Mouse Problem.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
You must be getting bored of my "problem/error" threads by now, but hopefully this will be the last one for some time :P

Anyway, the problem is that only one of my mouse's work, my optical one. I try plug any of my other ball ones and they will not work at all now :( It may not be major, but i want to try use a ball mouse again because my optical one is abit jumpy at times -_- I am 100% not sure what the problem is, and the 2 ball mouse's i tryed to use are plug and play, and they worked before i used this optical mouse.

Here are some port errors in device manager, i am not sure if they have any connection with the ball mouse failure, but they may aswell be posted:

error2jv4.jpg

Ty for your help :D

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England
If by jumpy you mean moves on it's own, i had a mini-mouse that did that, I went and bought a decent mouse. :)

In my opinion it's something to do with the lighting in the mouse, but what do I know :P

Not sure on those ball mice though, I haven't used one in years. Good luck on fixing it.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Im still using the old school ball mouse. Ive had diff types of ball mouse, some plug into my keyboard and some plug into the normal main port.

you tried both?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
try blow the bit where the lazer is, mine used to jump aswell. but ig ot a decent one now, lol

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Still cant get it working :( i found a ball mouse which works (ones that came with my pc), but i cannot get my ball mouse with a wheel to work still :(