Merciful Mir 2 - Medium Rate - Custom

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomshroom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2011
When's this server starting? Need a bloody decent server and one that will last! More than a month lol

Reactions: Nameless

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
When's this server starting? Need a bloody decent server and one that will last! More than a month lol

Hoping to be ready for a little test this weekend if possible, then live for the weekend or 2 weekends after, that's assuming everything goes smoothly haha

Reactions: Jev

Boomshroom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2011
Hoping to be ready for a little test this weekend if possible, then live for the weekend or 2 weekends after, that's assuming everything goes smoothly haha
Let us know D/L location or auto patcher etc :) ill get it down ready ill defiantly test this weekend if allowed :p

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Let us know D/L location or auto patcher etc :) ill get it down ready ill defiantly test this weekend if allowed :p

Once I've got everything sorted ill post an update with discord / download links and hopefully get a little weekend test underway, anyone will be welcome to test :D

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
so what actually happened with your mir 3 server?
Well it ran quite well for the first while, then another server came out (kraken I think), user count fell off and I tried to pull the users back in but once they were gone they never really came back, left it running for a few months for the people who still wanted to play, then eventually decided to take it offline completely.

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
This is just a question not an attack or flame/etc in regards to this "After seeing decent success on my first attempt at a Mir server, Merciless Mir 3 I have decided to try my hand at a Mir 2 server"

I swear i played a mir 2 server or something from you awhile ago checked your posts to make sure and it was "Purgatory" or whatever did it just not release or was it just a beta i don't remember exactly

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
This is just a question not an attack or flame/etc in regards to this "After seeing decent success on my first attempt at a Mir server, Merciless Mir 3 I have decided to try my hand at a Mir 2 server"

I swear i played a mir 2 server or something from you awhile ago checked your posts to make sure and it was "Purgatory" or whatever did it just not release or was it just a beta i don't remember exactly
That's correct, that was back in 2015, from memory that server wasn't much more than the standard database with some basic new stuff added, can't rightly remember if the server even fully released. Should of put "first proper attempt at a Mir server" haha

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Okay cool just wanted to check i don't remember much either but i assumed you were trying to hide it because it went bad or something. Thanks for clarifying

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
cant say im really a fan of any of the current mir 2 releases, so lets see how this one pans out.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That's correct, that was back in 2015, from memory that server wasn't much more than the standard database with some basic new stuff added, can't rightly remember if the server even fully released. Should of put "first proper attempt at a Mir server" haha
Purgatory rings the bell, I am sure I played it and also recall I was sorry for it closing.

I wouldn't guess it would be so long ago, also while I am sure I played the Purgatory server, I might have it mixed with another server(s) in my memories. I think I hunted in Lunar cave when it closed and it was the server on which I joined guild called 'She Said She Was Lvl18', I think run by folks who otherwise play (really live on :)) Arcadia or maybe Project69
Was maybe 3 to 5 of us left playing or even fewer.

Didn't you have that 'dungeon' from M3 with fancy gfx, the one with spiral staircases btw floors, and maybe you had subs in four corners that you had to get keys from to get admitted to KR? But this one I might have it mixed with another server, not sure...

I found one map from that place but maybe you had those four corner subs but not on this map...
1623780109191.png

Last edited:

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Purgatory rings the bell, I am sure I played it and also recall I was sorry for it closing.

I wouldn't guess it would be so long ago, also while I am sure I played the Purgatory server, I might have it mixed with another server(s) in my memories. I think I hunted in Lunar cave when it closed and it was the server on which I joined guild called 'She Said She Was Lvl18', I think run by folks who otherwise play (really live on :)) Arcadia or maybe Project69
Was maybe 3 to 5 of us left playing.

Didn't you have that 'dungeon' from M3 with fancy gfx, the one with spiral staircases btw floors, and maybe you had subs in four corners that you had to get keys from to get admitted to KR? But this one I might have it mixed with another server, not sure...
View attachment 25681

Yeah I think your remembering correctly, that cave defiantly was on purgatory with the keys like you mentioned, hoping the test goes well so we can flush out any issues before they reach the live game ^^

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I played it when at home in EU and my screens from that server are over there.

I remember having to draw a sort of 3d diagram of the cave entrances of that place with four keys from subs (the floors weren't linear going only down as is typical but were mixed up & down... not a maze but a complicated dungeon).

I still have that paper somewhere with various game notes I accumulated over the years. We need ideas like that on servers.

Boomshroom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2011
Main reason I want this server up :) want a last server instead money grab GG shop servers lol

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
after seeing wickeds discord server and saw gg has a channel i thought jesus christ.....really hope this doesnt make that kind of mistake :)

Reactions: Tai

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Just a little update, going to move the test until next weekend, had a few minor set backs but should be fine going forward to have a little test over next weekend, hopefully have enough content to give people a feel for the server.

after seeing wickeds discord server and saw gg has a channel i thought jesus christ.....really hope this doesnt make that kind of mistake :)

The game shop will just be the standard stuff you see on most Mir 2's

Reactions: Flatline
Status
Not open for further replies.