Meteora 2 Point 3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
the words total noob comes to mind for me.. the reason theres only 1-15 ppl on atm is coz its open beta and not everyone likes beta... look on met forums theres like 150 ppl looking at forums a day.

Seriously, just no. :eek:

THEONEANDONLY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 17, 2006
this server is in beta with never befor used files. like to see u make a server with them kind of coding and files.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
the words total noob comes to mind for me.. the reason theres only 1-15 ppl on atm is coz its open beta and not everyone likes beta... look on met forums theres like 150 ppl looking at forums a day.

The server constantly has a low user count because people are having problems with accounts/character creating. Which is always a good reason why people cant get ingame!

Now you can sit and slate the server or whatever it is you are doing. But as people have quite rightly said... it's in Open Beta! With brand new files... which have caused many problems/bugs. And the staff are trying there best to fix them all... once the login issue is sorted then you should notice a rise in the amount of players online!

As someone above me quite rightly said the Server Forums average like 120 - 150 people a day! And yes alot of them don't post... but there still looking daily, and remaining interested. If you kindly would like to sign up to the forums, you can receive some proper feed back. From some proper players! Not just one's who log on and 10mins later log off because they don't want to test... and get there character wiped.

Thanks for your time!

/Joey

madone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
server will be a 10min wonder with people getting bored str8 away.

LONG LIVE MIRREVENGE!

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
Haha MirRevenge. Its basiclly run by a baboon. They cant even make thier own layout for site, and jamie does 5% of work, other people do 95%.

Meteora Easily out goes Mr. MirRevenge is TD's Files, as its too hard for jamie to even do files on his own. Where as Meteora done all this work, and they added things in, people never imagined to be added into mir... So whats better?

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
At the moment there are two very major servers that have unlimited prospects they are RaGEZONE 2.3 and Meteora... both have up to date source codes.

Altho RaGEZONE is alot less buggy and has newer features init alrdy, Meteora has a larger team and i can see them soon having a decentish user count.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Hi guys,

Though i'd better just post this here for the people that don't visit our forums very often. (Taken from Meteora Forums)

I'd just like to apologise for the current state of the server.

It's obviously not as we intended it to be for Open Beta. The files were using have alot of bugs that obviously we hadn't foreseen. Closed Beta was used to balance the server and get the stats/leveling/mob strengths/drops as balanced as we could (I think we've done a pretty good job on that, few drop files may need tweaking but that’s about it). These files were new for Open Beta and the first time we'd had more than 3 or 4 characters connected to them was the first day of Open Beta, so obviously the extra demand was a bit to much for the Character Creation system to handle (Turns out we were running an outdated version of the DBServer and can't seem to find the latest one so we have to code it again). Characters made usually appear after the DBServer has been rebooted though, so i will try to reboot the server a few times a day, in the mean time please just create the one character and wait for the reboot.

Unfortunately most of the bugs encountered are code related, and as we only have one member of the team who is an experienced coder (Cheeky) it is going to take a little while to fix them (Not to mention the fact that he has a new job/house etc).

Matt and I will be working on all the non-coding bugs, but we both have a lot on during the day as well (My Uni course is getting a lot harder and i've got alot more work to do.) But i will aim to fix a few bugs a day, and hopefully, with your help, we can make the server as smooth as possible for the live launch.

I'd just like to thank you for your interest and hope you decide to stick around and help us.

- Lind

For those of you that don't want to play in Open Beta for any reason, i hope that you come back and visit us during our Live Launch as all characters will be reset and the playing field leveled.

Thanks

- Lind

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Been waiting for this server a long time, its good to see some people actually trying to bring more unique servers to the community.

As for the person who say's MirRevenge will be better, you've got to be kidding me. Jamie knows **** all about running a server.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Wouldn't it have been better to do all the testing on the files your actually going to use? If you did you'd of caught all this in Closed BETA, but now your going to have all the possible users complaining about the bugs instead of just a select few.

I'd also love to see 100+ player count lol, you have noticed an Arcade on there site, people from around the world do have a nack for finding these types of things, and it's prob the sole purpose they've signed up to the site.

Although i give you credit for trying these files, an hope it all goes well, but i prob won't be trying it with all the bugs i keep hearing about, maybe when it goes live i'll give it a go.

P.S: I downloaded the client and it turned corrupt on me, so i cba to download it again, thats another reason why im waiting :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
theres not that many server bugs. just ones with their m2server and mir.exe (expected considering the amount theyve changed) i wldnt say it wld take too long to iron out any bug.

grand99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2003
I can't make a game account, i type in the info i would like to use but i can't press the Ok Button

anyone know whats going on plz?

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Alot of problems about characters not showing could be down to people not using the right client. The server has the encryption changed from other servers etc so you must use the client this team has released.

Lind hook me up on msn i'll fix bugs when i can.

nettim2k

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
Alot of problems about characters not showing could be down to people not using the right client. The server has the encryption changed from other servers etc so you must use the client this team has released.

Lind hook me up on msn i'll fix bugs when i can.

Nice to see a posative person on this forum

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
I can't make a game account, i type in the info i would like to use but i can't press the Ok Button

anyone know whats going on plz?

If your getting this problem... try clicking just left of the 'Cancel' button! The Ok button is located there if you don't have the new interface. And to answer the other dude's question... And yeh it's only the login issue which is a major bug. If everyone could make accounts and log in okay. Then the rest of the bugs are basic one's that you'd probably expect to find on a server.

/Joey