Mir3 server emu source

konnichiwa

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 26, 2003
yeah i agree, but i'll have to get another laptop to do it on because i can use .NET 2 because of work... i'll get a cheap one from alienware... yeah stored procs are theay forward... u on MSN?

konnichiwa

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 26, 2003
okay, converted almost everything into C# and i'm ready to test it... except i dont have the client... okay.. i'll start the download 2morrow!

if anyone wants more info on this msg me [email protected] <--- MSN

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
All looks great and well done for the port to C#.

So some of us are interested in making a sourceforge project thats great we could really start to get this moving.

Would it be possible to get the source for the Lombot as that is basically a client and then we could start coding our own client?

Great work people I am playing around with an addon at the moment that adds functioanlty to Mir 2 server it is working but I need to tidy it up a bit.

It uses namelists so can also be used for the mir 3 server.

Ill post the source (VB.net) soon for those that are interested.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
StuzUK said:
All looks great and well done for the port to C#.

So some of us are interested in making a sourceforge project thats great we could really start to get this moving.

Would it be possible to get the source for the Lombot as that is basically a client and then we could start coding our own client?

Great work people I am playing around with an addon at the moment that adds functioanlty to Mir 2 server it is working but I need to tidy it up a bit.

It uses namelists so can also be used for the mir 3 server.

Ill post the source (VB.net) soon for those that are interested.
hehe allready gave the lombot source to a few ppl
but the lombot is totaly different and much less complete (+ it's mir2) then the server
you have all the info the lombot contains just by looking at the server :p

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
Im having problems with the mirserver-new.rar

I cant get the path correct for the .sln and other files for it to compile can someone please give me the location that the mirserver\gamserver\gamserver should reside.

I extracted the new rar to c:\mirserver\gamserver\gamserver

and when compiling the lomdll resource could not be found.

When I first compiled the code it was on g: and I got the same error.

Once I put the old source on C:\mirserver it compiled.

But the new rar will not compile and still gives me the same error so I know its the path.

Thanks

Last edited:

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
You could always re-reference the lomdll

Also in Project > Properties > Reference Paths you can add/change the path from c:\mirserver to whatever you want..

Last edited:

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
lomdll is still from lombot it's in c:\lombot\ folder on my pc if that helps :p

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
Thanks guys rerefancing the dll worked a treat I can compile now.

For anyone else having this problem you simply go to the Project / Add Referance menu and browse to the Interop.LomDLL.dll the default location is c:\lombot\ would be worth creating that directory and placing the dlls there.

Then adding the referance.

I noticed that the IP 192.168.0.2 is hard coded also.

Could we start to build a small guide for these files as once we can set them up with ease and have some instrucitons starting a project on SF would be easier.

Anyway now to try and get ingame.

Last edited:

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
Next problem is that the files will not allow me to connect to the dbs.

Could someone that has them working please tell me what you had to change as the source is set up as if it was on thedeths pc.

SQL instancenames, IPs are all set to thedeaths.

I cant get a ei client to connect could some one please assit me in editing the sources to enable me to connect to them.

Thanks again. =)

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
What DB's are you trying to make them connect to? if it's the
official mir 3 DB then you will need to alter the source slightly...

If it's thedeaths db, that they are made to work with then I presume
then it should work fine?

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
After a bit of toil and trouble got the files online.

Had to place extract the lombot.rar and place the lombot directory onto c:\

then run the bat file to register the lomdll.

I had problems importing the mirdb.bak so we had to use mdf and log files from another db on import to sql and then restore the bak file.

You can run the server with just map 0 the map numbers to load can be found using the Enterprise Manger and looking in / databases / mirDB / tables / maps

right click maps / open table / return all rows then select and delete all maps except map 0

Another problem people may have is if they do not know there client version stopping them from getting to the notice.

This was bypassed in the following fashion.

using the gameserver-new.rar / gameserver.sln

open mainserver.rar

in VS.net go to line 94

replace

'If Trim(version) = config.clientversion Then 'check if they are using the correct client

with

'If Trim(version) = config.clientversion Then 'check if they are using the correct client
If Trim(version) = version Then 'STUZ: fix to bypass client check

this bypasses the client check and allows any client to connect for now.

Once in game there is a break point set so that once you talk or shoput the programme will break.

Go to Line 375 or serach for

If body.StartsWith("!")

Youll see a red circle and a and the line has a red background.

Right click the circle and remove breakpoint.

You can now chat and walk.

Thanks thedeath .

I was looking on source forge I logged in went over the project appliaction once more and we have enough to start a project.

We need a license http://opensource.org/docs/definition.php

and to choose some kind of name etc eiEmu etc suggestions would be great.

I dont mind setting it up an dfilling the application form.

It would be great if we could host a fourm here also if that would be ok?

=)

I have attached the mainserver.vb in a rar with the slight gameserver mods above the database youll have to do your self.

Back to it... Stuz out.
'shouts

http://opensource.org/docs/definition.php

Attachments

• Mainserver.rar
    6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
stuz all nice but:
bypassing the client check might seem like a smart thing to do but instead its gonna be causing you alot of problems
the client check doesnt check what exe you're using, it checks what version you're using
basicaly if the version changes there's a high risk the buffers change and that causes alot of bugs which means if you dont code the server for your version/exe and give eveyrone this version then you're gonna get alot of complaints about bugs that dont really excist for you

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
Sure I understand that, but this was the only way I could connect as I do not have that client version you speak of in the code.

This meant that the client I had could and would not connect to the Gameserver allthough it was connected to the other three.

As soon as I changed that code my client connected and I can walk talk etc.
I would rather leave it as was but will need the same version client.

Also what what client specific code is in the source?
I dont want to cause problems but this is the only way for me to connect at this time.

Do you know where I could downlaod the version of the client that matches the server pleasee?

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
Thanks for that will it work ok with the mir3_20030515f installation files ie obkects wise or will I have to update the client to the same veriosn as the exe?