Mystery cave

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Pretty sure it would pop a message up saying item is cured or similar.
These were the ones that were stuck on you.

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Yeah item would flag up cursed, then you need keep killing mobs to get a mystery water to take it off. Was some real decent items in game from mystery caves. But you would then need trust screenshot off the item put on the forums, if you were to buy it. As you couldn't see stats in the trade box..so many people would've been scammed from this.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Yeah item would flag up cursed, then you need keep killing mobs to get a mystery water to take it off. Was some real decent items in game from mystery caves. But you would then need trust screenshot off the item put on the forums, if you were to buy it. As you couldn't see stats in the trade box..so many people would've been scammed from this.
I remember how much people conned each other on Euro.

Mystery caps I know where droppable items. I recall a guy in my guild saying he dropped a mystery cap after PK.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
from what i remember... which isnt great tbh

mystery items only ever dropped in mystery cave, you NEVER saw the stats on them untill someone had put it on ONCE then the stats were always visible,

the risk in putting on an item was that it could be cursed and you had to use a water to remove the item, i dont remeber stats ever going back to ???? after it was worn thought. but back then items would break when dura reached 0/0 (waynes slayer >.<) so if you didnt have water you had the break the item off.

hardest monster was always the Hen

deers had to be thrust because the AC was just too high on them and the tip of thrust ignores AC so it was the only way to deal melee damage,

thats what i remember :)

Reactions: mir2pion and Jev

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
the risk in putting on an item was that it could be cursed and you had to use a water to remove the item, i dont remeber stats ever going back to ???? after it was worn thought. but back then items would break when dura reached 0/0 (waynes slayer >.<) so if you didnt have water you had the break the item off.
Stats would be visible to the wearer once equipped, people viewing the char would only see ????

Reactions: Sanjian