Marvel Heroes

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
[video=youtube;X_Bz7ljPqTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Bz7ljPqTg&list=UUyFmNSiu3BQUr94LzYhkNJQ& index=1[/video]

Looks decent for F2P, someone said the D3 developers are doing this, not sure if it's true or not.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
He mentions he's worked with D1 & D2, either way it actually looks interesting, more the fact that it's F2P and is going diablo style, one thing d3 lacked is variety, so if this picks it up I can actually imagine it taking off.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Currently up to level 18 with The Thing, noticed two things: Heroes are INCREDIBLY rare, so you really will be looking to pay for your hero from the roster (unless you're into one of the first 5, you may get lucky and get one sooner but i've had no heroes, no skins yet).

I'm enjoying the game perfectly fine but being limited to one hero so far is a bit daunting I will admit, it does put me off, I've got the scarlett witch aswell but you unlock her from a mission, so it's not really a drop ^_^. The gameplay is relatively smooth, can't say i've had any bugs hinder me which is good.

You can get massive FPS spikes on event bosses this mainly comes down to one of the options you need to turn down, basically it was 3 bars up out of 10 for me I think and it crippled me, honestly. I'm looking into subtitles on the movies / cut-scenes.

End-game content is daily missions, replayability with different heroes, similar to d3 on release, the same content repeated which is unfortunate but the side areas do change quite a bit from what i've noticed.

Overall i'd say a solid 6/10, but that's so far, (10hours gameplay in total). It'd be a much better game with more people you can party with, just like friends etc. But for soloplay felt the same as d3 a tad lackluster.

/Zelda

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
I played it for a few hours upon release, It just doesn't play as well as Diablo 3. I hastily returned to farming Key-wardens in hope of the expansion being announced soon.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I played it in the closed beta, but i got borred fast, the graphics arent really good, atleast i dont really like it and the rest of the game seems kinda bull if you ask me, you also need to pay if you want hero, only 5 are free i think.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I've played this as the "Thing" not bad class i suppose.

I'd love to see how it would feel to be "Thor". He has best stats on the game to be fair. BECAUSE HE IS A GOD! :p

He has the same amount of Strength as Hulk. Which is funny because Hulk leaver'd him in the avengers :p

Anyways i ain't played recently.. It is sort of stupid when it adds you to a party once you're doing a mission/quest.

I rather do them solo (Because more people = Stronger the monsters) And most of people don't play as good as i need them to.

-Ash

killauk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2012
thor aint to bad played has him in open beta best if u ask me is deadpool just cos when u get him upto about 20 ish he cant die altho sayin that playin has scarlet witch and just sorta pwns

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
controller support would increase the fun from this game tenfold for me, i am messing with pinnacle atm.

this game looks like alot of marvel rpgs that have came out in the past 4 years - ultimate alliance, legends, legends 2.

the one thing for this game is the insane amount of content that is able to be added in future.. how many comic stories? how many movies?

heroes are hard to come buy but you can unlock them a fair bit quicker now, you get a item from mobs that you collect and they drop randomly, you need 175 of these to randomly unlock a hero or 200+ to unlock specific heroes.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
controller support would increase the fun from this game tenfold for me, i am messing with pinnacle atm.

this game looks like alot of marvel rpgs that have came out in the past 4 years - ultimate alliance, legends, legends 2.

the one thing for this game is the insane amount of content that is able to be added in future.. how many comic stories? how many movies?

heroes are hard to come buy but you can unlock them a fair bit quicker now, you get a item from mobs that you collect and they drop randomly, you need 175 of these to randomly unlock a hero or 200+ to unlock specific heroes.
you need 400 to unlock a hero.....

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
its totally different to the dc online game.

Dc online is more of the mmorpg game we are use to where as marvel heroes is the same as diablo but you can see every one else that plays.