Mapping in 1.9 FIXED :D

slippy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
IRELAND
Ok Ive released a new set of wils and wixs, they identical to the old ones except they compiled into a type 1 .wil file, so the map editor will read em.

the link below has my release, but for now i only have the tiles done, the full set will be here within 24 hours.

http://www.slipware.no-ip.com/Mir.rar

instructions to use:

1.)extract all of the wils and wixs into the folder that u keep Mapedit.exe

2.)Run mapedit.exe and take a look at all your fixed and not so messed up objects n tiles

3.)complain, like everyone does in lomcn thesedays :P

Last edited:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
WOuld it not have been easier to post instrcutions as such - then less downloading, no hosting etc:

1. Grab Kaori WIL editor from : http://www.kaorimir.com/KaoriMIM/
2. Open up your WIL you want to convert
3. Save as Type 1

There, not hard was it..

slippy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
IRELAND
yeah, but thats part of the reason private mir aint as big as it used to be,i mean, back in the game guru/msrf days, new releases were comin out all the time, and also, i aint gonna say noob, coz i believ it to be ignorant, bet newbie private mir editors might not have a clue where to start, and questions would be constantly asked, where as, all they have to do is download, and transfer...and ur mapping

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
slippy said:
yeah, but thats part of the reason private mir aint as big as it used to be,i mean, back in the game guru/msrf days, new releases were comin out all the time, and also, i aint gonna say noob, coz i believ it to be ignorant, bet newbie private mir editors might not have a clue where to start, and questions would be constantly asked, where as, all they have to do is download, and transfer...and ur mapping
But then if you just spoon feed them they'll never learn.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
So let me get this right , they can happliy go into a map editor these Newbies and make maps but opening a file in that editor, picking a name and TYPE =1 and thats somehow hard??? I beleive a Lot of people should NOT own a pc never mind trying to host a server but hey - they do so we help...If people Need a guide with pictures to do the above when tbh its not really that hard to work the program then they should stop right now trying to get a server running...sorry but it has to be said..

Oh and Private mir2 is stuck in a time warp - what have we got? 1.4 and a bunch of chinese half done files? maybe thats the reason why its not as popular as it once was back when 1.4 first came out? Im not knocking what is out and what people have done but you have to agree surely that Mir3 is Way ahead on the private server front is it not....

Last edited:

slippy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2003
IRELAND
demonic, ur like the rest of lomcn, u dont actually stop to think that some people actually prefer the game mir II than III, granted, it might be more upto date, ect, but as long as computer games exist, there will always be retro gamers...

nuff said

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
slippy said:
demonic, ur like the rest of lomcn, u dont actually stop to think that some people actually prefer the game mir II than III, granted, it might be more upto date, ect, but as long as computer games exist, there will always be retro gamers...

nuff said
True, i so much prefer mir2 than 3.

sparx14

wd slippy, btw in the other thread i jus didnt explain what i ment properly lol :P

PsiMan

Golden Oldie
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2004
slippy said:
Ok Ive released a new set of wils and wixs, they identical to the old ones except they compiled into a type 1 .wil file, so the map editor will read em.

the link below has my release, but for now i only have the tiles done, the full set will be here within 24 hours.

http://www.slipware.no-ip.com/Mir.rar

instructions to use:

1.)extract all of the wils and wixs into the folder that u keep Mapedit.exe

2.)Run mapedit.exe and take a look at all your fixed and not so messed up objects n tiles

3.)complain, like everyone does in lomcn thesedays :P

Is it just me or is this Rar file Corrupt ><

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
lol

it only fixes the tiles, and some objects. but you cant see past Object6

And also the objects table is gone, so you need to redo all the objects... i would do it if i can find out how to save the damn object after i creating it in the Object Editor option in the MapEdit >.<