Mir 4 Private Server Information

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You may see a few Private Mir 4 servers floating around but I think the community deserve to know how these server's operate.

These servers are NOT private servers and are all operated by Wemade Employees who then sell the binaries to 'Agents', These servers only get the updated server binaries after around a week after Wemade push an update on Mir 4 Global. This allows Wemade to have exclusive content for their playerbase for a week before the "private" servers get the updates. These "Private" servers DO NOT have access to the Mir 4 Source Code in any way and are only supplied said binaries.

Evidence pointing to Wemade links/Input

-Every single one of these servers all point back to Wemade's APIs but some custom APIs are used for payments on the non official servers. IMAGE (REDCATED PRIVATE IPS)
-Wemade are given x% of sales disguised as 'gifts' IMAGE 1 IMAGE 2 IMAGE 3 (REDCATED NAMES/PROFILE PICS)
-Agents are used to sell ingame currency with the promise of Crypto payments. IMAGE (REDCATED NAMES/PROFILE PICS)

There is so much more info that I have collected but it's past the doxxing threshold

A list of Rogue Mir 4 Servers (just to visualize how much money is being made here)

Sea 1
Sea 2
Sea 3
Sea 4
Sea 5
Sea 6
Sea 7
Sea 8
Sea 9
Na 1
Na 2
Na 3
Na 4
R1
R2

1708019598287.png
Please note: A lot of information has been removed from this chart to avoid doxxing. Regardless of their "shady" ways, no one deserves to be doxxed. also, this is just half of it.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Has it been confirmed that Awakening and Dragon World are also dealing with wemade? is it not possible they are just doing the same thing that you are trying to do? Just seems strange they would stay on such an old patch if that was the case.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Has it been confirmed that Awakening and Dragon World are also dealing with wemade? is it not possible they are just doing the same thing that you are trying to do? Just seems strange they would stay on such an old patch if that was the case.
Dragon World's client configuartion file contains all of the urls & IPs it needs to connect to the servers. These are all Wemade Servers and URLs which can only mean one thing.

I've also compared the DragonWorld/AWK client to the Global client and they are very similar. (Too close to be from 2 seperate companies)

You can see these urls in this image

Reactions: forspinki

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
I wonder if they have to pay a fee to upgrade to later patches or something. I have played both of those servers and they are pretty dead compared to Rogue.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I wonder if they have to pay a fee to upgrade to later patches or something. I have played both of those servers and they are pretty dead compared to Rogue.
I’m not sure but with it being Wemade I wouldn’t put it past them. These servers are making a lot of money either way.

Nyylxd

LOMCN Rookie
Sep 5, 2022
This isn't just because of the difference in version, it's also because of bad administration.. all the administrators just turn on the servers and want to make money off of the players.. the rogue for example doesn't even care about the game's basic events hahaha

That's why we're going to make active servers with an administration based on players (who have been very angry at the hands of these admins)

Reactions: Bupper

Ohnozircon

LOMCN Member
Oct 12, 2020
i dont think many people care too much whos behind the servers - not as much as you seem to be jev

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Basically wemade rent their copyright for a fee to these people so not doing anything wrong?

It only seemed shady before because of how they get updates but now it just makes sense fair enough.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Basically wemade rent their copyright for a fee to these people so not doing anything wrong?

It only seemed shady before because of how they get updates but now it just makes sense fair enough.
I personally feel that if I play a game after it’s been advertised as a Private server and later find out that it was infact not a private server and was being ran by wemade I wouldn't be very happy. Would make you feel lied to.

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse and Tai

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
You have a ‘source’ how they operate doesn't matter. I don’t see why you need to discuss their internal corruption drawing more attention here… the mir 4 source is attracting you enough international interest, don’t go getting here too much of the wrong attention.

Focus your time on the source and out of their business.

Its not suprising to hear it either unsure why your shocked when your files have been literally ripped off their servers 😂

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You have a ‘source’ how they operate doesn't matter. I don’t see why you need to discuss their internal corruption drawing more attention here… the mir 4 source is attracting you enough international interest, don’t go getting here too much of the wrong attention.

Focus your time on the source and out of their business.

Its not suprising to hear it either unsure why your shocked when your files have been literally ripped off their servers 😂
Trust me, I’m focused on the source. The community deserve to know that they are being lied to, we don’t police servers but this is a morally unacceptable.

Reactions: Bupper and OxxpqxxO

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
I do not mean to prey on this riveting conversation going on however it is a tad hypocritical to judge a companies morals when we are all in the interest of reverse-engineering / private server creation of their IP.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This isn't just because of the difference in version, it's also because of bad administration.. all the administrators just turn on the servers and want to make money off of the players.. the rogue for example doesn't even care about the game's basic events hahaha
Well if anything that does make them private servers... The possibility that Wemade are also making money from them doesn't really change anything. All it means is no one has the source.

Jev said:
this is a morally unacceptable

I'm sorry but are you serious :LOL: too ironic

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I'm sorry but are you serious :LOL: too ironic
Im So Scared Gene Wilder GIF

Post automatically merged:

i dont think many people care too much whos behind the servers - not as much as you seem to be jev
If you don’t care then why bother commenting 😂

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
All I'm going to say is I played Mir4 and a lot of the WeTrash titles that came after it WeTrash have one goal and that is profit and it doesn't matter to them how they make it or if something is moral or not they are honestly a terrible example of humanity and all these other companies that run games with the same goal and methodology are just as bad if not worse.

I play games for fun and enjoyment along with a community and most of all a fair playing field in which to compete which you cannot do long term in a Wetrash title, early on when shop is limited and whales aren't spending as heavy you can compete and have fun for a month or two but after that point it becomes a D**k swinging contest of who has a bigger bank account.