My Rebirth NPC

Join Discord

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Kk, I made a Rebirth Script to be put on an NPC, and it was working for Rebirth 1 (I only coded it up to Rebirth1 to see if it all worked correctly). As it worked properly, I decided to continue up to Rebirth10, was just woundering if any of it could be improved upon, or if there was any errors, I suspect the Script is too large to post, so I will attach it instead.

Warning: If you use this script, it uses...
Flags:
Rebirth1: 401
Rebirth2: 402
Rebirth3: 403
Rebirth4: 404
Rebirth5: 405
Rebirth6: 406
Rebirth7: 407
Rebirth8: 408
Rebirth9: 409
Rebirth10: 410

Lists:
Rebirth1.txt
Rebirth2.txt
Rebirth3.txt
Rebirth4.txt
Rebirth6.txt
Rebirth7.txt
Rebirth8.txt
Rebirth9.txt
Rebirth10.txt

/To use lists, make a folder in Market_Def called "Rebirth", then in that folder, add the Lists needed shown above

//Lists are used to keep track of who is a certain Rebirth level for stuff that may be just Rebirth quests, or you can use the Flags

///If any of you use this Script, please +Rep!

-Aer

Attachments

• rebirth.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Reactions: mirlin6

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
nice script.. very nice.. i'm not sure if i will be using.. while i was reading it i saw this.. i think its a mistyped letter :)

[@warrior10]
#IF
#ACT
renewlevel 10 40 10s
ADDNAMELIST Rebirth\Rebirth10.txt
set [4010] 1
SETRANKLEVELNAME %s\Rebirth10
SENDMSG 1 "Congratulations! <$USERNAME> has reached Rebirth 10!"
CHANGENAMECOLOR 181

also all the rebirth 10 have flag 4010 instead of 410

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Thanks =] this is my first NPC release ^_^
Also thanks for the mistypes =]

//Fixed

Any other errors?

Also any ways to improve?

-Aer

Last edited:

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Hi iv never used a rebirth script b4 so what do u get & each rebirth i know you level drops but what elce?

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Hi iv never used a rebirth script b4 so what do u get & each rebirth i know you level drops but what elce?
As you said, youre level drops, but also, because of the checks I've put in, there are 2 ways to add benefits such as new quests, and if you use an NPC or a CustomCommand, new maps, and possibly items(not sure though). Also you could add something to your @Login to give people a Rank when they login, and a new colour to their name aswell

EDIT: Also you get some Ability points as mStation stated below >.< I cant belive I fogot bout them, lol.

-Aer

Last edited:

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i feel the script is quite long and messy but looking at it it also seems to work so who cares :D

not sure if i'm going to try it but if i will think to implement a birth system i will code one and compare.. surely it can be improved (not because it's ur first script) but because everything can be improved and if i can i will tell u..

and as heavensent asked what does the renewlevel command makes u reborn with a setted level and having some ability points.. u can use flags in rebirth has he did so u can use them for special quests or use abilitypoints to gain with npc checks special items or whatever fantasy can decide!

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Hopeing to hear from you about improvments sometime, mStation =]

[EDIT]
A part that could make it significantly smaller is if I took out the Job checks (Warr, Wiz, Tao).
They are only in there incase you want to give them a class-specific item when they rebirth or something.
If anyone would like me to edit the script so the Job checks wasn't in it, please post and I will do so

-Aer

Last edited:
Reactions: solvent

Supremesis

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2007
Would use it if i knew how to add a new npc (for r/b) and also how to add custom commands heck im a noob to mir2 development if it wasn't for lomcn were would i be :(

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
To add custom commands..
Step 1: Goto C:\Mirserver\M2Server\Envir\CustomCommands.txt
Step 2: Add the command you want on a NEW line, such as "@help"
NOTE: This means that when people type @help in game, it will recognise the command, however won't do anything yet. The next steps are the ones that make it do stuff
Step 3: Head on over to C:\Mirserver\M2Server\Envir\Market_Def\QFunction-0.txt
Step 4: Somewhere in there, preferably the bottom, add a new link which has something like the following script..

Code:
[@help]
#ACT
#SAY
Welcome, <$USERNAME>.\
<Commands/@commands>