinking they are it.

barca were sensational, iniesta and xavi is a lethal combination, the new barca coach deserves a medal, 3 trophys in his debut season...wow.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
If people dont rate Torres, they dont have a clue about football.

Torres is the best foward in the world. People say its Eto'o, who is a good player and a deadly finisher, but Torres is much better.

Messi imo is the best player in the world. He's scored 37 goals from out wide, in what is probably the 2nd best league in the world. All players have there bad games, no matter if your Pele, Cruyff, Ronaldo (Real one), Rivaldo, Ronaldo (Portugese tosser).

Iniesta is amazing, and so is Xavi, which is why Barca are better than Man Utd. They have avery very good midfield, and United dont.

Fletcher? Anderson? Carrick? All very three average players and none of them would get into that Barca midfield.
They desperatley miss Hargreaves.

Xavi, Iniesta, Toure is a midfield to die for. And as I say, a foward line of Henry... no doubting how good he is, especially when he goes through on goal.
Messi... well best players in the world.
Eto'o... give him a chance, he'll score.

Overall a much better team than Man Utd. Utd match barca upfront, with players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berba... miles behind in midfield as I say, but better at the back.

Torres is the best forward in the world IMO.

I don't think Messi is the best player in the world. May have scored 37 goals, which I agree is a fair achievement. But, he plays in La Liga, a league where you have far too much time & space on the ball.

Messi is undoubtedly a brilliant player, although I think that half the time Messi is looking good is due to the style in which the Spanish play. If C. Ronaldo was to go & play for Madrid (Or any team in La Liga tbh), I'm sure that he would make Messi look a fool. This judgment is based purely on the fact that Ronaldo can show boat and make people look stupid in the Premiership, where we have a much 'harder' / 'tighter' game. So, I would have thought that Ronaldo would fit right into any league with a 'game style' such as La Liga.

End of the day, it's hard to compare players who are playing in completely different 'style's' of football. I'd have to go with Ronaldo over Messi though.

Didn't rate either player much last night. Messi's finish was world class. But, Ronaldo is just as good (If not better) in the air as Messi is. You couldn't really rate Ronaldo in last night's game mainly because he hardly got a touch of the ball (Not particularly his fault either, Utd were just terrible all round). Usually I would be saying that Messi won the game for Barca, but last night was all about Iniesta & Xavi.

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I agree Torres is probably the best forward in the world. If he was to play for a team such as Barca or Utd he would get far more recognition.

I wish the media would stop jumping on the whole Ronaldo/Messi thing. Rooney or Vidic has been Utds best player this season and Xavi or Iniesta has been Barcas.

May I just remind everybody though that although Barca dominated, they should never have been in the final in the first place, they are not as invincible as everybody makes out.

Last edited:

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Torres is the best forward in the world IMO.

If C. Ronaldo was to go & play for Madrid (Or any team in La Liga tbh), I'm sure that he would make Messi look a fool. This judgment is based purely on the fact that Ronaldo can show boat and make people look stupid in the Premiership, where we have a much 'harder' / 'tighter' game. So, I would have thought that Ronaldo would fit right into any league with a 'game style' such as La Liga.

I totally totally disagree with those comments, Ronaldo could not make Messi look a fool, unless Messi was defending, but then Messi could do the same back if Ronaldo was defending (Which he never does)

There is no way Ronaldo can be called the best player in the world, he isn't a team player, that was shown last night, Ronaldo got the ball, sprant straight towards the box, lost it and then stood in a sulk whilest Barcelona countered, then Messi lost it, and he worked back for the team to help get the ball back, because he's a team player.

And the only reason Ronaldo looks half decent in this league is because he's playing under Ferguson, he recognises where a teams weakness is and puts Ronaldo there to run at them.

Messi's finish was world class. But, Ronaldo is just as good (If not better) in the air as Messi is. You couldn't really rate Ronaldo in last night's game mainly because he hardly got a touch of the ball (Not particularly his fault either, Utd were just terrible all round). Usually I would be saying that Messi won the game for Barca, but last night was all about Iniesta & Xavi.

Ronaldo may be as good as Messi in the air but you forget that Messi is 5 ft. 7 and Ronaldo is 6 ft 3? Big difference, Messi totally outclasses him for skill and power as well, you saw that when three united defenders brought Messi down and then he got straight back up and fortunately for United the ref pulled it back. And Ronaldo did touch the ball, it's just the fact that when he did he lost it almost imediately.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I dont get the whole "Premier league is much better than others" thing.

We have 4 teams that are good/brilliant.

We have 2 or 3 that are good

The rest are all the same, any of them could go down, any of them can have a decent season.

Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are the main 4 obv.

Villa, Everton, Spurs? Are probably the good ones.. but there only good because they have decent manager who are working well with average players, and one or two good players. Possibly Man City will be a force soon, if they spend right.

The rest, Fulham, Wigan, Sunderland, Hull etc etc are all just the same.. none of them are good and I'm sure Messi would run rings round all of there defenders, just like Ronaldo does.

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire
I agree Torres is probably the best forward in the world. If he was to play for a team such as Barca or Utd he would get far more recognition.

I wish the media would stop jumping on the whole Ronaldo/Messi thing. Rooney or Vidic has been Utds best player this season and Xavi or Iniesta has been Barcas.

May I just remind everybody though that although Barca dominated, they should never have been in the final in the first place, they are not as invincible as everybody makes out.

I dont agree with the torres united thing i dnt see how man u are
better then liverpool (yes im a liverpool fan) but man u only beat us to the
cup this season as they have a bigger team n better players on the bench
and maybe there defence is better. are midfield is way better and illd
say tht it as been proven this season. i also think the league would
of been liverpool's if torres wasnt side lined for a gd 3/4 of the season
as there aint no better partnership then gerrard torres. say if we get a gd cb as jamie is getting old and david villa eto kun agurea how eva u spell
next season is moreless are's