my 1st try

CrAnK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2005
This is my 1st eva try at doin a map takin ages 2 do still loads 2 do here wot it looks like atm runin outa idears so mayb som1 can giv me som and tell me how to delet thinks plzzz
rythemhomemap12cr.jpg

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
soz m8 dont mean to be mean but looks like uve spent 10 mins on that map , if you wanna get good @ maps pm richen asking him for tips , maps take long time to perfect . it just dont work at all imo , them lil brown fence bits going on to big yellow walls looks silly.

saw it was ur 1st go , its ok then

Last edited:

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
I don't think it's too shabby for a first attempt! Looks pretty well lined up, and the town layout is very original. Obviously it isn't finished so it won't too amazing now, but give it a bit mroe work and it'll turn out pretty good!

Note: Just a bit of advice - a little wooden fence realistically wouldn't look right alongside a big city palace :p I'd recommend using the walls that come with the castle tbh.

Here's a guide to deleting:

Erasing can only be done to objects, although any last action (and only the last action - i.e. last click on the map) can be 'undone' by pressing 'Ctrl + z'

You must remember that object tilesets are made up of many vertical 'objects'. To delete them, select the 'Ers' tab, and you can remove them by clicking on the square when the actual vertical object was placed (when you place an object tileset or object strip you will see a lot of grey rimmed squares - you have to delete them to delete the objects slips).

You must also note that the map editor doesnt automatically refresh, so you have to drag a palette over the area which you've erased or editted to see if a change has been made.

CrAnK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2005
Just added a som trees ect in lookin a bit better now
rythemhomemap29cn.jpg

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Quite a bit Spaced mate. All i can say for a first map. My first few maps wurn't that better.

Keep working on it.
Show us some more maps!!

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Actually quite nice :D i like it!

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
It's starting to come together really well! That's probably the best first-time map I've seen in a quite a while. My only complaint is again that you've mixed certain tilesets that don't fit in the appropriate area, such as the bendy trees only actually fit well on the very dark green tileset, and the big yellow trees dont actually fit well growing in the wild (because they have big ribbons on them). Othere than that it definetely earns itself a 5/10 for effort and style :)

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
in my imo it needslike 30 mins more on it , wheres detail outside of town? saying that when do ppl run about in most priv servers.

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
tbh when i first looked at it i didnt think it was good
but when you done more progress on it i started to think it was ok. :D